Author Topic: Comments on "Half-Empty"  (Read 1894 times)

Offline cliffette

• Timmins Tragic
  • Planewalker
  • I still like Neighbours
Comments on "Half-Empty"
« on: June 15, 2004, 01:37:43 AM »
The grass is always greener, I guess. Sadira's discontent is captured well, but it makes me feel quite restless too, because there's no real cure for her situation besides a change of perspective.. she wants it all and she knows she wants it all and is being unreasonable, but the distance between the head and the heart is a big one. It's good, but I wish there'd been more to resolve this, though life doesn't work that way (but perhaps fanfiction does? :)).

I really liked the 'annoyed sort of affection' and her small and saddening consolation that she is still a great heroine in his eyes. They need to communicate!

As a side note, after the confusion about the literal use of the word 'duck', I found this line kind of funny:

"Kelsey said and looked down to hide a grin as his wife exploded with indignation."

Ouch!

Offline Ajnos

• Reticent
  • Planewalker
  • facilis descensus Averno
Re: Comments on "Half-Empty"
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2004, 11:49:20 PM »
The grass is always greener, I guess. Sadira's discontent is captured well, but it makes me feel quite restless too, because there's no real cure for her situation besides a change of perspective.. she wants it all and she knows she wants it all and is being unreasonable, but the distance between the head and the heart is a big one. It's good, but I wish there'd been more to resolve this, though life doesn't work that way (but perhaps fanfiction does? :)).

I really liked the 'annoyed sort of affection' and her small and saddening consolation that she is still a great heroine in his eyes. They need to communicate!

Thanks for commenting.  I had trouble with Sadira, I found her sympathetic but not likable to write.  Still, there isn't really anything more to add, the longer version would probably be about leaving only to find that what one needed was what one had way back in Part One.

As a side note, after the confusion about the literal use of the word 'duck', I found this line kind of funny:

"Kelsey said and looked down to hide a grin as his wife exploded with indignation."

Ouch!

Oy.  Now I can never read that the same way again.  *snicker* 
There's no earthly way of knowing
Which direction we are going
There's no knowing where we're rowing
Or which way the river's flowing

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: