Author Topic: Item Illustrations  (Read 1751 times)

Offline V. Lokai

• Doom Cookie
  • Planewalker
    • BGII NPC - Sudar
Item Illustrations
« on: July 16, 2004, 04:28:32 PM »
Ok, when you click to get the description of an item you also get an illustration of it to the left, what kind of format are these in? Can I add in my own and if so how?
When All Else Fails, Play Dead

Offline Bons

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Glad Corvis Isn't Dead Club
Re: Item Illustrations
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2004, 05:05:08 PM »
Those are also BAMs. The in-game ones for the description sceeen all start with C, I believe. For example CCLCK20.bam is the description screen image where ICLCK20.bam is the inventory image for and item called CLCK20 (Cloak of the Shield). You can review all these in NI. To make my own description pic for a custom BAM, I save the palette off a .gif copy of an in-game description BAM in Photoshop using the "Save Color Table." I then convert my new inventory icon to that palette with "Load Color Table." Most graphics programs probably have a way of doing the same thing.

I usually make items in DLTCEP, where you simply type in the bam names in the "Icon & Item atributes" tab. In NI, the description BAM is set at the "Carriedicon" for the item.
Newt had always suspected that people who regularly used the word "community" were using it in a very specific sense that excluded him and everyone he knew.

--Neil Gaiman, Terry Pratchett, "Good Omens"

Offline V. Lokai

• Doom Cookie
  • Planewalker
    • BGII NPC - Sudar
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2004, 05:10:01 PM »
Oh thank you very much.  :)
When All Else Fails, Play Dead

Offline cliffette

• Timmins Tragic
  • Planewalker
  • I still like Neighbours
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2004, 07:37:29 PM »
To make my own description pic for a custom BAM, I save the palette off a .gif copy of an in-game description BAM in Photoshop using the "Save Color Table." I then convert my new inventory icon to that palette with "Load Color Table." Most graphics programs probably have a way of doing the same thing.

Oh my. I've been using the eyedropper tool and the colour sliders all this time.  :-[

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: