Author Topic: Screenshots  (Read 29128 times)

Offline KIrving

• Planewalker
Re: Screenshots
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2004, 05:44:59 PM »
I love the new screenshot, especially this line,
6:-(You meet Cailean's gaze boldly and, with much grace and aplomb, trip over your own feet.)
  It doesn't sound as much like my PC as it sounds like me!! :-[
Look at the stars.
Listen to the rain.
Walk backwards.
Talk to a rock.

Offline Neferit

• feeble-minded
  • Planewalker
  • Master of Czenglish
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2005, 10:30:11 AM »
And what about some new screenshots?

Offline St. Josephine

• Planewalker
  • The Patron Saint of Mediocrity
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2005, 06:10:19 PM »
I'm hoping the next "new" thing we release is the completed mod.   :)
Cailean: An archer NPC for the insatiably nosy!

Despite his heartthrob status in real life, Orlando Bloom has consistently functioned as a node of negative energy onscreen, sucking the life force out of all who surround him. --Dana Stevens, Slate.com

Offline Neferit

• feeble-minded
  • Planewalker
  • Master of Czenglish
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2005, 08:39:33 AM »
I hope so, too ;)

Pigeon

« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2005, 05:55:38 PM »
I am so impressed with your work so far. I was going to start a new game today, but I think I'll wait until the mod is released. The anticipation is making me giddy.  ;D

Jon

« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2005, 07:06:45 PM »
Ah, yes! Another who has stopped playing Baldur's Gate II for the sake of Cailean! I even installed the Tactics mod to spice things up a bit; make it all the more special.

Offline TormentedDragon

• spleling ninja
  • Planewalker
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2006, 05:44:29 PM »
Whatever small, tiny doubts I may have had about this mod have been flattened, rolled up, and tossed aside. After reading this:

(You meet Cailean's gaze boldly and, with much grace and aplomb, trip over your own feet.)

I promptly laughed my head off, and managed to get it reattached some ten minutes later. BGII is an excellent story, but when you get right down to it, it's rather dour (with the obvious exception of Minsc). Most mods reflect that. Glad to see you've decided to add a little humor.

Offline Riviera

• Insanity and Randomness Incarnate
  • Planewalker
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2006, 01:06:54 AM »
^^ I love it so much when mods include options that let your PC be something other then the eternally strong, ever sure, never afraid Charname that I get the impression of in the unmodded BG trilogy..

I mean, it just makes it that much more fun when you can have your PC be.. I don't know.. deathly afraid of spiders. Or show that they DO break down every so often, or have little quirks like the 'falling over their own feet' up there.

I can't wait until 'Lean is out! (Trying and failing to find a good nickname for him.)
NPC favorites:

Xan
Kivan
Solaufein
Tsujatha

Note that they are all elves <3

Offline TormentedDragon

• spleling ninja
  • Planewalker
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2006, 07:59:32 PM »
Aye, there's a distinct lack of moments of weakness for the main character. Moments of foolishness, moments of arrogance and bravado, allowing rage to overcome reason, all those are in there, yes. But no, not allowed to be weak, not allowed to have one possibly fatal flaw...

But then it's a story that is designed with the idea that the main character can be almost anybody. Predefined weaknesses are therefore very difficult to implement. Such are the limitations of games such as this. Which, of course, makes the mods so much the better.

Maybe try "Cai" as a nickname?

Offline berelinde

• Planewalker
    • Gavin, cleric of Lathander, for Tutu
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2006, 09:14:49 PM »
Funny thing that. When DBF and I were doing PnP gaming, I had a cleric that was deathly afraid of spiders, and was an utterly inept rider. DBF, the DM, insisted on throwing them at poor Ian every chance he got.

It made for some funny role-playing.

But Ian was funny. I remember DBF wrote an entire session around the possibility that Ian, the do-gooder cleric, would attempt to break up a bar fight. Unfortunately, DBF had to come up with something else quickly, because Ian did not get involved.

It's things like this that I sometimes miss about CRPG.

Offline Riviera

• Planewalker
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2006, 10:04:33 PM »
Aye, there's a distinct lack of moments of weakness for the main character. Moments of foolishness, moments of arrogance and bravado, allowing rage to overcome reason, all those are in there, yes. But no, not allowed to be weak, not allowed to have one possibly fatal flaw...

But then it's a story that is designed with the idea that the main character can be almost anybody. Predefined weaknesses are therefore very difficult to implement. Such are the limitations of games such as this. Which, of course, makes the mods so much the better.

Maybe try "Cai" as a nickname?

Yep, that's true. Pity they can't take a page out of Arcanum's (or Fallout's) book as far as the backgrounds went..

That's probably not DnD though, huh? Fairly new to the scene myself.

Hehe.. I had so much fun with my little pyro  :D

Cai sounds like a good nick for him. I'd been pondering 'Cai-lee'.. but it sounded too girly.  ;D
NPC favorites:

Xan
Kivan
Solaufein
Tsujatha

Offline TormentedDragon

• spleling ninja
  • Planewalker
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2006, 08:30:41 PM »
As far as I know, Fallout is not D&D. But, that just means that it uses a different ruleset and possibly setting. Means absolutely nothing regarding characterization.

This particular shortcoming of Baldur's Gate II is one reason I very, very much enjoy NWN. The possibilities for development of the main character become... much greater. Seeing the range of possible choices for the PC within this mod gives me hope. I'll have to tax my imagination a lot less to develop her personality.

Cai-lee sounds like Kylee or Kylie, both of which, to my knowledge are both girl's names. If he must have a nickname, I stick with Cai. Which will be interesting when Yoshimo gets critical hits.

Offline Kismet

• Devil's Minion #5
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Veni; Vidi; Velcro.
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2006, 03:27:04 PM »
As for a nickname, I point you in the direction of the FAQ where we tell you that his name is pronounced KAY-len.  So if you can make a nickname out of that then go for it. :)
Cailean - An archer NPC for the insatiably nosy!  Guaranteed more fun than shampooing cats!

Offline Bex

• black marketeer
  • Planewalker
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2006, 09:28:26 PM »
I knew a girl in high school named Kailin. Guess how that's pronounced.  ;D
Silverjon's Journal: a Baldur's Gate fanfic/semi-AAR, by yours truly

Offline Riviera

• Planewalker
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2006, 01:11:15 AM »
As far as I know, Fallout is not D&D. But, that just means that it uses a different ruleset and possibly setting. Means absolutely nothing regarding characterization.

This particular shortcoming of Baldur's Gate II is one reason I very, very much enjoy NWN. The possibilities for development of the main character become... much greater. Seeing the range of possible choices for the PC within this mod gives me hope. I'll have to tax my imagination a lot less to develop her personality.

That's true. I liked how they gave you a choice of having a particular background, and bonuses and weaknesses based on that. As extra flavor. Like my pyro for instance. Bonuses to use of explosives, ahoy.

I've been looking at NWN.. it looks like it has a lot of possibilities, and with the sequel coming out, the first one should be rather cheap to get.

And indeed, that's one of the reasons I'm looking forward to Cai as well.

Cai-lee sounds like Kylee or Kylie, both of which, to my knowledge are both girl's names. If he must have a nickname, I stick with Cai. Which will be interesting when Yoshimo gets critical hits.

"CAAAAAII!!"

"What?! What!?"

"..."

NPC favorites:

Xan
Kivan
Solaufein
Tsujatha

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: