Author Topic: Archived Posts - Jan's Unfinished Business  (Read 6611 times)

Offline Userunfriendly

• Respendent Beta Tester of Madness!
  • Planewalker
Archived Posts - Jan's Unfinished Business
« on: May 26, 2004, 03:50:30 PM »
It may not reallybe unfinished business, i'm not aware of any ties between these quests...

but yesterday i was brainstorming in the delainey mod, and wrote this...

"Delainy will ask for the Kurtulmak Crystal and then make something special for the mainchar. I don't foresee another magic item. I just haven't decided what the item should be. As with everything else, suggestions are welcome."

its a crystal sacred to gibberlings...

kinda reminds me of uncle gerhart...if the pc has jan in the party, and thus do the lissa quest, he/she is going to be aware that uncle gerhart is quite mad, and raves a lot about gibberlings..so how about delainey can use the crystal to cure uncle gerhart??? she can make a special potion to cure him, jan will express his gratitude, and in return, when you get back to athkatla, he gives you a ring or quick item that can cast mass heal or heal 3 times a day??? he was a pretty famous physician after all, if i recall correctly...

and also, in return, uncle gerhart tells you about what drove him mad originally, he found a nest full of mind flayers in the sewers under the temple district.. this would logically tie in and explain the lair of mindflayers in the temple sewers, as well as providing a bit of back story about that lair...and he'll tell you about the raving insane githyanky who was suppose to hunt them down and kill them, but couldn't open the door into their lair...gerhart last saw him clomping around the sewers dominating orcs and goblins while wearing some grungy cloak it found in the sewers...(this would explain the gith with the cloak of the sewers)

of course many players will have already done this area and already have the hammer of thunderbolts, which you can tell gerhart, and he will be astonished and very impressed...

in another words, not more magic items, but quite simply, a tie in, an explaination for the minflayer lair in the sewers, uncle gerhart and the githyanki down there...   

what do you think?  it ties in uncle gerhart, the gith, and the mindflayer lair under the temple... ;) ;) ;)

EDIT: Changed thread name - icelus
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 05:57:02 PM by icelus »
Jansens aren't as harmless like everybody supposes!
They got them stumpy legs and puffy potato noses!
And what's with all the turnips?
Why do they eat so much root vegetables, anyway?
Jansens, Jansens,
It must be Jansens!!!
(or it could be griffins)

Offline MERLANCE

• Planewalker
Re: Uncle Gerhart
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2004, 06:38:00 PM »
KOBLDS worship Kurtulmak, not gibberlings. That kind of kills your idea before it starts.

I dont think gibberlings are actually intelligent enough to worship anything.

Del

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2004, 09:40:30 AM »
Are you sure it's a gith with the Cloak of the Sewers?  I could have sworn it was a rakshasa.

Offline Grim Squeaker

• Fallen
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2004, 09:43:53 AM »
Are you sure it's a gith with the Cloak of the Sewers?  I could have sworn it was a rakshasa.

Yeah its a Rahshasa who has the Cloak of the Sewers.
"You alone can make my song take flight..."

Offline PsyckoSama

• Planewalker
Lissa and he husband
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2004, 07:10:38 AM »
In the guest to save the daughter of Jan's former love Lissa, Jan hint that he was just waiting for a chance to "deal" with the bastard. He even asks your opinion on matters and for your support.

It sounds to me like that kind of quest was intended, atleast based on the diologue, and it would be a nice thing for we Janson fans... ;)

Offline Barren

• An almighty modder's sidekick!
  • Planewalker
    • Visit Ashford City!
Re: Lissa and he husband
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2004, 09:44:50 AM »
Vaelag (sp?) was probably intended to return in the Minor Villains encounter, which was scrapped pretty early on, around the time where they came up with the whole Spellhold plot.
Quote from: talia brie
Otherwise visit the Ashford City forum and ask the mods, because Barren knows all. Barren is good. Barren is wise.

Offline MERLANCE

• Planewalker
Re: Lissa and he husband
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2004, 06:18:30 PM »
well, there is the matter of Jans epilogue, which as I reall leaves him happily ever after...

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: