Author Topic: Interjection ideas  (Read 21713 times)

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
Interjection ideas
« on: June 21, 2004, 07:40:48 PM »
If anyone, at any point while playing UB, notices a good place for an NPC to interject something during one of the quests, please let me know.  It's something (else) I tend to overlook.  :(
<Moongaze> Luckily BWL has a very understanding and friendly admin.

Offline Barren

• An almighty modder's sidekick!
  • Planewalker
    • Visit Ashford City!
Re: Interjection ideas
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2004, 11:18:31 PM »
Well, about that... Is there any way we could restore the NPC interjections in WK during SOA?
Quote from: talia brie
Otherwise visit the Ashford City forum and ask the mods, because Barren knows all. Barren is good. Barren is wise.

Aristothenes

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2004, 07:11:46 PM »
Hoping for Jaheira to open her mouth against Elhan for when you harbor a drow, saying something along the lines of:
"Well, you harbor the Eldreth Veluuthra, and they have killed many humans"

Aristothenes

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2004, 07:19:07 PM »
Further reading up: "Elves think of Eldreth Veluuthra as an embarrassment and don't acknowledge their existence; very few humans know about them(although the Harpers have had blood confrontations with them)"

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2004, 07:25:21 PM »
Well... I'm not talking about places in the regular game that should have interjection points, but, rather, places in the UB quests that need them.  Elhan is not involved in a UB quest.

Offline Barren

• Planewalker
    • Visit Ashford City!
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2004, 08:18:27 PM »
(We stole his sword though!)

@Aristothenes: What are the Eldreth Veluuthra?
Otherwise visit the Ashford City forum and ask the mods, because Barren knows all. Barren is good. Barren is wise.

Aristothenes

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2004, 09:55:00 PM »
Nazi elves(no offense, that's the closest I can get). Think non-human races not fit to be on Faerun.

Offline NiGHTMARE

• Idiot
  • Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2004, 07:36:18 AM »
I think you mean human rather than non-human ;).
The Gibberlings Three - home to the BG1 NPC Project, BG2 Tweak Pack, Divine Remix, GemRB, Lands of Intrigue, Song & Silence, and many more!

Offline Caswallon

• Telvanni Archmagister
  • Planewalker
    • BG Forum
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2004, 07:58:52 AM »
Or non-elven, even. ;)
Man's Mystery
Man is mortal, and doomed to death and failure and loss.
This lies beyond our comprehension - why do you not despair?
--Spirit of the Daedra--

Offline rreinier

• Planewalker
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2004, 12:26:32 PM »
I'm thinking that some NPC's might have something to say before you make the Final Wish. Especially Aerie. I think she would ask you to give Kalah another chance, and I'd say Imoen would, too (not that it's in any way likely that Imoen is with you while doing this quest, but it's possible...). Other good NPCs might urge you to kill the Rakshasa or make some other "good" wish. Evil ones would express the expectation of a wish that benefits yourself or the party.

I'm not sure if Viccy already has an interjection durin the Pai'Na quest, but if not, she should have one. So should Aerie. She should be as opposed to helping Pai'Na as she is to taking Viccy.

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2004, 12:50:12 PM »
I like the idea of having the NPCs speaking up during the Final Wish sequence.

As for the Pai'Na quest--Bioware originally coded interjections for both Jaheira and Viconia.  I'll see about having Aerie pipe up, too.  :)

Offline NiGHTMARE

• Idiot
  • Planewalker
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2004, 03:48:42 PM »
Or non-elven, even. ;)
The Eldreth Veluuthra don't hate all non-elvess, just humans.  Of course they generally dislike non-elves, but they don't want to kill 'em all ;).
The Gibberlings Three - home to the BG1 NPC Project, BG2 Tweak Pack, Divine Remix, GemRB, Lands of Intrigue, Song & Silence, and many more!

Offline Xander77

• Planewalker
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2004, 05:42:20 PM »
Greyhand.

Korgan would obviously dislike the talky options. Guy states that he came to kill you, you kill guy in a bloody manner. When you have to axe, axe, don't talk!

Ditto for Viconia - back in the underdark, those who went on insane Amok runs were put down quickly, or cast into the pits to do the battle they crave.

Aeri etc would be really sad about not being able to help the guy...

Generic good NPC ponderings... did we have to kill him... could Irenicus turn Imoen against you?

Oh, and obviously Viconia should have banter with the remains of her house in Ust Natha.

Edit - Changed "he" into "Irenicus" on account of not everyone living inside my head.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2004, 05:01:52 PM by Xander77 »

Offline MagusWizardo

• Planewalker
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2004, 11:04:50 PM »
Oh, and obviously Viconia should have banter with the remains of her house in Ust Natha.
Why?
1) The party is disguised as drow from the house Despana. Any hint that that isn't who you are could get you all killed.
2) Viconia's romance tells us why she left the Underdark - her brother killed her mother, and she refused to kill him for it. Her house abandoned her, for fear of Lolth's retribution on them all if they protected her. Her brother was taken by Lolth, and Viconia was driven from the Underdark, with many of Lolth's servants in persuit. If she gives any idea that she is Viconia of the house De'Vir, she will most likely be killed.

Any mention of the party's true identifies would likely be overheard by guards, and reveal both that you are NOT of the house Despana, and that Viconia is a criminal. Viconia is wise to keep silent.

Offline Da_venom

• Planewalker
  • No one escapes death
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2004, 06:39:46 AM »
I'm thinking that some NPC's might have something to say before you make the Final Wish. Especially Aerie. I think she would ask you to give Kalah another chance, and I'd say Imoen would, too (not that it's in any way likely that Imoen is with you while doing this quest, but it's possible...). Other good NPCs might urge you to kill the Rakshasa or make some other "good" wish. Evil ones would express the expectation of a wish that benefits yourself or the party.

I'm not sure if Viccy already has an interjection durin the Pai'Na quest, but if not, she should have one. So should Aerie. She should be as opposed to helping Pai'Na as she is to taking Viccy.

let the wish terung aerie' wings back? it's kinda annoying all her dialogue about her lost wings...making me feel to kill her right away ^^

and with the pain'na quest maybe you could restore the blade and just wank her if you feel like it? (got no problems for more xp )  ::)

Offline Barren

• Planewalker
    • Visit Ashford City!
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2004, 03:35:19 PM »
Generic good NPC ponderings... did we have to kill him... could he turn Imoen against you?

Isn't Greyhand a pre-Spellhold encounter?

Offline Xander77

• Planewalker
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2004, 04:58:05 PM »
Magnus - it has been confirmed that Viconia was supposed to have some response to the De Vir prisoners. Would be entirely pointless to have them come from House De Vir if Viconia didn't acknowledge it, would it?

Barren - It is indeed. I thought I made it clear - the NPC's will wonder what Imoen will be like when you find her. Bioware did throw in some indications that Irenicus messed with her head, but nothing comes of it...

Offline MagusWizardo

• Planewalker
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2004, 08:36:06 PM »
Bioware did throw in some indications that Irenicus messed with her head, but nothing comes of it...
I'm seeking to handle this in my upcoming Imoen Enhancements mod. :)

Offline Bookwyrme

• Planewalker
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2004, 04:25:42 PM »
Generic good NPC ponderings... did we have to kill him... could he turn Imoen against you?

Isn't Greyhand a pre-Spellhold encounter?

Both times I've played with UB installed, I've met him while leaving Spellhold.
Stop by my blog over at Bookwyrme's Lair, my collection of reviews, pictures, and general ramblings. I also review comics and books over at FanboyNation.

Offline Fedegar

• Planewalker
Whats about Neb?
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2004, 05:51:20 AM »
I have an Question and Perhaps an Idea for you. In the Brdige Discrect you can meet if you making the Quest vof the Duegar abot the Illitum the little Bastrad Gnome (the Childkiller of Bg1) Nebb.

And now that I wonder. Why Minsk an Jaheria knows this bastard and you (the HC form Bg1) didn't recordnize him. Has the HC lost this Memory or what? ??? ::)

Offline neriana

• Planewalker
    • Darien NPC for BG2
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2004, 01:45:35 PM »
When you sponsor a dog fight, Minsc is the only one who complains, and there are no consequences with any party NPCs. Minsc, Valygar, Jaheira, and Cernd should all get very angry. (Maybe Cernd could even transform to a werewolf and attack Surly -- poetic justice.) All good-aligned NPCs should also get angry, especially Aerie.

Edit: I was confused about a conversation we had earlier, Icelus, and thought you meant interjections anywhere. Oops.  :-[ 
« Last Edit: August 08, 2004, 01:57:53 PM by neriana »
The color of infinity inside an empty glass.

Offline Da_venom

• Planewalker
  • No one escapes death
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2004, 02:37:08 PM »
nalia gets mad too if you put up dogfight

Offline Xander77

• Planewalker
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2004, 07:20:06 PM »
Both times I've played with UB installed, I've met him while leaving Spellhold.

It's meant to be a pre-spellhold encounter, I think - you'll bump into him whenever you choose to explore the path to spellhold. If you head straight for Desharik... You can even skip him via the portal to the underdark.

Is his dialogue different if you meet him while leaving Spellhold?

Offline Barren

• Planewalker
    • Visit Ashford City!
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2004, 10:32:59 AM »
Nope.

Aristothenes

« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2004, 04:50:24 AM »
Still wondering why Viconia interjects with your group when you see Pai'Na "Spiders are the most perfect creatures" - or thereabouts. She does say she isn't fond of spiders in official spoken interjects "I am still unused to all this green and fragrant brightness...part of me yet looks for the hidden spider's web amongst all this" didn't she drop Lolth as a patron, or is that the drow culture speaking (Hang on, can you separate drow culture from Lolth?)

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: