Author Topic: Tree of Life bug! Please Help.  (Read 1963 times)

Ancient Slayer

Tree of Life bug! Please Help.
« on: June 29, 2004, 09:52:55 AM »
I'm having a strange bug at the point where when you enter the Stairs (After the Statues) to fight Irenicus at the tree of life.
What's happening is that instead of his regular Dialogue Kelsey is talking about the "Bhaal Dream" (The one you get after sleeping the first time after spellhold").
The game goes on after this point & I can enter the stairs & continue but the main concern is that the romance might not continue into TOB.
I've tried an earlier save after clearing the cache & using the "K" key thing to no avail.

I'm Patched.
Mods I currently have
Kelsey & Kelsey TOB (of course)
Ease of Use
Item Upgrade
Tactics (Not all components)
Ascension
IWD2 Items (WeiDU)

Is there any fix or variables I can check.
Thanks in Advance!

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
Re: Tree of Life bug! Please Help.
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2004, 11:28:35 AM »
I'm having a strange bug at the point where when you enter the Stairs (After the Statues) to fight Irenicus at the tree of life.
What's happening is that instead of his regular Dialogue Kelsey is talking about the "Bhaal Dream" (The one you get after sleeping the first time after spellhold").

So you get the dialogue about the stairs, but the line Kelsey speaks is about the dream? No, that's not something the K key would fix...

The game goes on after this point & I can enter the stairs & continue but the main concern is that the romance might not continue into TOB.

The good news is that the tree talk doesn't actually affect the romance.

Is there any fix or variables I can check.
Thanks in Advance!

Well, you can check J#KelseyRomanceActive GLOBAL, if it's 2, you're fine.

But the problem is that it sounds like your mod lines may have been overwritten at some point, perhaps by installing a dialog.tlk overwrite (like the Bioware patch) out of order. Hopefully when you get to TOB it'll be pretty apparent pretty quickly if Kelsey's lines are munged there as well, and if so, you may be looking at a reinstall.

You could try reinstalling Kelsey-SOA now to try to correct the problem as well.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Ancient Slayer

Re: Tree of Life bug! Please Help.
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2004, 11:34:51 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply  :).
Will check the variable & let you know.
Also as soon as I get home I'll reinstall Kelsey SOA & see if it fixes it (I'll keep the save before entering).
Thanks again.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: