Author Topic: Bug?? - problem at end of game and uninstall did not work right  (Read 1444 times)

John

Hi,

Sorry, two problems to report.

I played ver 4 of BG1Tutu and ver 4 of the fixpack.  I had also installed TotSC,  BG1 NPC Project, The Grey Clan and The Vault mods.

First problem has already been reported elsewhere - after beating Sarevok, the UI screens diisappeared and everyone stood around.  Because I had won, I just manually ended the game.

Second problem - ran bg1tutu_restore.exe.  No problems reported afaik from looking at the prompt screen and looking at the log afterward.  However,
1.  found no transition directory as referenced in the readme info for BG1Tutu
2.  when I start BG2 (baldur.exe), it loads the screens that I was used to for BG1Tutu
3.  the screen to choose between BG2 and ToB displays "Baldur's Gate" in the left box and "Throne of Bhaal" in the right box.
4.  clickling the left box - "Baldur's Gate" - ultimately loads Baldur's Gate whether I choose to import my character from the BG1Tutu game "final save" or start a new character.
5.  clicking the right box - ToB - started the options for ToB as expected.

Hmm, just thought of something.  I don't remember your readme saying if the .ini file needed to be changed back after finishing BG1Tutu.  I'll try that.  If so, then I certainly recommend explicitly reminding the user of that in your Uninstall instructions.

All things considered, I enjoyed revisiting BG1 and playing BG1Tutu.  Except for the already documented CTD's in Beregost and maybe one other place, it was fun and the highlight feature (tab) helped me find things I had overlooked in previous games   :) 

John

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: