Author Topic: Regullus's Research: #40126-52375  (Read 15184 times)

Offline Regullus

  • Planewalker
  • *****
  • Posts: 526
  • Gender: Female
Regullus's Research: #40126-52375
« on: June 27, 2004, 05:53:24 PM »
I am going to try and divvy this up into sections, ie, weapons and items, HD quest, etc.

Offline Regullus

  • Planewalker
  • *****
  • Posts: 526
  • Gender: Female
Re: Regullus's Research: #40126-52375
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2004, 06:11:00 PM »
Weapons and Items:

@40506 = ~This is a dark and delicately-crafted meerschaum pipe used for smoking particular roots and odorous plants.  It appears to have been carved from felsul root, itself, and smells faintly of brimstone and cinnamon.~

@40513 = ~This is a long staff made of thick, sturdy oak.  It is crawling with a strange, black radiance and feels quite warm and tingly to the touch.  Small runes of arcane origin have been carved in various places at both ends.
STATISTICS:

Damage:  1D6
Damage type:  crushing
Weight: 4
Speed Factor: 4
Proficiency Type: Staff
Type:  2-handed?

@40659 = ~A red orb which, although seemingly powerful, seems to do nothing.~

@40543 = ~The head of Ti'Vael.~

@40616 = ~This is Cotirso's head.~




« Last Edit: June 27, 2004, 06:31:44 PM by Regullus »

Offline Regullus

  • Planewalker
  • *****
  • Posts: 526
  • Gender: Female
Re: Regullus's Research: #40126-52375
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2004, 06:12:41 PM »
Haer Dalis Quest:

@40453 = ~This scroll contains a brief confession written by Quataris. You can use this confession to have Haer'Dalis cleared. The scroll reads like this:


"I, Quataris, do hearby swear that I have, with Malice and Forethought, framed one Haer'Dalis for the Theft of a certain Bust of Sune. I obtained the services of one Janos to steal the Bust for me. In doing so, he took the Appearance of Haer'Dalis and, without my knowledge or consent, most foully Murdered the Owner of the Bust, the gentleman Acton Balthis. I swear the Events within this Letter to be True and Clear."

The scroll is signed in the cramped quill-work of Quataris.~
@40458 = ~A small but exquisite bust depicting the goddess, Sune. It was found in the possession of a shady art dealer called Quataris.~



« Last Edit: June 27, 2004, 07:32:33 PM by Regullus »

Offline Regullus

  • Planewalker
  • *****
  • Posts: 526
  • Gender: Female
Re: Regullus's Research: #40126-52375
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2004, 06:15:58 PM »
Odd One-Liners:

@40132 = ~Shambling Mound~

@40136 = ~Bandon~

@40291 = ~Kamikaze Explosion~

@40956 = ~Spell Absorbed by Harper Pin~

@41002 = ~Change Chicken~

@43019 = ~Ferg Patoo~

@43020 = ~Ferg Patoo~

@43023 = ~Helpful Man~

@43024 = ~Helpful Man~

@43025 = ~Standing Man~

@43027 = ~Runner~

@43028 = ~Runner~

New Additions:

@45779 = ~Fucknut Rodriguez~
@45812 = ~Zallanora~
@45813 = ~Zallanora~
@45814 = ~Khollynnus Paac~
@45815 = ~Khollynnus Paac~
@45816 = ~Priest of Mask~
@45817 = ~Priest of Mask~
@43973 = ~Eric Vanstraaten~
@43974 = ~Eric Vanstraaten~
@43975 = ~Kalden~
@43976 = ~Kalden~
@43977 = ~Nerit~
@43978 = ~Nerit~
@43979 = ~Levin Rayn~
@43980 = ~Levin Rayn~
@43981 = ~Branet Al-Thon~
@43982 = ~Branet Al-Thon~
@43983 = ~William Reirrac~
@43984 = ~William Reirrac~
@43985 = ~~
@43986 = ~Yeanasha~
@43987 = ~Yeanasha~
@43988 = ~Alyra~
@43989 = ~Alyra~
@43990 = ~Kachiko~
@43991 = ~Kachiko~
@43992 = ~Natas~
@@43994 = ~Gofus~
@43995 = ~Gofus~
43993 = ~Natas
« Last Edit: July 08, 2004, 08:15:03 AM by Regullus »

Offline Regullus

  • Planewalker
  • *****
  • Posts: 526
  • Gender: Female
Re: Regullus's Research: #40126-52375
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2004, 06:21:19 PM »
Parts of Known Quests but Dialogue Seems Unfamiliar:The Roenalls

@40135 = ~Your struggle to find and kill Lord Roenall takes too long, and almost belatedly you realize that your forces about you have become thinner and are falling back, despite themselves.

Other portions of Lord Roenall's army have already begun to surmount the walls of the keep, and within moments the sounds of struggle can be heard from within.

Your forces buckle under the strain of the renewed Roenall assault, and finally break.  Panic sets in, and even though you valiantly try to issue orders and gather your troops, it is too late to stop a full rout.  Within a short time, Lord Roenall himself has surrounded what few people you have left and is rather smug as he takes you captive.
 
You have lost the day.~

@40689 = ~This keep is not your property!  The Amn Council has taken it over and will assign it to the proper nobility.  You are unwelcome here... begone at once!~

@42680 = ~The Roenalls have been waiting like vultures over a carcass. I wouldn't be surprised if they have their wagons loaded and ready to move in.~



Offline Regullus

  • Planewalker
  • *****
  • Posts: 526
  • Gender: Female
Re: Regullus's Research: #40126-52375
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2004, 06:29:17 PM »
Odd Dialogues:

@40827 = ~Cowards. I have found others that appreciate me now.~

@40895 = ~Hmm... I was approached by a Lord Jierdan Firkraag.  He seemed to suggest that I would need his approval if I was to make it through here. ~

@40906 = ~Historically speaking, yes. I am an academic, not some cutsie well-bosomed relic hunter.You may be able to help me. Care to talk about a partnership of sorts?~  (Maybe a Samia exchange?)

@40927 = ~But I cannot pass beyond this area. I have the key, but something prevents my entry. Perhaps the magic was attuned to stop those of a certain heritage.~ (Samia exchange?)

@40935 = ~Please! I've had enough of your unbathed posturing for one lifetime. Leave me be!~

@40955 = ~Oh no, you'll not threaten me. Think you'll get me to do the work and then take what I earn? No <SIRMAAM>. I won't fall for my own plan. ~

@41008 = ~I must thank you for the timely rescue. I was worried my life was at in its last moments. Please, let me pay you something that I might show my gratitude.~

@41009 = ~I think I'll be taking everything you have, actually. Hand it all over.~

@41010 = ~No, I refuse to accept anything. I was only helping as any decent person would.~

@41011 = ~You are too kind. I thank you for anything you can spare.~

@41012 = ~What! You are no more a hero than those balsted monsters! What has become of this land!~

@41013 = ~You are far too noble, but if that is your wish, so be it. I thank you, and will speak well of you in my travels.~

@41014 = ~It is my pleasure. I am only too happy to trade my life for a few paltry coins or trinkets. Safe travels to you, I cannot thank you enough.~

@41241 = ~Be quiet, fool! We... we don't want to alarm this... wait a minute. ~

@42189 = ~Let us depart then, my new companion. I've an itch to pepper a few hobgoblins with crossbow bolts.~

@42244 = ~Magic abominations! I recognize your forms and smell your treachery! I will kill you and remove your taint, and use your corpses as evidence to banish the Cowled Wizards!~
@42247 = ~What do you want from me? Why do you hate mages?~
@42248 = ~Your vile tongue can spew what it likes, I am deaf to those such as you. Vile Abominations! Fall!~
(Valygary reaction if pc is evil?)

@43204 = ~Fine, cast me aside just because my player took a hike. Nice, real nice. Probably stripped me naked too.~

@43207 = ~Fine, you just leave me here. I'll find someone else to do some serious gaming. Wouldn't that just cheese you right off if I finished the game for you, eh?~

@43209 = ~Is this the end for me? I suppose it was inevitable. Very well. No tears, no regrets. Now get outta here, ya big lug.~

@43522 = ~Would you do a little dance for me, mortal?  I do so love to watch your forms writhe!  It does so remind me of the janni of home!~ (Dao jinnis in Trademeet but...?)

@43632 = ~This extravagant statue depicts King Esmel, the Shoonite general who unified the emirates to form the country that is now known as Amn.~

New Additions:

@44498 = ~There is a sense of holiness about the altar.~
@44499 = ~You feel the statue's eyes upon you as if it was a living thing.~
@44502 = ~This small altar is bowl-shaped and sits atop a small pillar.  It glows with a warm light that reminds you of the sun, driving away the cool drafts that intrude elsewhere in this dark underground land.~
@44503 = ~~
@44504 = ~This temple appears neglected and dusty, its beauty a forgotten memory.~
@44673 = ~A lowlife knobgoblin that deserves only death!~
@44918 = ~Dark cave~
@44989 = ~This mass of black evil seems weakened and looks ready to dissipate.~
@45003 = ~A ship was recently attached to this platform and made a hasty getaway into the cavern's depths.~
@45020 = ~This solemn monument has been erected to appease the Lord of the Dead... the god Kelemvor.~
@45021 = ~This pyramid-like structure is rather majestic... but also appears long-neglected.~
@45060 = ~This is the first King of Amn, Esmel Torlath, who established the country after the break-up of the Shoon Empire almost a thousand years ago.  The throne below the statue is long-unoccupied.~
@45067 = ~This statue commemorates the surrender of Ulatos, the native Maztican city in New Amn.~
@45909 = ~You may only have one explorer active at a time.~
@46105 = ~Ye've seen your last tea biscuit, dancy-boy.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2004, 08:19:24 AM by Regullus »

Offline Regullus

  • Planewalker
  • *****
  • Posts: 526
  • Gender: Female
Re: Regullus's Research: #40126-52375
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2004, 07:27:00 PM »
Shadow Thieves in Trademeet:

@43558 = ~My name is Itona, and I represent the Shadow Thieves here in this town.  You are familiar with us, yes?  I, for one, am quite familiar with you and your activities throughout Amn so far.~
@43559 = ~I approach you now only because we both need the other's help.  Might you be interested in hearing me out, or shall I go back whence I came?~
@43560 = ~I'll hear you out.  What would I need your help for?~
@43561 = ~I have had poor dealings with the Shadow Thieves in the past... speak your piece and speak it quickly.~
@43562 = ~I'll have nothing to do with you!  Begone!~
@43563 = ~You have talked to the Dao genies outside of the gates, yes?  And you have agreed to find the rakshasa that they hunt for?~
@43564 = ~No need to deny it, we already know this to be the case.  The genies seem remarkably unconcerned about us mere mortals spying on them.  But that is neither here nor there.~
@43565 = ~The point is, we believe we know where the rakshasa is hiding.  And you may be the only one who can defeat her, we believe... if you intend to do so, we will tell you where she is.~
@43566 = ~How much is it going to cost me?~
@43567 = ~Why would you do this?~
@43569 = ~I don't trust you... forget it.~
@43570 = ~Very well.  Tell me.~
@43571 = ~As you wish.  You have agreed to find the rakshasa for the Dao's Khan, correct?  We know this to be true, so do not deny it.~
@43572 = ~Then you are more of a fool then I had believed.  Hunt on your own, then, if that is what you wish to do.~
@43573 = ~It won't cost you a copper.  Consider this free advice, if you will, in return for a service done for both our benefits.~
@43574 = ~Why would you do this?~
@43575 = ~Free advice from the Shadow Thieves?  No thanks... I'm not that stupid.~
@43576 = ~Alright, I'll take it for what it's worth.  Tell me.~
@43577 = ~It's very simple.  The genies have all of the wealth in Trademeet, currently, and we certainly cannot steal it from them.  We want the genies gone, so that the wealth is once again... distributed evenly.~
@43578 = ~You understand, yes?  Everyone benefits this way... and we see no one else who can fight rakshasas in Trademeet at the moment.  So that makes you the beneficiary of our largesse.~
@43579 = ~Alright... so how much is this going to cost me?~
@43580 = ~Largesse?  I don't trust that... forget it.~
@43581 = ~Fair enough.  Tell me, then.~
@43582 = ~Excellent.  There is an old woman by the name of Adratha who lives in the woods near the druid's grove.  The woman has been there for some time, selling potions and phials and such to the locals.  Harmless.~
@43584 = ~Lately, however, many of the people who have gone to see this woman have disappeared utterly.  And we have also spotted two men who are with the woman now who were not there previously.~
@43585 = ~Some of the locals who have returned say that the woman claims these are her grandsons... but we have it on record that Adratha had no relatives, and said so often.~
@43586 = ~The rakshasa eat the flesh of humans and are masterful shapeshifters.  We believe that they have replaced the potion-seller, and are luring locals to their lair to consume.~
@43587 = ~Go to the witch's house then... on the way to the druid's grove but northeast, instead... and you shall find the genies' rakshasas.~
@43588 = ~And there you have it.  Do this and the Shadow Thieves will be pleased enough.~
@43621 = ~Maybe things will start looking up for us, now.  If only there weren't those thieves around here... seeing them in Trademeet just churns my stomach.~



Offline Barren

  • An almighty modder's sidekick!
  • Planewalker
  • *****
  • Posts: 381
    • Visit Ashford City!
Re: Regullus's Research: #40126-52375
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2004, 08:12:49 PM »
Quote
@40513 = ~This is a long staff made of thick, sturdy oak.  It is crawling with a strange, black radiance and feels quite warm and tingly to the touch.  Small runes of arcane origin have been carved in various places at both ends.
STATISTICS:

Damage:  1D6
Damage type:  crushing
Weight: 4
Speed Factor: 4
Proficiency Type: Staff
Type:  2-handed?

Could this be the unidentified description for a magica staff of some sort?

Quote
@40659 = ~A red orb which, although seemingly powerful, seems to do nothing.~

Isn't it the one from WK?


Quote
@40616 = ~This is Cotirso's head.~

Part of the cleric stronghold quest.

Quote
@40132 = ~Shambling Mound~

Summonned by Nyalee.

Quote
@40136 = ~Bandon~

The black lotus salesman.

Quote
@40291 = ~Kamikaze Explosion~

Spell used by the Kamikaze Kobolds.

Quote
@40956 = ~Spell Absorbed by Harper Pin~

Item found at the end of Jaheira's quest, absorbs Magic Missiles.

Quote
@41002 = ~Change Chicken~

Leftover from BG1.

Quote
@43023 = ~Helpful Man~

@43024 = ~Helpful Man~

A guy who tells you about a lot of stuff in Athkatla.

Quote
@40135 = ~Your struggle to find and kill Lord Roenall takes too long, and almost belatedly you realize that your forces about you have become thinner and are falling back, despite themselves.

Other portions of Lord Roenall's army have already begun to surmount the walls of the keep, and within moments the sounds of struggle can be heard from within.

Your forces buckle under the strain of the renewed Roenall assault, and finally break.  Panic sets in, and even though you valiantly try to issue orders and gather your troops, it is too late to stop a full rout.  Within a short time, Lord Roenall himself has surrounded what few people you have left and is rather smug as he takes you captive.
 
You have lost the day.~

Heh, I guess there's a way to lose this battle after all...

Quote
@40955 = ~Oh no, you'll not threaten me. Think you'll get me to do the work and then take what I earn? No <SIRMAAM>. I won't fall for my own plan. ~

From Samia's dialog too.

Quote
@42244 = ~Magic abominations! I recognize your forms and smell your treachery! I will kill you and remove your taint, and use your corpses as evidence to banish the Cowled Wizards!~
@42247 = ~What do you want from me? Why do you hate mages?~
@42248 = ~Your vile tongue can spew what it likes, I am deaf to those such as you. Vile Abominations! Fall!~
(Valygary reaction if pc is evil?)

Actually, I couldn't find that in his dialog so far...

Shadow Thieves in Trademeet:

@43558 = ~My name is Itona, and I represent the Shadow Thieves here in this town.  You are familiar with us, yes?  I, for one, am quite familiar with you and your activities throughout Amn so far.~
@43559 = ~I approach you now only because we both need the other's help.  Might you be interested in hearing me out, or shall I go back whence I came?~
@43560 = ~I'll hear you out.  What would I need your help for?~
@43561 = ~I have had poor dealings with the Shadow Thieves in the past... speak your piece and speak it quickly.~
@43562 = ~I'll have nothing to do with you!  Begone!~
@43563 = ~You have talked to the Dao genies outside of the gates, yes?  And you have agreed to find the rakshasa that they hunt for?~
@43564 = ~No need to deny it, we already know this to be the case.  The genies seem remarkably unconcerned about us mere mortals spying on them.  But that is neither here nor there.~
@43565 = ~The point is, we believe we know where the rakshasa is hiding.  And you may be the only one who can defeat her, we believe... if you intend to do so, we will tell you where she is.~
@43566 = ~How much is it going to cost me?~
@43567 = ~Why would you do this?~
@43569 = ~I don't trust you... forget it.~
@43570 = ~Very well.  Tell me.~
@43571 = ~As you wish.  You have agreed to find the rakshasa for the Dao's Khan, correct?  We know this to be true, so do not deny it.~
@43572 = ~Then you are more of a fool then I had believed.  Hunt on your own, then, if that is what you wish to do.~
@43573 = ~It won't cost you a copper.  Consider this free advice, if you will, in return for a service done for both our benefits.~
@43574 = ~Why would you do this?~
@43575 = ~Free advice from the Shadow Thieves?  No thanks... I'm not that stupid.~
@43576 = ~Alright, I'll take it for what it's worth.  Tell me.~
@43577 = ~It's very simple.  The genies have all of the wealth in Trademeet, currently, and we certainly cannot steal it from them.  We want the genies gone, so that the wealth is once again... distributed evenly.~
@43578 = ~You understand, yes?  Everyone benefits this way... and we see no one else who can fight rakshasas in Trademeet at the moment.  So that makes you the beneficiary of our largesse.~
@43579 = ~Alright... so how much is this going to cost me?~
@43580 = ~Largesse?  I don't trust that... forget it.~
@43581 = ~Fair enough.  Tell me, then.~
@43582 = ~Excellent.  There is an old woman by the name of Adratha who lives in the woods near the druid's grove.  The woman has been there for some time, selling potions and phials and such to the locals.  Harmless.~
@43584 = ~Lately, however, many of the people who have gone to see this woman have disappeared utterly.  And we have also spotted two men who are with the woman now who were not there previously.~
@43585 = ~Some of the locals who have returned say that the woman claims these are her grandsons... but we have it on record that Adratha had no relatives, and said so often.~
@43586 = ~The rakshasa eat the flesh of humans and are masterful shapeshifters.  We believe that they have replaced the potion-seller, and are luring locals to their lair to consume.~
@43587 = ~Go to the witch's house then... on the way to the druid's grove but northeast, instead... and you shall find the genies' rakshasas.~
@43588 = ~And there you have it.  Do this and the Shadow Thieves will be pleased enough.~
@43621 = ~Maybe things will start looking up for us, now.  If only there weren't those thieves around here... seeing them in Trademeet just churns my stomach.~




This is in the game, or so I heard.
Black Lotus:

@42966 = ~Might I ask what you are doing with 'black lotus'? I couldn't help but overhear.~





So is this.
Quote from: talia brie
Otherwise visit the Ashford City forum and ask the mods, because Barren knows all. Barren is good. Barren is wise.

Offline Regullus

  • Planewalker
  • *****
  • Posts: 526
  • Gender: Female
Re: Regullus's Research: #40126-52375
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2004, 09:03:48 PM »
  I would probably save everyone alot of time if I had an answer to this question, how sequential is this dialogue section? To me it seemed very early in the game, and I am surprised to find WK's, the end of Jaheira's quest, and something else in this section. I wondered about the Harper's pin and the red orb but I thought it would not have later elements of the game in this sections.

Quote
@40513 = ~This is a long staff made of thick, sturdy oak.  It is crawling with a strange, black radiance and feels quite warm and tingly to the touch.  Small runes of arcane origin have been carved in various places at both ends.
STATISTICS:

Damage:  1D6
Damage type:  crushing
Weight: 4
Speed Factor: 4
Proficiency Type: Staff
Type:  2-handed?

Could this be the unidentified description for a magica staff of some sort? I looked this weapon up in Dan Simpson's item faq and I did not find a matching description. Possibly Kobold shaman staff from Copper Coronet basement.

Quote
@40659 = ~A red orb which, although seemingly powerful, seems to do nothing.~

Isn't it the one from WK? If sequence has no meaning than more than likely.


Quote
@40616 = ~This is Cotirso's head.~

Part of the cleric stronghold quest. Could not remember.
Quote
@40132 = ~Shambling Mound~

Summonned by Nyalee. Again did not realize section would cover elements so far along in the game.

Quote
@40136 = ~Bandon~

The black lotus salesman. Never met him.

Quote
@40291 = ~Kamikaze Explosion~

Spell used by the Kamikaze Kobolds.

Quote
@40956 = ~Spell Absorbed by Harper Pin~

Item found at the end of Jaheira's quest, absorbs Magic Missiles.

Quote
@41002 = ~Change Chicken~

Leftover from BG1.

Quote
@43023 = ~Helpful Man~

@43024 = ~Helpful Man~

A guy who tells you about a lot of stuff in Athkatla.

Quote
@40135 = ~Your struggle to find and kill Lord Roenall takes too long, and almost belatedly you realize that your forces about you have become thinner and are falling back, despite themselves.

Other portions of Lord Roenall's army have already begun to surmount the walls of the keep, and within moments the sounds of struggle can be heard from within.

Your forces buckle under the strain of the renewed Roenall assault, and finally break.  Panic sets in, and even though you valiantly try to issue orders and gather your troops, it is too late to stop a full rout.  Within a short time, Lord Roenall himself has surrounded what few people you have left and is rather smug as he takes you captive.
 
You have lost the day.~

Heh, I guess there's a way to lose this battle after all... Who knew?

Quote
@40955 = ~Oh no, you'll not threaten me. Think you'll get me to do the work and then take what I earn? No <SIRMAAM>. I won't fall for my own plan. ~

From Samia's dialog too. Wondered :)

Quote
@42244 = ~Magic abominations! I recognize your forms and smell your treachery! I will kill you and remove your taint, and use your corpses as evidence to banish the Cowled Wizards!~
@42247 = ~What do you want from me? Why do you hate mages?~
@42248 = ~Your vile tongue can spew what it likes, I am deaf to those such as you. Vile Abominations! Fall!~
(Valygary reaction if pc is evil?)

Actually, I couldn't find that in his dialog so far...

Shadow Thieves in Trademeet:

@43558 = ~My name is Itona, and I represent the Shadow Thieves here in this town.  You are familiar with us, yes?  I, for one, am quite familiar with you and your activities throughout Amn so far.~
@43559 = ~I approach you now only because we both need the other's help.  Might you be interested in hearing me out, or shall I go back whence I came?~
@43560 = ~I'll hear you out.  What would I need your help for?~
@43561 = ~I have had poor dealings with the Shadow Thieves in the past... speak your piece and speak it quickly.~
@43562 = ~I'll have nothing to do with you!  Begone!~
@43563 = ~You have talked to the Dao genies outside of the gates, yes?  And you have agreed to find the rakshasa that they hunt for?~
@43564 = ~No need to deny it, we already know this to be the case.  The genies seem remarkably unconcerned about us mere mortals spying on them.  But that is neither here nor there.~
@43565 = ~The point is, we believe we know where the rakshasa is hiding.  And you may be the only one who can defeat her, we believe... if you intend to do so, we will tell you where she is.~
@43566 = ~How much is it going to cost me?~
@43567 = ~Why would you do this?~
@43569 = ~I don't trust you... forget it.~
@43570 = ~Very well.  Tell me.~
@43571 = ~As you wish.  You have agreed to find the rakshasa for the Dao's Khan, correct?  We know this to be true, so do not deny it.~
@43572 = ~Then you are more of a fool then I had believed.  Hunt on your own, then, if that is what you wish to do.~
@43573 = ~It won't cost you a copper.  Consider this free advice, if you will, in return for a service done for both our benefits.~
@43574 = ~Why would you do this?~
@43575 = ~Free advice from the Shadow Thieves?  No thanks... I'm not that stupid.~
@43576 = ~Alright, I'll take it for what it's worth.  Tell me.~
@43577 = ~It's very simple.  The genies have all of the wealth in Trademeet, currently, and we certainly cannot steal it from them.  We want the genies gone, so that the wealth is once again... distributed evenly.~
@43578 = ~You understand, yes?  Everyone benefits this way... and we see no one else who can fight rakshasas in Trademeet at the moment.  So that makes you the beneficiary of our largesse.~
@43579 = ~Alright... so how much is this going to cost me?~
@43580 = ~Largesse?  I don't trust that... forget it.~
@43581 = ~Fair enough.  Tell me, then.~
@43582 = ~Excellent.  There is an old woman by the name of Adratha who lives in the woods near the druid's grove.  The woman has been there for some time, selling potions and phials and such to the locals.  Harmless.~
@43584 = ~Lately, however, many of the people who have gone to see this woman have disappeared utterly.  And we have also spotted two men who are with the woman now who were not there previously.~
@43585 = ~Some of the locals who have returned say that the woman claims these are her grandsons... but we have it on record that Adratha had no relatives, and said so often.~
@43586 = ~The rakshasa eat the flesh of humans and are masterful shapeshifters.  We believe that they have replaced the potion-seller, and are luring locals to their lair to consume.~
@43587 = ~Go to the witch's house then... on the way to the druid's grove but northeast, instead... and you shall find the genies' rakshasas.~
@43588 = ~And there you have it.  Do this and the Shadow Thieves will be pleased enough.~
@43621 = ~Maybe things will start looking up for us, now.  If only there weren't those thieves around here... seeing them in Trademeet just churns my stomach.~




This is in the game, or so I heard. Never encountered them in Trademeet.
Black Lotus:

@42966 = ~Might I ask what you are doing with 'black lotus'? I couldn't help but overhear.~





So is this. I stay on the sober path. Never met any drug dealer in SoA.


  I will try to be more selective in next posting. ;)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2004, 09:28:18 PM by Regullus »

Offline icelus

  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • *****
  • Posts: 3173
  • Gender: Male
Re: Regullus's Research: #40126-52375
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2004, 09:09:11 PM »
Honestly, there isn't a lot of rhyme or reason to the order of the dialog.tlk file.  For instance, much of the dialog about the Planar Prison is very early in the dialog.tlk, earlier than much of the Ch 1/Ch 2 stuff.  Go figure.  Bioware at their best.  ;)
<Moongaze> Luckily BWL has a very understanding and friendly admin.

Offline Bibbi

  • Planewalker
  • *****
  • Posts: 34
Re: Regullus's Research: #40126-52375
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2004, 10:26:18 PM »
Weapons and Items:

@40506 = ~This is a dark and delicately-crafted meerschaum pipe used for smoking particular roots and odorous plants.  It appears to have been carved from felsul root, itself, and smells faintly of brimstone and cinnamon.~

@40513 = ~This is a long staff made of thick, sturdy oak.  It is crawling with a strange, black radiance and feels quite warm and tingly to the touch.  Small runes of arcane origin have been carved in various places at both ends.
STATISTICS:

Damage:  1D6
Damage type:  crushing
Weight: 4
Speed Factor: 4
Proficiency Type: Staff
Type:  2-handed?

these are items in the imp's game in sahuagin city, no? elminster's pipe and khelben's staf...

Offline MERLANCE

  • Planewalker
  • *****
  • Posts: 91
  • Gender: Male
Re: Regullus's Research: #40126-52375
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2004, 12:29:22 AM »
Quote
Regullus 40126-46250
MERLANCE 46251-52375


You might want to stop at your part, and not redo what ive already done, or do what I am supposed to do.

(see the thread title)

Offline NiGHTMARE

  • Idiot
  • Planewalker
  • *****
  • Posts: 1405
  • Gender: Male
Re: Regullus's Research: #40126-52375
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2004, 03:40:24 AM »
Quote
@42244 = ~Magic abominations! I recognize your forms and smell your treachery! I will kill you and remove your taint, and use your corpses as evidence to banish the Cowled Wizards!~
@42247 = ~What do you want from me? Why do you hate mages?~
@42248 = ~Your vile tongue can spew what it likes, I am deaf to those such as you. Vile Abominations! Fall!~
(Valygary reaction if pc is evil?)

Said by Lord Ketlaar Argrim, the wizard-hater who you have to magically imprison in one of the mage stronghold quests.
The Gibberlings Three - home to the BG1 NPC Project, BG2 Tweak Pack, Divine Remix, GemRB, Lands of Intrigue, Song & Silence, and many more!

Offline Regullus

  • Planewalker
  • *****
  • Posts: 526
  • Gender: Female
Re: Regullus's Research: #40126-46250
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2004, 08:49:12 AM »
Quote
Regullus 40126-46250
MERLANCE 46251-52375


You might want to stop at your part, and not redo what ive already done, or do what I am supposed to do.

(see the thread title)


 I think you could have an excellent point. My stopping at my section would be much quicker. The last number in the title is the last dialog.tlk string that I have. I am glad I put the number in the titlle, and you noticed. ;D 

 Tonight I am going run the NI and see if there is anything unknown. I doubt there will be.

  @Nightmare and Bibbi - It is good that Bibbi has volunteered and Nightmare should voluteer. Better eyes than mine.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2004, 09:03:36 AM by Regullus »

Offline Regullus

  • Planewalker
  • *****
  • Posts: 526
  • Gender: Female
Re: Regullus's Research: #40126-52375
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2004, 08:27:48 AM »
 Known Quests but I don't Remember the dialogue:

@45158 = ~Bodhi has disappointed me by letting you live, but the results are the same in the end. You should have fled when you had the chance to do so.~ [IRENIC53]

@46002 = ~I see you have made yourself at home. I didn't think you would feel out of place here.~ [IRENIC35]

@44493 = ~Imoen is indeed a child of Bhaal. I suspect her innocent charm and humor suppressed the darkness. She showed no symptom because there was no place for shadow in her spirit.~ ? May be in the game but let's face it a pretty weak explanation for the whole Immy is a Bhaalspawn plot.


Offline Regullus

  • Planewalker
  • *****
  • Posts: 526
  • Gender: Female
Re: Regullus's Research: #40126-52375
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2004, 08:30:03 AM »
 I'll go over my section again but I think that may be it. I don't think there is anything much of interest.

Offline Bibbi

  • Planewalker
  • *****
  • Posts: 34
Re: Regullus's Research: #40126-52375
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2004, 08:55:11 AM »
Odd One-Liners:
New Additions:


@45812 = ~Zallanora~
@45813 = ~Zallanora~

I think she's one of the high level cowled wizards who comes once you cast magic without a license

Quote
@43973 = ~Eric Vanstraaten~
@43974 = ~Eric Vanstraaten~

paladin in bhodi's lair in chapter six, no?

Quote
@43983 = ~William Reirrac~
@43984 = ~William Reirrac~

the paladin who gives PC paladin stronghold quests

Quote
@43990 = ~Kachiko~
@43991 = ~Kachiko~

shadow thief in chapter six, I think she's supposed to be turned into a vampire but it's not implemented...

Offline Bibbi

  • Planewalker
  • *****
  • Posts: 34
Re: Regullus's Research: #40126-52375
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2004, 08:59:49 AM »
Odd Dialogues:
@43632 = ~This extravagant statue depicts King Esmel, the Shoonite general who unified the emirates to form the country that is now known as Amn.~

I think this is a description of a statue in the council of six building

Quote
New Additions:

@44498 = ~There is a sense of holiness about the altar.~
@44499 = ~You feel the statue's eyes upon you as if it was a living thing.~
@44502 = ~This small altar is bowl-shaped and sits atop a small pillar.  It glows with a warm light that reminds you of the sun, driving away the cool drafts that intrude elsewhere in this dark underground land.~
@44504 = ~This temple appears neglected and dusty, its beauty a forgotten memory.~

these are all from the unseeing eye quest, the temple of the diseased ones

Quote
@45003 = ~A ship was recently attached to this platform and made a hasty getaway into the cavern's depths.~

skinner murders

Quote
@45020 = ~This solemn monument has been erected to appease the Lord of the Dead... the god Kelemvor.~
@45021 = ~This pyramid-like structure is rather majestic... but also appears long-neglected.~

descriptions of tombs in the graveyard

Quote
@45060 = ~This is the first King of Amn, Esmel Torlath, who established the country after the break-up of the Shoon Empire almost a thousand years ago.  The throne below the statue is long-unoccupied.~
@45067 = ~This statue commemorates the surrender of Ulatos, the native Maztican city in New Amn.~

more statues in the council of six building


Quote
@46105 = ~Ye've seen your last tea biscuit, dancy-boy.[/color]

in brynnlaw, two pirates dueling.  this is the dialogue from one when he wins

Offline SixOfSpades

  • Planewalker
  • *****
  • Posts: 821
  • Gender: Male
    • Volothamp's Comeuppance
Re: Regullus's Research: #40126-52375
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2004, 07:21:34 PM »
Quote
Quote
@40659 = ~A red orb which, although seemingly powerful, seems to do nothing.~
Isn't it the one from WK?
This is the Description of the Orb in the Planar Sphere, which contradicts its appearance, as it is actually green.


Quote
Quote
@41002 = ~Change Chicken~
Leftover from BG1.
The spell used in BG1 is "Antichickenator," so perhaps "Change Chicken" was originally planned for something else--a BG2 quest to turn someone into a chicken, possibly.


Quote
Quote
@43023 = ~Helpful Man~
@43024 = ~Helpful Man~
A guy who tells you about a lot of stuff in Athkatla.
Really? Where the hell is he? I've certainly never seen him. This might have applied to the folks in WK who you can talk to immediately after you escape Jon's Dungeon (and at no other time, since they leave and don't come back), before BioWare gave them all names.


Quote
@42966 = ~Might I ask what you are doing with 'black lotus'? I couldn't help but overhear.~
Talk to the Soldier in the Gity Gates after Bandon leaves, and this is one of your conversation responses.

Offline rreinier

  • Planewalker
  • *****
  • Posts: 297
  • Gender: Male
Re: Regullus's Research: #40126-52375
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2004, 03:13:23 AM »
Known Quests but I don't Remember the dialogue:

@45158 = ~Bodhi has disappointed me by letting you live, but the results are the same in the end. You should have fled when you had the chance to do so.~ [IRENIC53]

@46002 = ~I see you have made yourself at home. I didn't think you would feel out of place here.~ [IRENIC35]

@44493 = ~Imoen is indeed a child of Bhaal. I suspect her innocent charm and humor suppressed the darkness. She showed no symptom because there was no place for shadow in her spirit.~ ? May be in the game but let's face it a pretty weak explanation for the whole Immy is a Bhaalspawn plot.


I think all of them are in the game, though I'm not competely sure about the first one. The other two are definately in, though...

Offline Barren

  • An almighty modder's sidekick!
  • Planewalker
  • *****
  • Posts: 381
    • Visit Ashford City!
Re: Regullus's Research: #40126-52375
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2004, 10:58:53 PM »
Really? Where the hell is he? I've certainly never seen him. This might have applied to the folks in WK who you can talk to immediately after you escape Jon's Dungeon (and at no other time, since they leave and don't come back), before BioWare gave them all names.

vvhelp.cre
I think he does go away after a while (and he might be in the doskc or something after all).
Quote from: talia brie
Otherwise visit the Ashford City forum and ask the mods, because Barren knows all. Barren is good. Barren is wise.

 

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: