Author Topic: Editing Attributes (some being unregistered)  (Read 1154 times)

Elliot

Editing Attributes (some being unregistered)
« on: June 23, 2004, 03:57:54 AM »
Hi all,

I am a stranger to modding, so please assume I know next to nothing of its concepts!

To cut a long story short I am simply trying to give my main character an innate ability to shapeshift into a Greater Wolfwere. I seem to have applied the ability fine, but I have also altered the Wolfwere's attributes. Amongst others, I have changed the main attributes (strength etc), resistances, THAC0 and HP.

The problem I have is that when I now shapeshift, the game takes into account the new Str, Dex and Const settings, also, all the resistances, but it ignores the changes I have made to HP and THAC0.

The Greater Wolfwere file the game engine uses in shwolf.cre, and I notice that it uses three items, 2 rings and a skull. So I attempted to add THAC0 improvements via these items. But again, the game seems to be ignoring these additional changes.

Is there anyone who might be able to point me in the right direction here? I am running out of ideas!

I am using the following tools:

ShadowKeeper, DLTC Editor Pro v6.2g, Infinity Explorer v0.75 and Cromwell's Smithy v1.0.1, all found via the TeamBG web site.

Thanks in advance.

Offline Rabain

• Planewalker
  • Luck o' the Irish!
Re: Editing Attributes (some being unregistered)
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2004, 02:56:21 AM »
I would thing it would be easiest to locate the spl file for the innate ability and modify it using IEEP or DLTCP to change HP and THACO.  Include the amended spl in your mod or just drop it in your override if you want to use it for yourself.

Remember it might be best to give the spl a new name if you are using this in a mod and you don't want to allow all of the users of the shapeshift wolfwere spells  to have your amendments.

Rabain
Touchstone: Wild Elf Fighter
BG2CPM: Dialog Portraits for Everyone!
WTPFamiliars: A new version of the Find Familiar Spell
All at: Border Kingdoms

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: