Author Topic: False() dialog states to restore  (Read 41073 times)

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
False() dialog states to restore
« on: June 26, 2004, 10:02:58 PM »
Just so all you diligent researchers know, this is *my* research project.  :)

Removing false() trigger or replacing with GLOBAL[/u]
  • C6ARKAN.DLG -- Involves your assisting factions in Bodhi's lair, Ch. 6
  • C6CLER1.DLG -- Involves your assisting factions in Bodhi's lair, Ch. 6
  • C6CLER2.DLG -- Involves your assisting factions in Bodhi's lair, Ch. 6
  • C6CLER3.DLG -- Involves your assisting factions in Bodhi's lair, Ch. 6
  • C6DRIZZ2.DLG -- Involves your assisting factions in Bodhi's lair, Ch. 6
  • C6ERIC.DLG -- Involves your assisting factions in Bodhi's lair, Ch. 6
  • C6GENER.DLG -- Involves dialog with Elf General at Underdark Exit if spoken to by Viconia
  • C6WILL.DLG -- Involves your assisting factions in Bodhi's lair, Ch. 6
  • CEDELICH.DLG -- Possibly associated with Deril the lich
  • DADROW12.DLG -- Involves the ability to sacrifice your purchase monster slave
  • DRENDEN.DLG -- See this thread
  • FIRKRA03.DLG -- See this thread
  • HAERDAJ.DLG -- Causes Haer'Dalis to leave if the Portal Gem is not delivered after a set time
  • HEARTG3.DLG -- Responses by Order paladins depending on your status in the paladin stronghold quest
  • HEARTG4.DLG -- Responses by Order paladins depending on your status in the paladin stronghold quest
  • HEARTG5.DLG -- Responses by Order paladins depending on your status in the paladin stronghold quest
  • HENDAK.DLG -- Allows you to ask Hendak about Imoen
  • IMOENJ.DLG -- Imoen's remark about the lightning machine in the dungeon
  • KAYL2.DLG -- Sir Ryan Trawl directing you to the Prelate instead of William Reirrac
  • PALA.DLG -- Pala's lines after just being cured
  • PELANNA.DLG -- Another option to tell off Pelanna, the thief training mistress
  • PLAYER1.DLG -- Provides another option when faced with the Slayer change
  • PPDEMON.DLG -- An option to lose XP instead of an ability score to the demon in front of Spellhold
  • SHOP02.DLG -- Allows Arnolinus the armorer to become insulted with one of your replies
  • TRFUED01.DLG -- Allows your character to change his mind about taking part in Lady Lurraxol's quest
  • TRFUED05.DLG -- Allows your character to change his mind about taking part in Lord Alibakkar's quest

Fairly complete dialogs missing a .cre file[/u]
  • ELEPRV01.DLG
  • FFACTOR3.DLG
  • JAMERONA.DLG
  • MAGE2.DLG
  • NALFAL.DLG
  • UDVAMP01.DLG

Dialogs restored by UB[/u]
  • AMCARRAS.DLG -- V11
  • ANOMENJ.DLG -- V11
  • ARNBOY01.DLG -- V11
  • BODVAM01.DLG -- V11
  • BODVAM02.DLG -- V11
  • BYOSHIM.DLG -- V11
  • CEDRUID1.DLG -- V11
  • DALESON.DLG -- V14
  • DGDRU01.DLG -- V11
  • GREYHAND.DLG -- V6
  • PPBODHI4.DLG -- V2
  • RUMORP.DLG -- V14
  • SPBENE.DLG -- V1
  • SPHURG.DLG -- V1
  • SPJEAG.DLG -- V1
  • SPPAIN.DLG -- V1
  • SPPHIL.DLG -- V1
  • SPSAMAR.DLG -- V1
  • SPTREDD.DLG -- V1
« Last Edit: April 16, 2005, 10:21:44 AM by icelus »
<Moongaze> Luckily BWL has a very understanding and friendly admin.

Offline Bibbi

• Planewalker
Re: False() dialog states to restore
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2004, 02:05:29 PM »
wow, good stuff.  so for the druid example, you mean jaheira or cernd could become grand druid or any custom made npcs other than player1 could gain it?

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2004, 02:13:11 PM »
I *think* so, though I haven't looked into it too thoroughly.  It may over-complicate things.  DRUIDAD.DLG  is a good place to see what I mean.  There's one other I've run across, though I'm not sure which one, that also involves the scenario--CECHALLE.dlg, I think.

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2005, 05:07:27 PM »
OK, someone refresh my memory if you could...

When you enter Bodhi's lair in Chapter 6, and you see the faction that is there to aid you (Shadow Thieves, clerics, Radiant Heart, Drizzt, etc.), do they say anything to you?  The reason I ask is that all of the .dlg files for the people who meet you down there (c6arkan, c6cler1, c6cler2, c6cler3, c6drizz2, c6eric, c6will) have false()'d states where their greetings should be. 

Here is an example from c6arkan.dlg (Arkanis)

IF WEIGHT #2 /* Triggers after states #: 2 3 even though they appear after this state */
~False()~ THEN BEGIN 0 // from:
  SAY #53486 /* ~The assassins are here to support your battle, <CHARNAME>, as the Shadowmaster has commanded.  We will do what we can.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

EDIT: Drizzt and Eric have their *exit* dialogs false()'d, not their greetings:

IF ~False()~ THEN BEGIN 2 // from:
  SAY #55916 /* ~So it ends. The evil is slain. You have done well, friend. I bid you fair journey!~ [DRIZZT09] */
  IF ~~ THEN DO ~EscapeArea()~ EXIT
END

SAY #55918 /* ~It was a grand battle, friend. I must return to my duties elsewhere. I am proud to have fought this evil with you.~ */
END
« Last Edit: January 07, 2005, 05:15:07 PM by icelus »

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2005, 05:17:21 PM »
I am going to remove cechalle.dlg and druidad.dlg from the list.  They involve other party members being able to challenge for the Druid Grove.  I think that's something that would best be handled by Kish's NPC Stronghold mod, unless anyone disagrees.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2005, 05:53:16 PM by icelus »

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2005, 05:43:16 PM »
dadrow12.dlg is the dialog file for the Overseer Handmaiden in Ust Natha.  The false()'d states are as follows

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 14 // from: 13.0
  SAY #57326 /* ~You still owe me. I demand Compensation. Another plaything, or the sum of 2,000 gold. That, or you die.~ */
  IF ~PartyGoldGT(1999)~ THEN REPLY #57344 /* ~2,000! Very well, but you are an absolute slave driver.~ */ DO ~TakePartyGold(2000)~ GOTO 15
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #57345 /* ~I cannot afford that right now.~ */ DO ~SetGlobal("OverseerMoney","AR2200",0)~ GOTO 18
  IF ~False()~ THEN REPLY #57346 /* ~I have a replacement for your amusement. I purchased it just recently.~ */ GOTO 16
END

I'm guessing that you can "donate" the monster/creature that you can purchase from dadrow16.cre.  The variables involved appear to be:
  • Global("GnollSold","AR2200",1)
  • Global("TrollSold","AR2200",1)
  • Global("SpiritSold","AR2200",1)
  • Global("UmberSold","AR2200",1)

Can anyone think of a reason why this might have been cut, and, if not, have any objections to having it restored?

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2005, 05:47:57 PM »
The false()'d states in daleson.dlg are as follows:

IF WEIGHT #2 ~False()~ THEN BEGIN 34 // from:
  SAY #40182 /* ~Good day to you, my <PRO_LADYLORD>.  You remember your stable boy, Daleson?  Glad t' see you carryin' on after Lord de'Arnise... an' not them Roenall folks.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF WEIGHT #3 ~False()~ THEN BEGIN 35 // from:
  SAY #40183 /* ~Well, my <PRO_LADYLORD>, maybe Nalia made a mistake puttin' you in charge.  Hopefully she changes her mind before you ruin everythin'.  I ain't stayin' though.~ */
END

IF WEIGHT #4 ~False()~ THEN BEGIN 36 // from:
  SAY #40184 /* ~Hullo, Nalia.  Good t' see you're in good health an' all.  You done well for Lord de'Arnise, you have... hopefully this <CHARNAME> rules as good as your father did.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF WEIGHT #5 ~False()~ THEN BEGIN 37 // from:
  SAY #40185 /* ~Nalia... don't you think this has gone on far enough?  <CHARNAME> ain't no <PRO_LADYLORD> t' follow yer father.  Almost rather'd see a Roenall here than that sort.  Think about it, girl.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF WEIGHT #6 ~False()~ THEN BEGIN 38 // from:
  SAY #40186 /* ~Hullo to you, <SIRMAAM>.  Just Daleson, the stableboy, here.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

They seem to be different responses possible after defeating Tor'Gal and possibly taking the Keep as your stronghold.  These could likely easily be restored, but it'd required looking at the various GLOBALs that are set after Tor'Gal's defeat...

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2005, 09:17:03 PM »
This is the contents of the firkra03.dlg file.  It's is used by firkra03.cre, which I can't find used anywhere.  It would seem this has to do with the voice of Firkraag that taunts you in Windspear.

BEGIN ~FIRKRA03~

IF ~NumTimesTalkedTo(0)
!Class(Player1,PALADIN)
~ THEN BEGIN 0 // from:
  SAY #34227 /* ~You walk in my realm now, <CHARNAME>. Come to me, and this will end. Your crime against me will be answered, even in your ignorance. Come, to your death.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~NumTimesTalkedTo(0)
Class(Player1,PALADIN)
~ THEN BEGIN 1 // from:
  SAY #34228 /* ~Come, paladin, and know who has destroyed you, piece by piece. Your crime against me will be answered, even as you are ignorant of the deed. Let us play.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

SAY #34377 /* ~The hero retreats! You are very bad at this game, <CHARNAME>. Cower as you will, I will wait and watch while you live with your cowardice. I have the patience of a thousand years behind!~ */
  IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~False()~ THEN BEGIN 3 // from:
  SAY #34378 /* ~The wise <PRO_MANWOMAN> retreats! Go, hero, and tell people of your failure! Live with it! Hold and caress it, for it is truly yours! I will watch and wait, and welcome you back when you regain your nerve! I am very patient. Very patient.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

Is there a trigger to see if the party is retreating?  I'm not sure all of this could be implemented.

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2005, 09:51:01 PM »
Something else about which I could use some memory refreshing...

After you have the gem you're to take to Raelis, and H'D is in the party, does anyone recall him leaving if you do not deliver the gem after a certain amount of time?

IF ~PartyHasItem("MISC6X")
Global("HaerDalisGemQuest","GLOBAL",4)
GlobalTimerExpired("HaerDalisHaveGem","GLOBAL")
~ THEN BEGIN 24 // from:
  SAY #291 /* ~I beg of you! We must deliver this gem to good Raelis ere she and I are trapped in this foul drama forever! Let us make haste to the Five Flagons!~ [HAERDA85] */
  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("HaerDalisGemQuest","GLOBAL",5)
~ EXIT
END

IF ~False()
//PartyHasItem("MISC6X")
//Global("HaerDalisGemQuest","GLOBAL",4)
//GlobalTimerExpired("HaerDalisLeaveGem","GLOBAL")
~ THEN BEGIN 25 // from:
  SAY #292 /* ~Your folly exceeds my patience and your tedium my intellect. Farewell and good riddance, mice. I shall deliver the jewel myself.~ [HAERDA86] */
  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("HaerDalisGemQuest","GLOBAL",5)
TakePartyItem("MISC6X")
SetGlobal("HaerDalisMove","GLOBAL",1)
ChangeAIScript("",DEFAULT)
LeaveParty()
EscapeAreaMove("AR0510",1430,311,10)
~ EXIT
END

The second state shows him leaving, but I'm guessing the trigger for "HaerDalisGemQuest" should be 5 (and altered to 6), as per the change in the previous state.

Ideas?

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2005, 10:53:34 PM »
imoenj.dlg has one false() state:

IF ~False()~ THEN BEGIN 60 // from:
  SAY #47215 /* ~Something strange up here. Be careful, this place has all manner of dangerous devices in it. I don't know what they do, but I know we would be safer if we shut them off.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN GOTO 61
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 61 // from: 60.0
  SAY #47220 /* ~Do you smell that?  Smells like lightning, but indoors?  That can't be right.  I think I remember. Look to the right... the machine making the storm...~ */
  IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

This could easily be restored by adding a SetGlobal to the script LIGHTPRX.bcs (the info trigger point for the lightning machine in the dungeon) and setting that Global as the trigger for this dialog state.

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2005, 11:07:31 PM »
This was perhaps Jaheira's rejoining dialog if the romance was still active, which I don't see how it could be so.  Probably not something that can be restored, but interesting.  (JAHEIRH9 is a horribly voiced line, IMO).

IF WEIGHT #7 /* Triggers after states #: 66 72 73 even though they appear after this state */
~False()~ THEN BEGIN 17 // from:
  SAY #17715 /* ~I... I had hoped to see you again. I... that is, it is good to see you well. I have heard good things... for the most part at least. Shall we team once more? You and I both have much left to do.~ [JAHEIRH9] */
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #17716 /* ~I am glad to see you, Jaheira. I was hoping that you would... would consider traveling with me again.~ */ GOTO 18
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #17717 /* ~I have need of your skills again, Jaheira. Would you come back to my group?~ */ GOTO 19
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #17718 /* ~It will have to wait, Jaheira, I don't need you in the group just yet.~ */ GOTO 20
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 18 // from: 17.0
  SAY #17735 /* ~I will, but only as a comrade in arms.  Perhaps there was a chance for more, but no longer.  It is for the best; we have friends to avenge.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 19 // from: 17.1
  SAY #17737 /* ~For... yes, for the sake of the group. We have friends to avenge and should get too it. Other... other things will wait. Yes, I will come with you.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 20 // from: 17.2
  SAY #17739 /* ~Yes... yes it is best to move on.  I will be here or near here if you should change your mind, but I think we will always be separate in some measure now.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • Planewalker
    • The Gibberlings Three IE mod community
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2005, 05:32:03 AM »
How would you suggest coding these?

Code: [Select]
COPY_EXISTING ~a.dlg~ ~override/a.dlg~
                        ~b.dlg~ ~override/b.dlg~
                        ~c.dlg~ ~override/c.dlg~
                        ~d.dlg~ ~override/d.dlg~
                        ~e.dlg~ ~override/e.dlg~
DECOMPILE_DLG_TO_D
REPLACE_TEXTUALL ~False()~ ~~
COMPILE_D_TO_DLG

... or something? :)
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2005, 09:38:51 AM »
It depends on the situation.  Look at u!minor.d in the dialogs subfolder for the ones I've changed so far. 

You don't have to worry with them now if you don't want.  I'm just trying to go through the whole list, weeding out the bad ones, and then tackling the restorable ones individually.

Unless you're looking for something to do...  ;)

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2005, 10:03:47 AM »
I'm not terribly excited by the prospect of Firkraag taunting without voice.

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2005, 10:43:44 AM »
I've never played the Paladin stronghold, so I'm not sure what Sir Ryal Trawl (kayl2.dlg) originally referenced in this state.  Why would he send you to the Prelate instead of William?

IF ~False()~ THEN BEGIN 32 // from:
  SAY #36790 /* ~I heard of your service to the cause of goodness, but you will not be taking orders from me on this matter. Go to the Prelate, I will speak of other things later.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~Global("PaladinOrder","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN BEGIN 33 // from:
  SAY #36791 /* ~Welcome to the ranks, <CHARNAME>. I am sure you will serve well. Speak with William Reirrac for your tasks and duties.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~Global("PaladinOrder","GLOBAL",2)~ THEN BEGIN 34 // from:
  SAY #36792 /* ~That you would turn down such a great honor is baffling. Many work for years to be considered.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~Global("PaladinOrder","GLOBAL",3)~ THEN BEGIN 35 // from:
  SAY #36793 /* ~I cannot imagine why you would throw away the honor and respect of your peers. You shall find no sanctuary here.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2005, 10:45:23 AM »
I'm not terribly excited by the prospect of Firkraag taunting without voice.

I'm not, either, to be honest.  I've not looked through the .wav files to see if the lines were voiced, but not referenced in the .dlg.  Otherwise, someone would have to be spot on in trying to mimic the original voice.

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2005, 11:17:14 AM »
mage2.dlg is interesting, involving the quest given to you by Tolgerias.  There is no associated .cre file for the .dlg, but I'd say that it'd be easy to throw in an extra mage in the Government Building, not as a part of the Cowled Wizards.

IF ~False()~ THEN BEGIN 0 // from:
  SAY #19289 /* ~Excuse me, I'm rather busy at the moment.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~False()~ THEN BEGIN 1 // from:
  SAY #19290 /* ~Hmm.  I see you've been speaking to Tolgerias over there.  Tsk tsk.  I wonder what that bastard is up to, now.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #19291 /* ~Well, he hired us to find a man by the name of Valygar Corthala.~ */ GOTO 2
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #19305 /* ~You don't sound like you like Tolgerias very much.~ */ GOTO 3
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #19306 /* ~I doubt he'd want me to say anything about his business.~ */ GOTO 4
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #19307 /* ~Excuse me, I must be going.~ */ GOTO 5
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 2 // from: 1.0
  SAY #19309 /* ~Did he, now?  Find the so-called murderer, is it?  Bah.  The fool should let up on this nonsense.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #19310 /* ~You know something about Valygar?~ */ GOTO 6
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #19311 /* ~You don't sound like you like Tolgerias all that much.~ */ GOTO 3
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #19312 /* ~I should be going.~ */ GOTO 5
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 3 // from: 7.1 6.2 4.0 2.1 1.1
  SAY #19313 /* ~Hmph.  Him and his group of allies are simply obsessed, they are.  They're going to end up endangering the entire guild, I think.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #19315 /* ~Do you know what it is he's so obsessed with?~ */ GOTO 7
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #19316 /* ~I think I should be going.  Excuse me.~ */ GOTO 5
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 4 // from: 1.2
  SAY #19317 /* ~Nay, I suppose not.  The bloody fool has been lurking about the guildhouse, setting up his plans without telling anyone.  Hmph.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #19318 /* ~You don't sound like you like Tolgerias very much.~ */ GOTO 3
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #19319 /* ~What do you know about his plans?~ */ GOTO 6
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #19320 /* ~Excuse me, I think I must leave.~ */ GOTO 5
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 5 // from: 7.2 6.3 4.2 3.1 2.2 1.3
  SAY #19321 /* ~As you wish.  Off you go.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 6 // from: 7.0 4.1 2.0
  SAY #19324 /* ~Not much.  Not except that Tolgerias has been bothering the city's herald fiercely for many days, now, and returns more enraged than before.  He should give up the entire thing, I think.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #19325 /* ~Bothering the herald?  What about?~ */ GOTO 8
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #19326 /* ~What is it, exactly, that he should give up?~ */ GOTO 7
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #19327 /* ~You don't seem to like Tolgerias very much.~ */ GOTO 3
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #19328 /* ~I think I should be going.~ */ GOTO 5
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 7 // from: 6.1 3.0
  SAY #19329 /* ~Well, now, if he didn't tell you, he doesn't want you to know.  Tolgerias' plans are his own, even to those he should be telling, the fool.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #19330 /* ~What do you know of his plans?~ */ GOTO 6
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #19331 /* ~You don't sound like you like Tolgerias much.~ */ GOTO 3
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #19332 /* ~I think I should be going.~ */ GOTO 5
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 8 // from: 6.0
  SAY #19333 /* ~How should I know?  Go talk to the herald, if you wish.  I think his name is Llarsh, or something like it.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN GOTO 9
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 9 // from: 8.0
  SAY #19334 /* ~I have business to take care of.  Excuse me.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2005, 11:46:10 AM »
mgketo01.dlg (Lord Ketlaar) contains some interesting dialogs, including a couple of NPC reactions.  He is normally spawned via script into the Crooked Crane as part of the Mage Stronghold quest.  He could be added sooner, to the second floor, and have the false() triggers replaced with some kind of random/NPC check triggers.  Should probably be thrown in as part of the Restored Crooked Crane component.

SAY #43660 /* ~My family is one of the wealthiest in Athkatla... we have interests in the gold mines up north and the shipwrights here in the city.  So I will thank you not to stand too close~ */
  IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~False()~ THEN BEGIN 3 // from:
  SAY #43661 /* ~I don't suppose you're from one of the mercantile companies, are you?  No... I didn't think so.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~False()~ THEN BEGIN 4 // from:
  SAY #43662 /* ~If you ever travel to Riatavin or Trademeet, my friend, beware of the Copriths.  That family will be the ruin of Amn, I swear by Helm's beard!~ */
  IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~False()~ THEN BEGIN 5 // from:
  SAY #43663 /* ~I'm having a difficulty with the workers at one of our gold mines, and I'm not leaving until I speak to a Councillor about it.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~False()~ THEN BEGIN 6 // from:
  SAY #43664 /* ~Begone, peasant!  I am the lord of one of Amn's great families and I'll not have your rude stench assaulting my nostrils!~ */
  IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~False()~ THEN BEGIN 7 // from:
  SAY #43665 /* ~(sniff)  I didn't realize they let wilderness erudites in here without hosing them down, first.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN EXTERN ~CERNDJ~ 81
END

IF ~False()~ THEN BEGIN 8 // from:
  SAY #43667 /* ~Hmm... hmmn.  Yes, you'll do.  You... the pretty elf, there.  I need a new mistress, and I think you'll do nicely.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN EXTERN ~AERIEJ~ 34
END

Offline NiGHTMARE

• Idiot
  • Planewalker
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2005, 12:02:03 PM »
re: the wizard in the Government building.  Sounds like he's still a Cowled Wizards, but just disagrees with what Tolgerias is up to ;).

re: Ketlaar Argrim. Actually, he's already in the game before that quest.  He's in the Government building, near the magistrate.
The Gibberlings Three - home to the BG1 NPC Project, BG2 Tweak Pack, Divine Remix, GemRB, Lands of Intrigue, Song & Silence, and many more!

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2005, 12:08:22 PM »
nalfal.dlg is another one that'd be simple to restore.  I'm guessing it was a character who was to be placed at the entrance to the Graveyard, from whom you could get directions to the funeral. 

SAY #46252 /* ~Mourners in search of the Lord de'Arnise ceremony? If you are, please enter the door behind me.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN GOTO 1
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 1 // from: 0.0
  SAY #46253 /* ~Lord de'Arnise was quite important, and his service is to be held on the upper partition of the tombs.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2005, 12:11:05 PM »
re: the wizard in the Government building.  Sounds like he's still a Cowled Wizards, but just disagrees with what Tolgerias is up to ;).

re: Ketlaar Argrim. Actually, he's already in the game before that quest.  He's in the Government building, near the magistrate.

Ah, yes.  I should have searched the string references first.  Disregard my previous post on the matter.  :)

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2005, 12:43:07 PM »
pala.dlg (Pala Fentan) has a few lines that could be restored by making a few edits to vara1.dlg and mazzyj.dlg (the SetGlobal would need to be removed, as it's set by an area script, too).  I tried to do a transitive output of mazzyj.dlg so that it'd be easier to read the full scene and how Pala's lines can be inserted, but doing so resulted in an infinite WeiDU loop.  :(

SAY #24474 /* ~Mazzy? I feel so tired. Where am I?~ */
  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("PalaCured","GLOBAL",1)~ EXTERN ~MAZZYJ~ 56
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 1 // from:
  SAY #24475 /* ~What happened to me? The last thing I remember was seeing Danno and drinking something.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN EXTERN ~DANNO1~ 3
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 2 // from:
  SAY #24483 /* ~Yes, I shall sleep.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN EXTERN ~MAZZYJ~ 58
END

Offline SixOfSpades

• Planewalker
    • Volothamp's Comeuppance
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2005, 01:02:43 PM »
I, for one, would like to see some continuity between the two Ketlaar Argrims. For instance, they could both use the same avatar (instead of the Council of Six one being a Nobleman and the Crooked Crane one being a Male Human Fighter), and not have one of him still hanging around in the Government District even after you've whacked his other self. Of course, this can be remedied simply by changing the Council of Six Argrim's name.

Not necessarily a Cowled Wizard, he might simply be a Mage who's paid the bribe.

That dialogue would work well on Argrim only if he had inside knowledge of the Cowls, which doesn't really make sense for a man spearheading the Anti-Cowled Wizards movement.

I've been working on theories that actually tie into this dialogue very closely, although my stuff is hardly UB:
1) Those lines, if spoken by a Mage, would support the idea that the Cowled Wizards are undergoing a schism in dogma (as I discussed in Virtue), with the Neutral Evil types seizing power from the Lawful Neutrals. This sounds very much like a disgruntled Neutral Cowl getting ticked at an Evil one.
2) The Wizard Slayers' Guild was originally founded by the Cowled Wizards, as a means to train Warrior backup to assist them in their trips to neutralize dangerous spellcasters. Now, however, the WSG has set up a secret base of their own, without the Cowls' knowledge, and from here they plot how to destroy the Cowled Wizards and thus make the city truly safe. Now, the anti-Tolgerias knowledge doesn't really have much to do with this idea, at least if it's supposed to be Argrim talking, but then the existence of a secret anti-government agency is hardly the sort of thing you want bandied about.

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2005, 01:04:46 PM »
An interesting slayer-related transition in player1.dlg:

IF WEIGHT #8 ~Global("Slayer10","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN BEGIN 27 // from:
  SAY #55324 /* ~In the depths of your being stirs a familiar evil, reaching out of the darkness. It offers power... for a price. Do you accept and sacrifice part of yourself?~ */
  IF ~False()~ THEN REPLY #55325 /* ~I accept, despite the risks.~ */ DO ~IncrementGlobal("SlayerDeath","GLOBAL",1)
SetGlobal("Slayer10","GLOBAL",2)
SetGlobalTimer("TheSlayerTimer","GLOBAL",60)
ApplySpell(Player1,SLAYER_CHANGE_TWO)
ApplySpell(Player2,DRAIN_PARTY)
ApplySpell(Player3,DRAIN_PARTY)
ApplySpell(Player4,DRAIN_PARTY)
ApplySpell(Player5,DRAIN_PARTY)
ApplySpell(Player6,DRAIN_PARTY)
ForceSpell(Player1,SLAYER_FEAR)~ EXIT
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #55326 /* ~No, it will not have me. I will not give in.~ */ DO ~SetGlobal("Slayer10","GLOBAL",0)~ EXIT
  IF ~True()~ THEN REPLY #61320 /* ~I choose to turn into the slayer.~ */ DO ~IncrementGlobal("SlayerDeath","GLOBAL",1)
SetGlobal("Slayer10","GLOBAL",2)
SetGlobalTimer("TheSlayerTimer","GLOBAL",60)
ReputationInc(-2)
ApplySpell(Player1,SLAYER_CHANGE_TWO)~ EXIT
END

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2005, 01:16:51 PM »
Heh, perhaps this was removed to the chagrin of powergamers.  From ppdemon.dlg (demon to whom you must sacrifice an ability score to enter Spellhold):

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 2 // from: 1.0
  SAY #44795 /* ~Choose what you will sacrifice to know yourself, to walk within. Give of your skill, your health, your mind, your wits, or your youth.~ */
  IF ~False()~ THEN REPLY #44796 /* ~I give of my skill, forgetting some of what I have learned.~ */ DO ~AddXPObject(Player1,-50000)~ GOTO 5
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #44797 /* ~I give of my health, becoming less hardy.~ */ DO ~SetGlobal("Took","AR0028",1)~ GOTO 6
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #44798 /* ~I give of my mind and my capacity to learn.~ */ DO ~SetGlobal("Took","AR0028",2)~ GOTO 7
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #44799 /* ~I give of my wits and the wisdom I have learned.~ */ DO ~SetGlobal("Took","AR0028",3)~ GOTO 8
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #44800 /* ~I give of my youth, sacrificing my agility of movement.~ */ DO ~SetGlobal("Took","AR0028",4)~ GOTO 9
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #44827 /* ~I give nothing!  You ask too much of me!~ */ GOTO 4
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #44828 /* ~I will fight you! Stand aside!~ */ GOTO 3
END

The devs must have figured out that it's much easier to regain experience than it is to regain an ability score.  :)

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: