Author Topic: Problem with installation  (Read 2463 times)

Offline kluby

• Planewalker
Problem with installation
« on: June 06, 2004, 08:12:50 PM »
Hi, I was wondering if any BG2 experts out there can help me.  I recently downloaded a ton of mods and addons in hopes of really spicing up the regular BG game/storyline.  First I installed BG2 SoA, then went on and installed Bg2 ToB.  Then I installed the 26498 ToB Patch and then the Baldurdash fixpack and game text update files.  I then installed TDD + patch.  I then installed the mod Check the Bodies.  Now, after I unpack the ascension files into the BG2 SOA folder as per the instructions and it does create a folder named ascension in my BG2 directory.  But then when I run the Ascension EXE file, I get a DoS window that runs by so fast I can't read anything and dissappears.  There is no option to select a language, or what parts of the Ascension mod i want.  So I believe there might be something I have installed incorrectly or out of order.  Has anyone had this happen or have a clue what might be wrong?

Thanks in advance. 

Offline mcruz

• Planewalker
Re: Problem with installation
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2004, 02:16:14 AM »
Yup.....I had the exact same thing happened except that I didn't install TDD.......after installing CTB v148 I couldn't install Ascension-WeiDU v 1.4.17 for some odd reason so I just gave up on CTB for now........unfortunately I have no clue as to what could be doing this sorry  :(

maybe installing CTB after certain WeiDU mods might work..........it's just that it's so darn big that i'm afraid it might corrupt anything that gets install before it (which is the reason I tried to install CTB before the other WeiDU mods)
"Somethings are worth waiting for"

Offline kluby

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2004, 02:50:05 AM »
I uninstalled TDD and CtB and bingo Ascension went right in without a hitch.  Thanks for the tip JCruz.  :D I do suspect CtB do be incompatible with the Ascension mod.

hoppy

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2005, 06:42:31 PM »
This is the message:

[C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\Setup-Ascension.exe] WeiDU version 176
** ERROR ** [SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2] not found.
Make sure that you have unpacked the archive correctly and
that you are not trying to run this file from inside an archive.
Press ENTER to exit.

I get this after doing:
bg2-soa
tob
update tob with official patch
tdd
tdd patch

Now try ascension...

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: