Author Topic: Bug report?  (Read 19968 times)

Offline NiGHTMARE

• Idiot
  • Planewalker
Re: Bug report?
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2005, 07:44:12 PM »
Sounds like the same problem discussed towards the end of this thread.
The Gibberlings Three - home to the BG1 NPC Project, BG2 Tweak Pack, Divine Remix, GemRB, Lands of Intrigue, Song & Silence, and many more!

Offline storm

• Planewalker
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2005, 08:12:34 PM »
thanks you  for replying i was shure it was part of the  mis encounter part of the doquest since when i unstalled that part  bodhi apeared no problem but  i was restarting a new game to see if it still hapned without  kivan mod now i can reinstall kivan and enjoy.

Offline Diana

• Neophyte
  • Planewalker
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2005, 04:09:46 PM »
Probably already addressed.  Running V1 and doing Korgan's book quest.  While fighting Shagbag and Co. Moiya just HAS to put in her two cents while we're in combat.

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2005, 07:19:08 AM »
Fixed for v2, thanks.

Offline Bex

• black marketeer
  • Planewalker
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2005, 06:20:25 PM »
I don't know if anyone's pointed out this typo, but when you release Carla, you can tell her she should be "greatful." Correct spelling is "grateful."

I'd also like to point out that Celile in Brynnlaw is easily charmed, and can then be made to stand in the corner like a naughty boy. He doesn't attack again. It seems more refined than ctrl+y-ing him, to me. Not that it will matter once the next version comes out.
Silverjon's Journal: a Baldur's Gate fanfic/semi-AAR, by yours truly

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2005, 06:21:57 PM »
I don't know if anyone's pointed out this typo, but when you release Carla, you can tell her she should be "greatful." Correct spelling is "grateful."
Is fixed, yeh.

I'd also like to point out that Celile in Brynnlaw is easily charmed, and can then be made to stand in the corner like a naughty boy. He doesn't attack again. It seems more refined than ctrl+y-ing him, to me. Not that it will matter once the next version comes out.
Heheh. Ah, if only charmed dialogue worked in the BG2 engine.

Offline Bex

• black marketeer
  • Planewalker
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2005, 06:34:20 PM »
Heheh. Ah, if only charmed dialogue worked in the BG2 engine.

That would rock. The lack of it is the worst thing about TuTu.

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2005, 06:39:49 PM »
We're working on a fix. It requires a slight change to the functionality of charm, though (creatures initiate dialogue automatically when charmed). It'll be optional, though. Consider it an engine feature.

Offline Bex

• black marketeer
  • Planewalker
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2005, 07:46:37 PM »
Colour me impressed.

Offline Deathsangel

• Planewalker
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2005, 09:49:44 AM »
Not real bug, but actually a typo. I thought to be smart as to lend money and then get him to go by finishing Moiya's quest (is he still coming after you in v.2, can you repay somewhere?). However then something funny occurs. First he tells me that I have to pay back in 10 days. I agree and then all of a sudden: "Remember 6 days".  :o I like, he that is almost the half of the time, what gives?
Now where did that old interessting mod go? What was it called? O yeah, The Mod for the Wicked. Well, it has been revived!!! Check it out at SHS and at http://www.geocities.com/fanaticfantasyfan

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2005, 06:30:52 PM »
That's pretty odd-- I'll take a look into it. I've reworked the entire lending thing anyway for v2, so it's possible that it's fixed already as a side-effect.

Offline Azazello

• The Anti-Spammer
  • Planewalker
    • Azazello’s Music Profile at Last.fm
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2005, 06:30:14 PM »
Version 2 -

a TP2 routine reassigns the Kit codes as this
0x0000 WILDMAGE
0x0000 BARBARIAN

Shouldn't it be this...?
0x401E WILDMAGE
0x401F BARBARIAN
Community Contributions
Level 1 NPCs * gMinion: expanded TP2 for MegaInstalls * PSM (PSQM): expanded scripts for Melanthium * non-detectable Cloak of Non-Detection ?? * Weimer's-Tactics: revised TP2 for MegaInstalls
========================================
"Deception has many faces. Truth...has only one."

Offline SixOfSpades

• Planewalker
    • Volothamp's Comeuppance
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2005, 06:51:04 PM »
I've reworked the entire lending thing anyway for v2, so it's possible that it's fixed already as a side-effect.
Reworked in that....the party can no longer amass something like 250 gold, and then suddenly barter that into 50,000 via borrowing, giving back, and then borrowing again in the space of a single minute? A simple timer, preventing Celile from lending you any more after you've just paid him back, seems the best reply to this possible exploit.

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2005, 07:00:45 PM »
Version 2 -

a TP2 routine reassigns the Kit codes as this
0x0000 WILDMAGE
0x0000 BARBARIAN

Shouldn't it be this...?
0x401E WILDMAGE
0x401F BARBARIAN
Both are correct. Next release will not remove the alternative entries. (Although they potentially break stuff. Modders using kit checks or AddKit should check they work, rather than relying on the multitude of "fixed" IDS files around.)

Reworked in that....the party can no longer amass something like 250 gold, and then suddenly barter that into 50,000 via borrowing, giving back, and then borrowing again in the space of a single minute? A simple timer, preventing Celile from lending you any more after you've just paid him back, seems the best reply to this possible exploit.
Reworked in that it's actually vaguely functional. Will add a timer in next version.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2005, 07:03:21 PM by SimDing0™ »

Offline Miss Sakaki

• Planewalker
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2005, 05:49:44 AM »
I experienced a problem where I gave Kram the halfling the Ring of Human Influence but it remained in my inventory.
Also, there's a typo in one of Galoomp's dialogues - he says reutrn instead of return.
Would you give a guy a foot massage? If so, maybe you'd like Nathaniel.

What's a little falsehood between friends? The mysteries of The Luxley Family are soon to be unravelled.

Offline Miss Sakaki

• Planewalker
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2005, 03:25:45 PM »
Another bug: I could tell Brega that Aran had been killed more than once, leading to unlimited XP and rep increase.
Would you give a guy a foot massage? If so, maybe you'd like Nathaniel.

What's a little falsehood between friends? The mysteries of The Luxley Family are soon to be unravelled.

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2005, 04:10:25 PM »
Oh yeh, damn. Fixed, thanks.

Offline Odolon

• Planewalker
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2005, 06:51:18 AM »
After I did accept Bregas quest, I entered the Guildhall and fight the thieves with the amnish Soldiers on the ground floor.
The captain tells me to find someone in charge to get a key. I headed to the second floor and it was empty. No thieves, Renal or someone. How am I be able to get the key? ( I did not pay Gailen the money for the key in chap. 1).

Second: I used CluaCons to continue. All the dialogs from Aran, Hanz even Gailen are the same as I would have joined Bodi ( which I didn't). Saerileth Mod gives you an alternative route to Spellhold.

Overall I did enjoy the Mod and the quests. good Job.

Odolon.

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2005, 07:31:56 AM »
If you could e-mail a savegame to SimDing0@hotmail.com just prior to either entering the guildhall or going up to the second floor, that'd be helpful. I suspect, however, that it may come down to Saerileth's alternative path to Brynnlaw breaking the quest, since I rely heavily on the logic that if you didn't side with Bodhi, you sided with Aran.

Offline NiGHTMARE

• Idiot
  • Planewalker
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2005, 07:40:15 AM »
Any plans to change that? I know of at least four other mods which plan to add alternate routes to Spellhold :).
The Gibberlings Three - home to the BG1 NPC Project, BG2 Tweak Pack, Divine Remix, GemRB, Lands of Intrigue, Song & Silence, and many more!

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2005, 07:43:50 AM »
If I can find an easy solution to the issue then yes, I'll fix it, but I don't want to invest excessive effort or provide specific handling, since I've always found the choice between Bodhi and the Shadow Thieves to be a satisfactory plot point. (I'm also not in a great hurry until a few of those four other mods actually approach completion.)

Offline LiT

• Planewalker
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2005, 10:52:09 AM »
If you could e-mail a savegame to SimDing0@hotmail.com just prior to either entering the guildhall or going up to the second floor, that'd be helpful. I suspect, however, that it may come down to Saerileth's alternative path to Brynnlaw breaking the quest, since I rely heavily on the logic that if you didn't side with Bodhi, you sided with Aran.

Hmm, well I managed to sucessfully do the quest after taking Saerileth's alternate way.

Offline Odolon

• Planewalker
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2005, 02:28:25 AM »
Hi SimDing0

I am afraid but I don't have a savegame prior entering the Guildhall. I Startet a new game. Once I am in Chapt 6 I send you the Savegame.

An idea crossed my mind. Would it be possible to add Gailen Bail to the Guildhall in Chapt 6 and when you kill him, he drops the key?
In this case it won't mather which route you take to spellhold. You are able to optain the key everytime.

Odolon

Offline Elyadria

• Planewalker
Sime/Bodhi - dialog loop
« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2005, 02:27:53 PM »
Hi there !

I´m having a problem with Sime...
There is a dialog-loop in the dungeon, where Bodhi finds me...

Bodhi -"And I´ve brought a friend -- a friend of yours, in fact"
Sime -"Surrender your flesh to my mistress"
1: !Sime ?!"
Bodhi - "The poor creature went for help, but alas, she didn´t make it far. Now she will help me in this episode."

At this point Bodhi starts the whole dialog again and again and again...and the game doesn´t go on.
Are there any solutions ?!?

Kind regards from germany...
Manuela

Offline Nihilanth

• Planewalker
« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2005, 10:30:09 PM »
Well for Edwin's task of killing Rayic Gethras, I decided to buy the signet ring. Upon showing the signet ring to Edwin, he congratulates me and I get 20,000 XP. The problem is that I still have the ring and when I talk back to Edwin, he shows the same series of options as before I showed him the ring resulting in both an XP loop of sorts (continually show him the ring for 20,000 XP each time) and being unable to continue on.

All the other options work normally (Telling Edwin that Rayic sent you resulting a battle with some shadow thieves) but I was wondering if there was any way to make him accept the ring for good through use of the console or is it some obscure conflict with whatever numerous mods I've installed?

---
This is not a sig
PS:Thanks for creating this mod. I've always been unsatisfied with Kalah and the Lost Girl until now.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: