Author Topic: *spoilers* Sample PC Init Dialog w/ romance conflict  (Read 5400 times)

Offline Kismet

• Devil's Minion #5
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Veni; Vidi; Velcro.
    • Pocket Plane Group
*spoilers* Sample PC Init Dialog w/ romance conflict
« on: March 31, 2004, 09:40:41 PM »
A PC init where s/he catches Cailean rummaging through his pack and can ask about various things in there. This particular one shows Anomen getting a bit jealous.

As always, any comments, critiques, complements or complaints would be appreciated.
--------------------------------------------------------

C: ~(Cailean has a relieved look on his face.) Aha! Found it!~
PC1 ~I didn't know you...~ [GOTO Pipe1_2]

[Pipe1_2]
C: ~Smoked a pipe? A Halfling I adventured with gave me this; Tenderfoot, his name was. Worst thief you ever did see, couldn't pick a lock to save his life, but had a nose for treasure, I must admit.~

PC1: ~There HAS to be a story behind this!~ [GOTO Pipe1_3]
PC2: ~Why did he give it to you?~ [GOTO Pipe1_3]
PC3: ~That name sounds SO familiar...~ [GOTO Pipe1_5]

[Pipe1_3]
C: ~I'm coming to that; first, you probably should know that as much as I love my Aunt Leandra, I feel compelled to admit that she tended to make some odd choices for traveling companions. In her eyes, everyone deserved a chance, no matter how stupid or inept. All they had to do was go to her and say that their lifelong dream was to become an adventurer and they were in. Sometimes, the person was merely young and green like I was but every now and then...~

C: ~Apparently, she had come across Tenderfoot in some backwater and he talked her into letting him join. In addition to his exceptional lock-picking and trap-detecting abilities, he also knew where there was some incredible treasure. All he needed were some trusty companions and we would all be rich!~

C: ~So, he leads us here and there, all over the highlands of Tethyr, moaning about his feet the whole time, until Aunt Leandra's temper finally broke and she said that unless he led us to something worthwhile, he would be looking for employment elsewhere come morn.~

C: ~That night he wakes me up out of a sound sleep and tells me that we've come upon treasure, he can feel it in his bones. As I was young and up for anything, I decide to follow him. We stumble across the ruins of a deserted temple and see this eerie yellow glow. It's this old trunk and Tenderfoot almost has an heart attack. He digs in his pocket and hands me a pipe, "Here, take this magical pipe but don't tell your Aunt what I've got here. Just tell her I've deserted... thanks for your help, kid. I can take it from here."~

PC1: ~So, what did you tell your Aunt?~ [GOTO Pipe1_4]
PC2: ~That was a long story but I think I'd better stick around to find out what happened.~ [GOTO Pipe1_4]
PC3: ~(yawn) Next time, remind me to request the abridged version. I need to get back to work.~ [GOTO Pipe1_7]

[Pipe1_4]
C: ~I was so fascinated with the pipe--it's always full and lights itself!--that I didn't really care what happened to Tenderfoot and his glowing trunk; he probably still hasn't figured out how to get it open! I told my Aunt that I didn't know what happened to him... when I woke up he was gone. She was mildly irritated but soon got over that by picking up some wild mage that would polymorph into a squirrel each time she sneezed.~

C: (IF Mazzy isn't in party) ~Anyway, I was desperate to find it in my pack. It was jabbing me right between the shoulder blades.~

M: (IF Mazzy is in party) ~You have met a Tenderfoot? One of their kin convinced Pala to purchase a book at an astounding price. He regaled her with a tragic tale of his son being attacked by a marauding band of ice trolls and left for dead. Pala felt pity on him and paid the outrageous sum he requested. When she brought the book home, the ink had disappeared, leaving the pages blank. She cried all night, for she had spent her savings, and in the morning, this Tenderfoot was nowhere to be found.~

M: (IF Mazzy is in party) ~Consider yourself fortunate, Cailean, that your encounter with this rogue was relatively painless.~

C: (IF Mazzy is in party) ~Anyway <CHARNAME>, I was desperate to find it in my pack. It was jabbing me right between the shoulder blades.~

PC1: ~All that just to find out your pipe was poking you in the back? I think I liked it when you were less loquacious.~ [GOTO Pipe1_7]
PC2: ~What an interesting story!~ [GOTO Pipe1_8]
PC3: (IF RA=1) ~(You gently rub the middle of Cailean's back.) We can't have you unfit for duty, can we?~ [GOTO Pipe1_6]

[Pipe1_5]
C: ~The name itself is pretty rare, I've been told. And you would remember a Tenderfoot if you met one because all they do is complain about their feet and how it's a punishment brought down by Arvoreen himself for being a family of cowards. It seems that the family had been notorious for running away in battle, leaving their comrades to fight while they sniffed around for treasure.~

C: ~Like this pipe that was sticking me in the back. I was glad to find it; it's one of the more interesting items I've ever come across: it's never empty and it lights itself! I hardly ever use it but it's a great conversation piece.~

PC1: ~Well, I guess I can get on with my life now.~ [GOTO Pipe1_7]
PC2: ~What an interesting story!~ [GOTO Pipe1_8]
PC3: (IF RA=1) ~(You gently rub the middle of Cailean's back.) We can't have you unfit for duty, can we?~ [GOTO Pipe1_6]

[Pipe1_6]
C: ~Umm... what are you doing? Er, not that I mind... uhhh, not at all. Maybe I should hurt myself more often if this is the treatment I'll get.~

C: (IF Anomen is not in party OR Anomen RA=0/3) [END]

A: (IF Anomen is in party & Anomen RA=1) ~Of course <CHARNAME> is concerned with the well-being of all party members, Archer! There is no need to turn her actions into something sordid!~

C: (IF Anomen is in party & Anomen RA=1) ~Grr! I wasn't--I mean, I was just being appreciative! You don't need to concern yourself with my actions, Anomen.~ [END]

[Pipe1_7]
C: ~Don't blame me! You were the one who asked!~ [END]

[Pipe1_8]
C: ~I think so too.~ [END]
Cailean - An archer NPC for the insatiably nosy!  Guaranteed more fun than shampooing cats!

Offline Bookwyrme

• Planewalker
Re: *spoilers* Sample PC Init Dialog w/ romance conflict
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2004, 03:42:20 PM »
Love the dialog.  I am really looking forward to meeting this guy.

Minor request, though: Please give Anomen some good lines in these conflicts.  The Kelsey/Anomen conflicts were great, yet I couldn't help wishing, at times, that Anomen's creator had been involved in the mod so as to help make the exchanges somewhat more even.

I mean, even if I am romancing Cailean, I'd like it to be because he's the best of the bunch, not the non-loser, if that makes sense.
Stop by my blog over at Bookwyrme's Lair, my collection of reviews, pictures, and general ramblings. I also review comics and books over at FanboyNation.

Offline Kismet

• Devil's Minion #5
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Veni; Vidi; Velcro.
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2004, 04:25:40 PM »

Minor request, though: Please give Anomen some good lines in these conflicts.  The Kelsey/Anomen conflicts were great, yet I couldn't help wishing, at times, that Anomen's creator had been involved in the mod so as to help make the exchanges somewhat more even.

I mean, even if I am romancing Cailean, I'd like it to be because he's the best of the bunch, not the non-loser, if that makes sense.

We'll try our best to not turn Anomen into Cailean's whipping boy. :)   However, during the PC init lovetalks it's difficult to *not* make Anomen look like a jerk, though, since Cailean really isn't doing anything that would cause a man to be jealous. 
Cailean - An archer NPC for the insatiably nosy!  Guaranteed more fun than shampooing cats!

discharger12

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2004, 05:32:13 PM »
Will there be any Kelsey/Cailean banters?

Offline Kismet

• Devil's Minion #5
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Veni; Vidi; Velcro.
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2004, 06:13:59 PM »

I'm sure once we get closer to being done we'll pin Jason down and make him write some Kelsey stuff for us. :)

discharger12

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2004, 06:41:30 PM »

I'm sure once we get closer to being done we'll pin Jason down and make him write some Kelsey stuff for us. :)

It's good to know that Kelsey will be aware of you cheating on him with Cailean.  ;D

Offline irenicus

• irenicus
  • Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2004, 02:37:04 PM »
jason rules thats all i gotta say ::)

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: