Author Topic: Unfinished Business FAQ and Information Index  (Read 57044 times)

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
Unfinished Business FAQ and Information Index
« on: May 25, 2004, 09:35:57 PM »
Unfinished Business ("UB") is a WeiDU-based mod for Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn.  It is designed to restore many of the cut items, quests, and encounters from the game's final release, as well as try to tie up some of the "loose ends."  As usual, UB should be compatible with most other WeiDu-based mods, and should be installed after all official patches and preferably the Baldurdash Fixpack.  UB should work with or without the Throne of Bhaal expansion pack.

Readme
Homepage

Information Index
« Last Edit: September 28, 2021, 02:21:51 PM by jastey »
<Moongaze> Luckily BWL has a very understanding and friendly admin.

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
What is Planned?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2004, 09:36:36 PM »
MAJOR QUESTS

-The kidnapping of Boo - DONE! v1.0
-Pai'Na and the Spider's Bane quest - DONE! v1.0
-Suna Seni/Valygar relationship - DONE! v1.0
-Gorje Hilldark and the extended illithium quest - DONE! v1.0
-Bodhi's cat and mouse game in Spellhold - DONE! v1.0
-Kalah's admissions about what he was "promised" - DONE! v2
-Sarevok's remorse over Yoshimo and Tamoko - DONE! v14
-Haer'Dalis and the murder implication - IN PROGRESS
-Haer'Dalis and the summoning wizard - IN PROGRESS
-Deril the lich and Cernd - IN PROGRESS
-The final Slayer dream
-Viconia's lycanthropy problem
-The missing lenses of the Rhynn Lanthorn
-Viconia's Betrayal in the Underdark
-Drenden Shale taking care of Jaheira
-Slavers/Roenall/Skin dancer interaction
-The sewer illithid and The Hidden
-The black lotus seller at the City Gates
-Keldorn's Old Friend
-Aerie's Kidnapping

MINOR RESTORATIONS

-Crooked Crane restorations - DONE! v1.0
-The final vampire city encounters - DONE! v1.0
-Additional city encounters (thieves, muggers, etc.) - DONE! v1.0
-Restored NPC portraits - DONE! v1.0
-Restored items - DONE! v1.0
-Corrected clone avatar in Château Irenicus - DONE! v1.0
-Corrected dragon familiar bams - DONE! v1.0
-Lanfear flirts - DONE! v1.0
-Feral halfling dialog - DONE! v1.0
-Hell hound encounters - DONE! v1.0
-Corrected "Xzar's creations" - DONE! v2
-Artemis Entreri's appearance in Bodhi's lair - DONE! v2
-Anomen's dialog upon seeing the dead paladins in the Windspear Hills - DONE! v2
-Greyhand - DONE! v6
-Restored Hell minions - DONE! v6
-Edwin/Valygar conflict - DONE! v10
-Feralan Kit - DONE! v10
-Justifier Kit - DONE! v10
-Extended ToB item desctiptions - DONE! v10
-Nilthiri's disease - DONE! v10
-Dialog option: trying to raise Khalid - DONE! v10
-Count Claylan and Debutante Alicia in the Mithrest Inn - DONE! v14
-The Cold Mistress in Saradush - DONE! v14
-Corrected names for various NPCs - ONGOING
-Additional Wish spell option
-Fikraag's taunts
-The Drow chest's guardians
-Longer Waukeen's Promenade cutscene
-Minsc and the dryads
-Dog meat and vampire blood
-The underdark squirrel hole
-Choice of rewards for illithium quest
-Iron golem brain
-Amaunator statue's riddles
-Falik coming to you for help
-Sahuagin ambush in the Sphere
-Ranger familiar corrections
-Blessed bolts
-Valeria and the bridge district thieves
-Eldarin and the slavers random encounter
-Yoshimo and the nymphs
-Saemon disguising the party as monks
-Bounty hunters
-More obvious clue for WK, Level 4
-The yellow dragon and his eggs

This list is subject to change as new information is discovered. 
« Last Edit: May 04, 2005, 02:32:30 PM by icelus »

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
"Official" Bioware Information
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2004, 09:38:20 PM »
http://forums.forgottenwars.net/index.php?...ay;threadid=900

Reads as such:

The Missing Haer'Dalis Quests

Date: Sunday, 30 September 2001, at 6:03 a.m.

You see, when we got to the cutting stage during BG2's development, there were a number of plots that had to be cut...either they weren't working or just hadn't been written yet. Most of these actually were sub-quests tied to the NPC's.

I know Haer'Dalis got hard-hit...he had two plots cut. One was almost done: Haer'Dalis gets arrested for the murder of Rayic Gethras (whose house is still in the game) and thrown in prison. The player either has to break him out, let him rot, or prove his innocence. That one was all written up, too...but it had some major bugs so off it went. There was also another plot where the group kept getting summoned by a wizard (via a Summoning spell) because Haer'Dalis was in the group. Being a planar being and the wizard somehow knowing his True Name, the group was bound to do as the wizard wished (which involved fighting something). After the group is summoned twice and then returned to whence they came, Haer'Dalis gets angry and decides to track down this anonymous wizard. Edwin, Mazzy, Keldorn and Viconia are also other NPC's I can remember suffering from the cut.

Now this is all well and good...and should you want more details on the Haer'Dalis plots I would be happy to provide them. The one NPC plot that I really miss, however, is attached to an NPC who ended up with no plots at all: Minsc.

"Where O where has my little Boo gone?

areas needed: one small store, preferably with cages and animals (a pen with rats would be cool) but any store will do.

the story:

The first time Minsc enters the Docks district, start a timer. At some point afterwards (preferably when somewhere other than the Docks), Minsc will suddenly blurt out in horror that he can't find Boo. He's gone, just gone, and the more Minsc talks the more hysterical he becomes. Depending on who is in the party, the dialogue could be pretty funny.

Minsc: "You! It is you, little man, who has taken my Boo away! I have seen how your beady eyes stare at him with longing!"

Jan: "What can I say? I was hungry."

Minsc: "So the terrible gnome admits his guilt!"

Jan: "Oh, no no no. I didn't take the poor guy, Minscy. Although now I wish I had. That's quite the shade of purple you have, there."

Minsc: "It is you, dwarf! I know of you and your eeeeeevil ways! Return my Boo at once or justice shall be planted firmly on your teeny skull!"

Korgan: "Hmph. Are ye sure ye just didn't roll over the wee vermin in yer sleep, ye blasted oaf?"
Minsc: "Vile lies! Vile, terrible...and with disturbing imagery, too...lies!"

Minsc: "It was you, actor! You have taken my Boo!"
Haer'Dalis: "That's quite an imagination you have, my angry titmouse. What would I do with your little companion?"

Minsc: "Minsc knows! You cannot lie! Minsc knows of your lurid ways!"

Haer'Dalis: "Hmmm...was I talking in my sleep again?"

Minsc: "It was you, ! All this time you have been envying Minsc of his rapport with great Boo! You wish the title of Great Hero all for yourself!"

PC: "You have *got* to be kidding."

Minsc: "Minsc *never* jokes about Boo! Weasels, maybe! Boo, NEVER!"

OR

Minsc: "It was you, ! All this time you have been envying Minsc of his rapport with great Boo! You wish the title of Great Hero all for yourself!"

PC: "Yes, yes, it was me all along. Listen to my gleeful laughter."

Minsc: "Oh, tragedy is me! Overcome by the treachery of my most faithful friend! Tales shall be told of this dark day in years to come! Plays shall be made of it, acted in badly and I shall turn over in my grave at the horror!"

ANYWAY...the player has the option of cutting Minsc loose or promising to look for Boo. Minsc will give it some time, but he will remind the player occasionally. After a while he will leave on his own, swearing to undertake a great quest to recover faithful Boo. If the player kicks him out during this time, he will do the same thing.

If questioned, Minsc will remember that he last had Boo when the party was in the Docks. (Only trouble here is that all those Boo 'squeaks' were added into Minsc's VO...we never asked for them, but there they are. One could script Minsc not to speak his normal VO for the interim, but I don't know if you'd want to go through the trouble.) Minsc will beg the party to go there. The party doesn't have to, but SO LONG AS MINSC HAS NO BOO he is quite debilitated...he has a serious penalty to his ThAC0, his AC and his Strength (cast it on him as a spell).

As soon as the party returns to the Docks, spawn in a new NPC (Billy, young boy) somewhere in the docks. Minsc will init dialogue saying "Someone must know...someone must have seen! We must track down Boo's trail even if we must inspect every hamster dropping in this great city!" (Nalia interject: "Uhhh...Minsc, I don't think that's a hamster dropping...")

When Minsc sees Billy, he will cry out "You! Minsc remembers you! You were looking at Boo, little boy! You know!!" Billy will display a little 'uh-oh!' over his head and disappear into the Copper Coronet.
If the player enters the Coronet, Billy will be inside...along with a bunch of thugs. Billy will cry 'that's the that was so mean to me!' (the PC never gets a break) and the lead thug ('Martin') will demand in a threatening tone that the PC explain what all this is about.

The PC can either slaughter away or talk to Martin. The PC can say that Billy stole something from Minsc without saying what...in which case Martin will demand the truth from Billy. When Billy mentions he stole Minsc's 'rat', all the men will laugh. If the PC tells the truth right off the bat, they all laugh anyway. Minsc will go haywire.

Here a charismatic PC can smooth things over and get Martin to be reasonable, saying that nobody wants Minsc to go ballistic. If the PC has a high enough charisma Martin will demand that Martin say what happened to Boo. The PC can also choose to bribe Martin into doing this. Otherwise, Martin thinks Minsc is a sissy for having a hamster and the PC even sissier for asking for the hamster back. "If it's a rat ye want, I'll send Billy into the bloody alley. Just take a sec', it will!" Minsc will challenge Martin to a battle of fisticuffs in the arena. The PC can choose to intervene and fight, instead. Either way, the battle works like Mazzy's duel...and once Martin gets down to half his HP's, he will beg off and demand that Billy tell what he knows.
Whether Billy has been told by Martin to spill the beans or Martin and everyone else is dead, he will say that he sold Boo to a 'collector' he knows by the name of Swoosh. He offers to lead the party there (Minsc will interject and automatically agree).

Transport the party to the new store. Swoosh is there, a halfling of no little eccentricity who believes that all animals are much smarter than people realize. After being accosted by Minsc initially, his attitude wins Swoosh over. Swoosh would *never* have bought Boo if he'd known he was someone's beloved companion. He also wouldn't have sold him...

(insert hysterics by Minsc)

Now, depending on how long you want to make this sub-plot, this can go one of two ways. The short version skips the next part and Swoosh says he sold Boo to the daughter of Rayic Gethras. The longer version has Swoosh telling the story about a druid from Trademeet named Perth who came in the other day and was talking (yes, talking) to the animals and seemed fascinated by Boo and bought him. Swoosh can give directions to Trademeet, but doesn't know where the druid grove is (the party might...or they might never have been there and this will open up the Trademeet plot).

Alternatively, a shorter version could also include the Trademeet section (in which case Perth still has Boo) and skip Rayic Gethras altogether.

Leaving the door of the store will bring the party immediately to the world map. Note while this is all going on that Rayic Gethras should not be 'at home' (come to think of it, I'm not sure he ever is in the released version).

Anyway, when the party goes to Trademeet, there are two druids that have been accosted. One is Cernd, as per normal, but the other is Perth...who has been fearfully hiding out in the Waukeenar church and won't come out (the Temple Superior has given him sanctuary).

If the party goes to the church, they only find the Temple Superior there. They can ask him to go and retrieve the frightened Perth, but he will only agree to Minsc's pitiful pleading (Minsc must be present in the group). Perth knows nothing about the grove's troubles...he was just returning there from being abroad when he encountered all this. But he does have some interesting things to say about Boo...how remarkably intelligent Boo is and how strangely knowledgable Boo seemed to be (Minsc will puff up proudly at this). He was so impressed with Boo he even went ahead and cast a spell on him (more on this later). Unfortunately...Perth doesn't have Boo any longer. When he was running from the crowd, he stopped a carriage and tried to ask the man within (Rayic Gethras) for a ride...offering the man's whiny daughter Boo as a present to make him more agreeable. When Rayic saw the mob coming, he summarily dumped Perth off to flee on his own.

So...now spawn in Rayic Gethras and his daughter (Lily, maybe) at his home in Amkethran (which district is it in? Government, I think.) When the player approaches his home, have two noblewomen standing outside who initiate a cut-scene, declaring at how solid Lord Gethras's judgements have been, as of late. Such an improvement. Why, some people have been talking about naming Lord Gethras as the new Master of Laws in the city!

Going inside, the party can easily find out from either the pouty Lily or from Rayic, himself, that Lily doesn't have Boo anymore. Daddy took him. And while Rayic is not very forthcoming, it's obvious where his recent advice has been coming from. "That's absurd!", he'll say. But he won't want to give up the hamster, either.
The player can threaten Boo out of him...which will make him spluster and call on his guards (plus reinforcements) to 'take out the trash'. If the player is really high level, though, he fearfully hands Boo over...but otherwise they can take it off his body (and suffer serious rep loss). The other option is to threaten to expose Rayic, telling everyone where his 'new advice' is coming from. A charismatic PC could pull this off...or having another noble in the group (Nalia or Keldorn, for example) would lend this threat credence. The PC could also offer to buy Boo back, but Rayic would require a pretty penny.

Either way, Minsc has his Boo back. Oh, joyous day! All his stats are returned...plus maybe something extra, as discussed below.

-------------------------------------

Now...the discussion on exactly what would be done with Boo was what caused this plot to be put off until 'later' in the first place.

We all agreed that the druid would have enspelled Boo to live longer and be far more durable. None of us liked considering what a hamster's lifespan might actually be and, indeed, whether this was even the first 'Boo' that Minsc has ever owned (denial is a wonderful thing). It would be a cool way to negate that problem...Boo lives as long as Minsc does.

The trouble was that most of us thought that Minsc should receive some kind of reward for going through this sub-plot. Boo should give Minsc some extra abilities or do something extra. Luke, Minsc's writer, has always been the most adamant one that Boo is just an ordinary hamster. He doesn't really go for the eyes and, for God's sake, he is NOT actually a miniature Giant Space Hamster.

OK, we could accept the not being a miniature Giant Space Hamster thing, but Luke was also opposed to Boo being anything other than an ordinary hamster ever. As Minsc's writer (and also the one who would have written this plot), one has to consider what he thinks, of course (especially with James being ambivalent about the whole thing). But there had to be SOME reward...which is where talks broke down.
Our ideas? Boo's natural intelligence has been heightened (Minsc scoffs at this, of course, saying a miniature Giant Space Hamster wouldn't need such a thing..."Boy, you fooled him, Boo!") and his newfound 'advice' gives Minsc a permanent bonus to his ThAC0 and AC.

Alternatively, Boo could now be 'useable' in combat...when his button is selected, you hear some hamster squeaks and Boo's 'advice' gives Minsc a temporary bonus to ThAC0 and AC, as well as making him immune to Backstab for the duration (that extra pair of eyes helps).

Of course, some said that if the player was going to have to go through the whole long quest to recover Boo, all while having Minsc debilitated, he had better god-damn-well now really go for the eyes. Besides the normal advice bonuses, Boo's ability is a 'spell' effect. Casting it on a nearby creature makes Minsc say his line ("Go for the eyes, Boo...!") and a second later the nearby creature is hit for 1 HP of damage. He also suffers from Blindness for 3 rounds and Confusion for 3 (during those three rounds he also suffers an extra 1 HP of damage again on the 2nd and 3rd round). MR is by-passed (it's not magic), although maybe a save applies. Boo's icon will disappear for the moment but he will 'find his way back' after 6 rounds.

Or...maybe not.  I always thought it was a cool story.

David Gaider
Design, Bioware corp.

I forgot to put in one thing.

A short-cut, if you will, for the evil players who want to be really malicious.

In Smoosh's store, early on in the dialogue between him and Minsc, the PC had the option of whispering to Smoosh to give him a hamster...ANY hamster...so long as it at least sort of looked like Boo.

Smoosh would do so, saying "Oh, my mistake...I guess that was another hamster I sold. Ahhh...here is your Boo, sir."

Minsc, of course, would be quite suspicious. "Ehhhh...this is not looking like Boo. Why is his hair so grey? Why does he seek to flee off of Minsc's hand?"

If the PC has a decent intelligence, he can counter Minsc's objections with seemingly reasonable explanations.

PC: "His hair is grey because he's been frightened to be without you, Minsc."

Minsc: "Well, yeeeesssss, but why does he run so?"

PC: "He's still scared. He will calm down eventually."

Minsc: "But he seems so big. Boo was never so big..."

PC: "Smoosh probably feeds him more than you do. Plus he hasn't had the exercise of combat."

Minsc: "(CHARNAME) speaks sense, maybe. I am sorry to be doubting you so, Boo."

There's also the option of the high charisma PC...

PC: "I believe it's Boo, Minsc. Are you doubting my intelligence?"

Minsc: "Welllll, noooo, but..."

PC: "So you're saying that you don't trust me, then. After all this time..."

Minsc: "No, Minsc trusts his heroic friend (CHARNAME) just fine, but..."

PC: "So what's the problem? You have Boo back. Aren't you happy?"

Minsc: "Er, yeeesss. Yes, Minsc is just being selfish. I am sorry, Boo."

Certain NPC's (Keldorn, Mazzy, Nalia to name a few) would probably interject and ruin this plan at the beginning. And if the PC isn't intelligent or charismatic enough, Minsc gets mad and refuses to believe the hamster is Boo and storms off (permanently).

But otherwise, he ends up believing the lie just fine. His stats are restored and the quest is over. No bonuses, naturally, but at least the player gets the satisfaction of being completely evil... 

David Gaider
Design, Bioware corp.

----------------------------------------------------------------

> Oh lordie, if you shared even a tenth of those cut quests, we'd be
> drooling all over ourselves. I still think wistfully of the 'minor
> villians' quest you told us about, where we'd run into a group made up of
> people like Isaea Roenall, Saerk's son, etc. I think that would have been
> a hoot. And poor Valygar losing the Suna Seni interaction. Keldorn had
> more? And Mazzy? Ooooh, I'd love to hear those.

Oh yeah...I almost forgot about the whole Suna Seni thing. Yeah, Valygar got hit hard with the cuts, too. Keldorn ended up with only his family plot, and Mazzy with the Pala Poisoned plot (although I did manage to add back in Gorf the Squisher later). Originally Keldorn had a big plot involving his duties with the Order (put aside after we decided that the Order would be the Stronghold for a Paladin character...and we couldn't spend the time on deciding how they would cross over). I forget what Mazzy had...I'd have to look it up.
Personally, I think taking out the whole 'minor villain' bottle-neck battle was kind of a mistake. But whatever...that was before the whole Spellhold idea came up, which was also pretty good.

> The Boo quest was wonderful! I always thought it was a shame that Minsc
> never had a quest, considering what a stand-out character he is. Hmmm,
> that just made a thought pop into my head. I realize that ToB is meant to
> be far more linear than SoA, but a quest for Sarevok would be interesting
> as well. Now there is a man with a past ripe for coming back to haunt him.

A Sarevok quest? Yeah, I would have liked to see Sarevok confronted with the idea that not only was he responsible for Tamoko's death (and delve more into that), but Yoshimo's as well (since Yoshimo came to this land looking for his sister after losing contact). Even a small quest to honor their deaths or something would have been cool.

Did I ever mention that we were THIS close to bringing Yoshimo back to life (sort of) in ToB? Actually, he would have been undead, kinda...but Ilmater would have restored him to semi-life to repay his debt of guilt for betraying the PC (if that had happened...and, of course, if Yoshimo's heart had been surrendered to Ilmater). People would have gotten their full thief back (with some cool new abilities), and he would strike a tragic pose as someone who was waiting to die again...but wanted to die in peace.

I thought it was a cool story, anyway. But we just ended up deciding that our time was better spent elsewhere.

David Gaider
Design, Bioware corp.

----------------------------------------------------------------

> Sounds like a great quest! Minsc should have a quest all his own. I'm a
> bit curious about Gethras though, since he's the wizard Edwin wants the PC
> to kill. Does this mean this quest will only be available before Edwin
> joins the party? Or was it supposed to be another NPC altogether?

Oops!

That's right...Rayic Gethras is the mage Edwin wants you to kill. It's not him, then...I just got the names mixed up. There's a wealthy home in either the Bridge District or the Government District that belongs to a man who doesn't come up in the game anywhere. He has a servant that says 'he's not home' and that's about it.

Shoot. Now I can't remember his name. Grrrr.

David Gaider
Design, Bioware corp.

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2004, 09:39:26 PM »
OK, since there were so many requests that I go ahead and write out Haer'Dalis's two missing quests in full, I will do so.
-------------------------------------------------------------

CUT QUEST #1: THE MURDER OF ACTON BALTHIS

This is the guy whose name I got mixed-up with Rayic Gethras. Acton Balthis has an estate somewhere in the city (Bridge District comes to mind, but I may be wrong) that still exists and is labeled as such...but it isn't used for anything in the release version of BG2. Acton Balthis is an important and influential noble...and a member of the Council of Six...but I don't believe his character exists in the game, anymore.

Originally, one could go to the estate if they wished...Acton's halfling manservant (Pip? I believe the servant is still there. Might be under 'hdpip'...all the characters that were involved in this plot had the 'hd' prefix to their resref) would attempt to get rid of you unless you were of high charisma or high rep. If you were of high charisma, he would politely ask the player's reason for coming...which there really wouldn't be one, of course. Acton, himself, could be approached in his bedroom and would call on his guards to get rid of intruders unless the player had the high charisma or high rep mentioned (in which case he's polite but doesn't have much to say).

The first time the players rest in the city with Haer'Dalis in the party, a timer is set for a couple of days. Once the timer is up, Acton Balthis is immediately removed from his home and Pip and the guards switch over to their new dialogue.

The next time the players are in any area of the city but the Docks, a group of Athkatlan soldiers will appear led by a lieutenant who does the speaking ("hdlieut"). The lieutenant will say that Haer'Dalis is under arrest for the murder of Acton Balthis. The player can object, but the lieutenant will say there were witnesses to the fact. Haer'Dalis does not think a fight is a good idea, so he resigns himself to being arrested...but he tells the player that he is innocent and begs the player to free him. The lieutenant says that the player can speak to Inspector Brega if he has any questions.
If the player is evil or really low rep (the kind where the player gets hunted anyway), he can opt to kill the guards to free Haer'Dalis. Haer'Dalis thinks it's a bit of a giggle that he thought he had killed someone...but he's likely guilty of worse things in the company of the player, anyway, so whatever. 

Haer'Dalis leaves with the soldiers. He is spawned into the prison in the Government District. The prison should have a couple of guards outside at night, with the prison itself being locked. These guards will not allow anyone entry, and will call reinforcements if attacked. The door can be picked and inside there are a couple of other guards who will also call for reinforcements. During the day, there is only a single guard who won't stop anyone from entering the prison. There are more guards within, and one guard near the entrance ("hdguard") who will address anyone who enters. He complains at how annoying Haer'Dalis is and wishes he would go on and be executed already. If the player doesn't already know, he will say that an execution has been planned for three days hence (a timer is set when Haer'Dalis is taken away). A player can bribe him or sweet-talk him (Charisma) into allowing him to speak to Haer'Dalis.

Speaking to Haer'Dalis: Haer'Dalis is quite morose about being imprisoned yet again and is reciting death poetry and other sobering stuff. He is glad to see the player and, if asked, will recite as much of the circumstances as he can. It seems he WAS present in the area not long ago...one night when the party slept, he was restless and walked about. He saw a beautiful bust in the window of the Balthis estate that reminded him of his beloved Raelis (this is a bust of the goddess Sune, as we will find out later) and he was entranced by it.
He went to speak to the people of the house and asked Acton Balthis if he could see the lovely bust up close and marvel at it more fully...but was turned out rather promptly. Haer'Dalis hadn't thought about the event since, and begs the player to believe that he didn't kill Acton.

He is saddened to hear of his execution, and begs the player to kill his name. If the player has not already done so, he suggests talking to whomever 'witnessed' the murder (perhaps seeking them out at the Balthis estate?) and talking to Inspector Brega, himself, at the Government building.

Speaking to Pip: At the Balthis estate, Pip is the only person who really has much to say. He is the one who witnessed the murder (as well as several guards, who are not around currently) and he is quite distraught about the whole thing. He heard a struggle in Acton's room and entered to find Haer'Dalis standing over the corpse with his blades. Haer'Dalis jumped out the window to escape, he says, referring to Haer'Dalis as 'that thief'.

The player can ask further questions, but will only be answered if he has a good Charisma or threatens the halflings. If asked if anything was missing, he will say only the invaluable 'Bust of Sune' that was a prize of Acton's...and that was how he remembered the thief, as he had come asking about it only days before. If the player has a decent Intelligence (Yoshimo, Nalia or Jan could also inteject this), a dialogue will open up suggesting that this would be a rather obvious thing for a thief to do...Pip does comment that he hadn't thought of that before...but he saw what he saw. This will allow another question: has anyone else ever asked about the bust? Pip will say no...but he will say that Qataris the art dealer was quite jealous that Acton out-bid him to acquire the bust. Qataris is an art dealer and collector who operates out of the Promenade ("hdqatar"...he has one of the stalls in the Promenade, along with several guards...optionally, one could open up one of the many stores in the Promenade area. Prior to this plot, Qataris has limited dialogue with the player...he buys and sells art, after all, which is something the player neither has to sell nor needs to buy.) Acton has other enemies, being a political player, but nobody comes to mind considering the circumstances.

Talking to Inspector Brega: Brega can explain some of the details of what has occurred, if approached. He will say that Haer'Dalis was witnessed killing Acton Balthis, but won't say by who. The inspectors use magic to ascertain the truth, however, so they know the witnesses aren't lying (he will be a bit embarassed to admit, if pressed, that his magic doesn't work on Haer'Dalis due to his unique heritage...but he will say that Haer'Dalis made certain admissions regarding the missing object that made the connection obvious). Brega will say that the intent of the murderer was originally robbery, and that an item was taken from the estate...but he won't say what, exactly. He will tell the player that Haer'Dalis is due to be executed in three days...no ifs, ands or buts.

If the player already knows about the bust of Sune through Pip or Haer'Dalis, they can ask him about that specifically. He will say that it hasn't been recovered...but that Haer'Dalis likely would have sold it to one of two places: Qataris the art-dealer or the Shadow Thieves. They already questioned Qataris and he doesn't have it...and if the Shadow Thieves have it, then there's no hope in recovering it.

ROUTE #1: GOING TO QATARIS
----------------------------------------
Haer'Dalis can be told about the evidence against him. He will be indignant but thoughtful. The only people who would even know that he asked about the statue would be Acton's servants...and, of course, that fat man with whom he discussed the statue outside. (Oh, yes, didn't I mention that?) He doesn't know who the man was, but they marveled at the wonderful artwork together. This was Qataris, obviously, but Haer'Dalis doesn't know that...you'd have to get the name from Pip or Brega.

Finding and talking to Qataris is the key, here. One can question him about the murder of Acton Balthis, at which he'll simply say that it's good that that 'fiendish thief' was brought to justice. He will act rather indignant towards any questions, and will (rather obviously) laud Acton Balthis as a 'fine man and a great loss to the art community'.

The key, here, is knowing about the bust of Sune. If the players ask about it, Qataris will get rather fidgety and say that he's already been asked all about that by Inspector Brega, and since there's no way to counter their magic, he's obviously innocent. A high INT PC (or an NPC mage) could point at that there are several ways to counter that kind of magic, if one prepares in advance. This will cause Qataris to flip out and demand the player be removed...the guards will go hostile while he cowers in the corner.

Even if the player doesn't point that out, he can always say that Haer'Dalis already said that Qataris is the one who spoke to him (a lie...or a leap of faith at the very least) if Haer'Dalis mentioned the man that he spoke to...and this makes Qataris a suspect. Qataris will likewise flip out as before.

If the player kills Qataris along with everyone else...or kills everyone before getting Qataris to flip out (in which case Qataris goes hostile to and attacks feebly)...all they can do is find the bust of Sune in a chest in the back of the store. This can be presented to Brega...and while it doesn't proove Haer'Dalis's innocense (and, indeed, Qataris can no longer be questioned about it)...Brega is a fair man and admits it does shed doubt on the matter. They will hold off the execution until and unless the real killer can be found (more on that below). If Qataris didn't confess, there will also be a note in the chest that is a short demand for payment now that services are done...signed by 'K'.

If Qataris flipped out, he will initiate dialogue after his guards are killed and beg to be spared. He will pen and sign a confession (this item is still in the game) and return the bust of Sune if the player will only let him go. They can agree to this or kill him (results as above). If asked about how Acton was killed, he will name an illusionist/thief by the name of Krell ("hdkrell") who is independant of the Shadow Thieves...but that he doesn't know any more about him.

If the confession is brought to Brega, he will apologize for the mistake and have Haer'Dalis released (the players can go to the Prison to pick him up). XP reward at this point. He will thank the player for his resourcefulness and say that there will be a decent reward should the real culprit be found.

ROUTE #2: GOING THROUGH THE SHADOW THIEVES
------------------------------------------
If the player is on good terms with Renal Bloodscalp (they have done the Mae'Var plot and haven't sided with Bodhi), they can talk to Renal about the murder. If they haven't done the Mae'Var plot, he will say that he will tell what he knows...if they do the plot, fist. Otherwise, he will be pretty free with his info. He's pretty perturbed because he knows an independent was hired to do the assassination, and that doesn't sit well with him. This isn't evidence, of course, that Brega would accept. If he knew exactly which independent it was, he could be of more help.

He doesn't know that Qataris is involved. He does know that whomever was contacted was hired to steal something, not kill Acton Balthis, and suggests that the player 'follow the money'.

Giving Renal the note signed by 'K' or naming Krell will interest Renal greatly. He will say that if the player wishes to deal with the situation, the Shadow Thieves will put out the rumor that evidence was left behind at the estate putting question to the idea that Haer'Dalis was the actual murderer. He suspects Krell will show up at the evening at his first opportunity. If the player doesn't want to deal with it, then the Shadow Thieves will (no chance to get Krell, then, as below).

ROUTE #3: BUSTING HAER'DALIS OUT OF JAIL
----------------------------------------

Haer'Dalis can be forcibly rescued. If one tells Haer'Dalis that this is going to happen, Haer'Dalis will find it quite funny (seeing as the PC is always freeing him) but will suggest that an easier way might be approaching the guard ("hdguard") and bribing him. If this has been mentioned, the original guard at the door can be talked into leaving the cell open and the guards temporarily 'absent' at night...but this will cost money (1,000 gp) and Haer'Dalis will still be a wanted felon.
Whether by force or guile, if the player frees Haer'Dalis, then the party will be hunted (of course, a low enough rep party might already be), and have their rep lowered. Speaking to Brega while hunted will cause him to immediately shout for troops and attack...UNLESS the player happens to have Qataris's signed confession when he speaks to Brega. Then Brega will be angry but will admit that Haer'Dalis is innocent. This doesn't excuse the player's actions, however, and he will place a 5,000 gp fine on the player. Paying it will stop the hunting.

ROUTE #4: FINDING KRELL
-----------------------
Whether the player needs to find Krell to prove Haer'Dalis's innocence...or whether they are doing it for the reward, revenge or whatever...there are two ways of doing so.
The first, as mentioned above, is to bring Krell's name or the note to Renal Bloodscalp. Technically, I suppose Bodhi would do, as well, although we never implemented this. When you go to the Balthis estate and wait until evening, Krell would appear and act surprised at the PC's presence. He will attack...and as soon as he gets low enough HP he will beg to surrender. The PC can instruct him to turn himself in or kill him. Killing him does nothing for Brega...they didn't want him dead. Getting Krell to turn himself in will make Brega very happy...rep bonus plus XP and gold reward.
The second way is quite by accident. Until Krell appears in the Balthis estate as above, once the note has been possessed or Qataris has named him, Krell will be spawned into the Copper Coronet. If the player enters the Copper Coronet with Haer'Dalis, Krell will be disbelieving and shocked by will immediately attack as above. If Haer'Dalis isn't with the party, the party might know Krell's name is Qataris said it...they can approach and confront him with the same results.

And that's that for the plot. I think we had major problems with implementing some of the routes...as well as some logical problems with the player being actively wanted by the authorities yet still able to speak to people everywhere...so the plot was dropped as being too complex and buggy. With work, though, it would have turned out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

CUT-QUEST #2: THE SUMMONING PROBLEM

This quest is a bit more sketchy. It was planned out, and dialogue had already been written for Haer'Dalis and the wizard involved, but it had never been implemented beyond that. No actual creation of the areas or scripting had been done.

Basically, a timer would initiate once Haer'Dalis was in the party. When it came up (and he was still in the party), and the party was out not in combat or anything in particular, they would get teleported en masse to a building in Athkatla (although they wouldn't know that).

A wizard (whose name I forget...let's call him 'Taras') would command the party to attack a group of enemies. Haer'Dalis would comment that this is the sad nature of being a planar, and that he wondered at how the wizard came to know his Name, but suggests that the party get this over with. Trying to attack the wizard would only get the party member's AI temporarily over-ridden and turn him to attack one of the enemies. Once the enemies were gone, the party would be returned whence they came...and Haer'Dalis would initiate, being pretty apologetic and pissed at the same time.

This would happen two more times, at random. After the second time, Haer'Dalis would blow up and vow to find this individual. On the third summoning, Haer'Dalis will break from the group and run towards the wizard. Dialogue will ensue showing that Haer'Dalis has snatched the wizard's amulet and he threatens to find and kill the man. Scared, the wizard immediately sends the party back. Haer'Dalis still has the amulet and sees the inscription on it...he now knows the man's name is Taras and vows to find out where it comes from. He leaves the party, saying he will be back within a day.
Good to his word, Haer'Dalis returns a day later and says he has found where the wizard is hidden. In Athkatla, in one of the areas off the Promenade (formerly unaccessible), the wizard has his home.
Going there to confront the wizard will result in finding the wizard lying, dying, with summoned creatures dead all around him. Taras will apologize to Haer'Dalis, saying he had no choice...an influential Cowled Wizard had become smitten with Taras's daughter, Alaya, even though Alaya wanted nothing to do with him. The Wizard became more and more demanding until finally he began assaulting Taras's home to take her forcible. Taras knows the wizard only wants Alaya for some more sinister purpose, though he knows not what. He begs Haer'Dalis to rescue her and then dies.
It's up to the party to decide whether or not to actually rescue her, although Haer'Dalis thinks it's somewhat ironic and fitting that he help the man who had annoyed him so.

The ending for this hadn't been fully written. If anyone's ever played the Cernd plot where he goes looking for his child, you'll see a bit of a plot (if I remember right) where the man he goes to see is involved with a Lich and there's some form kind of 'group' that the man is desperate to join. This was originally a larger plot with a larger area, the lich staying at the man's home while the man attempted to prove that he was a competent magic-user and make the needed unholy sacrifices to get his admittance not only to the group, but to lich-dom itself. Cernd's child was part of this, as was Alaya. The nobleman's name does not come to me immediately, though.

Freeing Alaya would get her gratitude. She'd return to her father's home and be there afterwards, where she would give the player a powerful magic item that once belonged to her father as thanks. If the party wasn't on Cernd's quest, as well, she would take the baby with her (and Cernd's quest could always end there, instead).

A little bit briefer, I know, but there you go.

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2004, 09:40:06 PM »
---------------------------------------------------------------
NEXT EPISODE: Turning Aerie into a bird ("If You Love Someone, Set Them Free") and Viconia's Betrayal in the Underdark (plus Viconia's mini-quest: "I Was a Dark Elf Werewolf") 
---------------------------------------------------------------

IF YOU LOVE SOMEONE SET THEM FREE
---------------------------------

Ahhh, yes. Poor Aerie. Poor, poor Aerie. 

Originally, the Aerie romance was also supposed to have a third possible branch. Although assigning this to the romance isn't exactly true...it's something that would come up regardless of whether or not you were romancing Aerie. The effect on the romance could be pronounced, however.

Ordinarily, Aerie has an initial period where she simply can't get over the loss of her wings. She talks about her people and what it was like to be an avariel...and if you're not in the romance, she never quite gets over this (although she's considerably more quiet about it).
Now, if we all recall, there was a place in the game where people knew how to turn others permanently into bird, right? You know what I'm talking about...the Xzar and Montaron quest involving the Harpers. Their polymorph ability was supposed to be no joke, and the player was supposed to be able to find, originally, a ritual scroll that would allow a subject to be permanently transformed into a bird. As a ritual, it's not a learnable spell...but it is castable by anyone (although it takes several hours, apparently, so it's not a combat spell).

Once the quest is over, if Aerie was in the party (or joins the party later), she would inquire about the scroll, wondering if the player would be willing to use it on her. Being a bird wouldn't be the best thing, but she would do almost anything to have her wings back. If Haer'Dalis is about and has been interacting with Aerie, he'll be all for it...it would seem very fitting to him for Aerie to become an actual bird (and he does have that fondness for thinking of everyone as birds anyway). The conversation with Aerie was supposed to revolve around whether or not the PC romance was active.
If there was no romance, the player had several options. He could refuse her out-right, saying that being a bird isn't the answer or she's an idiot or whatever. She will be hurt and upset and leave the party to return permanently to the circus. The player could also promise to turn her into a bird later, saying that he needs her right now...but she will require a promise that once Imoen is rescued that he do so. She thinks that this is, indeed, what she wants.

If there is a romance, the player has the same options as above...although he also has the option of convincing Aerie that what she really needs is to adjust to life as it is now, to see the good things she has and not throw them away simply for a pair of wings. Aerie will be unconvinced, and will ask for the player to give her the scroll...in case she changes her mind. If the player doesn't give the scroll, she leaves...obviously he doesn't trust her. If he does, the issue doesn't come up until later.

NOW...for those of you who have actually played the Haer'Dalis/Aerie romance, you probably know the effect that Irenicus has on Aerie...the hatred that she has for him after seeing what he's done at Spellhold.

This was actually a much-shortened version of the original story. Besides the Suna Seni thing, Irenicus was supposed to have other lieutenants. One of these was a struggling Thayvian mage named Thraxis Gall (I think...at least, this is the name that pops in my head, though my memory may be off). Before Spellhold, Aerie was supposed to have been stolen by Gall. The player can found out where he is, but when he gets there Aerie has been tortured terribly. Gall knew that avariel wings are incredibly valuable for spell components...and he wanted the opportunity to study an avariel closely to see if anything else was as valuable. When the player frees Aerie, she kills Gall and is shaking with rage and utter disbelief at the kind of evil that exists in the world. The player has two choices: encourage Aerie's new vigilanteism, in which case she commits herelf to a campaign against evil and tears up the scroll (she was originally supposed to take on a new voice set in this case). Or the player could believe that this world isn't for Aerie...she will breakdown and agree and say her tearful good-byes before turning herself into a bird (if she has the scroll) or begging the player to do so (if he promised he would). If the player refuses at this point, Aerie will be heart-broken and leave permanently.

TALES OF VICONIA (including I WAS A DARK ELF WEREWOLF)

------------------------------------------------------

Everyone knows that Viconia was designed, originally, to have more involvement in the Underdark part of the story. This was, indeed, the original plan...but that was back before we knew exactly how the Underdark was going to fit into the overall game. We ended up having so much other stuff for Viconia (like the romance) that it really didn't become necessary.

At any rate, Viconia's presence in the party was supposed to help and hinder when entering the dark elves' city. Once in the city, Viconia would disappear shortly afterwards...and the party would be approached within minutes and arrested as imposters. They would be transferred to a drow prison to await sacrifice to Lolth...where, a day later, Viconia would arrive and free the party. At first, she would claim to have recognized the party arriving and suspected what was going to happen, saying this was her first chance to rescue the player. The player could choose to see through this rather obvious lie, where Viconia would spit and say fine...she had hoped to re-ingratiate herself with Lolth and the drow by surrendering the Child of Bhaal to one of the lesser and more ambitious houses (the one that we later made part of the quest with Drizzt's foe, whatshisname). Viconia, however, has just heard of the long-ago fall of her own house and realized that she had no protection, no name...the Matron Mother would sacrifice her to Lolth, as well.

Viconia knows, however, that the Matron Mother of the minor House hasn't told anyone of the party's presence...she's kept it a secret. If she releases the party, she will direct them to kill the Matron Mother to preserve their secret and continue their mission. The party can tell her off afterwards, at which she will spit an epithet at them and find her way on her own...she always has. If they express any kind of understanding, she will be suspicious, but grateful (in her own way...Viconia has a hard time saying 'thank you').
If there was a romance underway, the whole thing might have worked out a bit differently. After releasing the party and confronting the Matron Mother, the Matron would express shock at Viconia's actions. She would say that she planned to restore Viconia's standing amongst the Drow and invite her into her own house...why throw that away? Viconia would say nothing and begin the attack.

Afterwards, however, the player could question Viconia about this. Viconia would be reluctant to speak, but would confess that the thought...the very possibility...of going back to the life she knew took her over, made her do something rash. She realizes, though, that she never enjoyed life amongst the drow...and now truly no longer belongs here. It is a realization that does not sit well with her. The player can turn her out here, as well.
(There was also some talk that Viconia would betray the party but not change her mind unless the romance was active...with the small number of NPC's, though, that didn't seem like a good idea).

The mini-quest is actually something that was fully-written but cut. Some of you might have wondered why a priest of Beshaba, of all things, would be burning a drow. Sure...rabble-rousing might be reason enough for a Beshaban...but there was originally something more specific. In the Beshaban priest's original dialogue, he named Viconia a murderer and a 'monster'. Viconia denies this, of course...and she's not lying, so far as she knows.

Viconia had two dialogues that would take place after resting in the city. The first time, she would express fatigue and wonder at the head-aches she has been having. Short dialogue but expressive her disturbed state. The second would have her waking up in horror and finding blood all over herself. She thinks she knows what has occurred, though. On the way to Athkatla, Viconia was attacked by wolves...she drove them off but was bitten, and thinks she may have contracted lycanthropy...the player could kick her out in disgust, and she would be furious at the lack of assistance. Or the player could offer to help her...all she can think of, however, is going to the priests of Oghma for help. They can only direct the party to Ribald (yes, the guy in the Adventure Mart). Ribald will be quite amused by the whole thing...and while he knows a remedy to relieve Viconia's condition, he doesn't have any wolfsbane. This would require another short quest (which had not been written) to acquire.

In the mean-time, if the party remained in the city, an Athkatlan guard would approach and try to arrest Viconia for murder, saying that she was witnessed killing several people nights before. The party could let Viconia be taken away or fight to help her. Either way, Viconia will turn into a werewolf and kill the guard. In disgust, Viconia would leave the party and wait in the graveyard...if the party can get the wolfsbane and get a remedy, she will re-join. Otherwise, Viconia miserably remains in the graveyard for up to two weeks before disappearing permanently.
And that's that.

NEXT EPISODE: While I'd be tempted to recount the whole Suna Seni thing, that's already been done. So, instead, I'll present 'Mazzy in Trademeet', 'Jan's Missing Inventions' and 'Keldorn's Old Friend'.

David Gaider
Design, Bioware corp.

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
FAQ's
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2004, 09:41:39 PM »
Q: What do I need to use this MOD?
A: Unfinished Business will require Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn with the latest Bioware/Interplay patches. We also strongly encourage the installation of the Baldurdash Fixpack as well. Please refer to the links page for URLs of these items.

Q: Where did you find the information on these cut quests?
A: Most of our information came from scouring the 'net for any post made by David Gaider or other members of the Bioware BG2 design team. Some of the posts were sketchy, and we had to fill in the details, but hopefully our efforts are not that far off from the vision of the designers. The remainder of the information came from delving deep in the dialog and script files for the game. There are many remnants of creatures and conversations that hint at things that were planned, but never implemented.

Q: Will this MOD add new quests to the Throne of Bhaal expansion?
A: Currently, no new content has been added to the Throne of Bhaal (ToB) portion of the game. There are several quests that were cut from ToB, and perhaps will be developed for future versions of the MOD. Details about ToB cut components are a bit harder to find, so if you know of any, please post the details at the forum.

Q: Why did you decide to develop this MOD?
A: The inspiration behind this MOD's development springs from my borderline obsessive-compulsive desire for things to be complete... heh. Seriously, though, I was a bit frustrated after playing the game and seeing so many loose ends, as well as reading posts from the internet describing things that the developers had to cut due to time restraint. Coupled with my desire to learn how to write code, my inspiration turned into action, and the MOD was born.

Q: Who is behind Unfinished Business's development?
A: The MOD was started by myself, Erik Manning (a.k.a. icelus). Shortly after my announcement of the MOD's entering production, Guillaume LeBlanc (a.k.a. Barren Fischa) joined the team as the self-proclaimed "Crazed BG2 Reasearcher." Following her desire to write the Minsc quest, Wendy Yung (a.k.a. Cliffette) also joined the team, adding her formidable conversation skills. Also of note are the many beta testers and Forgotten Wars forum members who have given much inspiration, information, and consideration to this project.

Q: Is it OK to add content to my own mod that plays off of new content/characters added by UB?
A: Yes, please feel free to do so.

Q: What items have been restored with this mod?
A: There were actually less than we initially believed, but as of the current release, the restored items are as follows:
  • Gloves of Missile Snaring
  • Boots of the West
  • Shazzellim, Scimitar +1
  • Bala's Axe
  • Taragarth, Bastard Sword +1
  • Wolfskin Bag
  • Websack Wand
  • Wraithform spell

Q: Why isn't Valygar in his cabin?
A: Valygar will only appear in his cabin if you have followed one of the two paths to find him. Seek out Suna Seni or Llarsh the tax collector.

Q: Where is Unger's lost brother, Gorje, hiding?
A: Lost in Shadow, I'm afraid. Perhaps the Sun will light your way...

Q: No, really... where is Gorje?!?
A: Try the Temple of Amaunator.

Q: Where can I find the Restored Items?
A: We tried to place the items in places that made at least a little sense. None of them should be too difficult to find. Nevertheless, here is the list:

• Gloves of Missile Snaring: Given to Anishai in Mae'var's Guild
  • Boots of the West: Given to Derrick, the ranger outside Valygar's Cabin
  • Shazzellim, Scimitar +1: In the home of Prebek-a notable Zhent-in the Docks District
  • Bala's Axe: In the engine room of the Planar Sphere
  • Taragarth, Bastard Sword +1: On Greyhand's corpse
  • Wolfskin Bag: Given to the Beastmaster of the Copper Coronet
  • Websack Wand: Given as an additional reward for helping Pai'Na (and not by killing her)
  • Wraithform spell: In stock at the Pen and Parchment store in the Adventurer's Mart
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 07:29:58 PM by icelus »

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
Compatibility
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2004, 09:43:15 PM »
Please refer to the modlist for links to information on the mods listed below.

LARGER/NON-WEIDU MODS
  • Baldur's Gate Trilogy - UNKNOWN
  • The Big Picture - PARTIAL
  • Count the Bodies - UNKNOWN
  • The Darkest Day - UNKNOWN
  • Exnem's Items - COMPATIBLE§
  • Nalia's Romance - COMPATIBLE
  • Neverending Journey - COMPATIBLE
  • Shadows Over Soubar - UNKNOWN
  • Tortured Souls - UNKNOWN

WEIDU MODS
  • Alassa - COMPATIBLE
  • Anishai - COMPATIBLE
  • Ascencion - COMPATIBLE
  • Ashes of Embers - COMPATIBLE
  • BagBonus - COMPATIBLE
  • Banter Packs - COMPATIBLE
  • BG2 Refinements - COMPATIBLE
  • Cal-Culator - COMPATIBLE
  • Cassius - COMPATIBLE
  • Chloe - COMPATIBLE
  • Cleric Remix - COMPATIBLE
  • Dark Ritual - COMPATIBLE
  • Desecration of Souls - COMPATIBLE§
  • Dungeon Be Gone - COMPATIBLE
  • Ease of Use - COMPATIBLE¹
  • eSeries - COMPATIBLE
  • Expanded Thief Stronghold - COMPATIBLE
  • Flirt Packs - COMPATIBLE
  • Freedom's Reign/Reign of Virtue - COMPATIBLE
  • G3 Tweak Pack - COMPATIBLE
  • Ghareth - COMPATIBLE
  • gMinion - COMPATIBLE
  • Hessa - COMPATIBLE
  • Imoen Romance - COMPATIBLE
  • Improved Battles - COMPATIBLE
  • Improved Horns of Valhalla - COMPATIBLE
  • Improved Oasis II - COMPATIBLE
  • Item Upgrade - COMPATIBLE
  • Kelsey - COMPATIBLE
  • Kiara/Zaiya - COMPATIBLE
  • Morituri Kit - COMPATIBLE
  • Ninafer - COMPATIBLE
  • Oversight - COMPATIBLE
  • Redemption - COMPATIBLE
  • Revised Hell Trials - COMPATIBLE
  • Rogue Rebalancing - COMPATIBLE
  • Silverstar - COMPATIBLE
  • SimDing0's Tweak Pack - COMPATIBLE
  • Solaufein - COMPATIBLE
  • The Sorcerer's Place Collection - COMPATIBLE
  • Spell 50 - COMPATIBLE
  • Subrace - COMPATIBLE
  • Tactics - COMPATIBLE²
  • Tashia - COMPATIBLE
  • Turnip Golem Encounter - COMPATIBLE
  • Valen - COMPATIBLE
  • Virtue - COMPATIBLE
  • Volcano Pack - COMPATIBLE
  • Xan for BG2 - COMPATIBLE

BETAS
  • Elai - COMPATIBLE
  • Horace - COMPATIBLE
  • Krondor - COMPATIBLE
  • Morgan - COMPATIBLE
  • Neh'taniel - COMPATIBLE

§ = Recommended to be installed BEFORE Unfinished Business

¹ = Incompatible with the Bonus Merchants component of EoU v24 and prior.  Version 25 resolved the compatibility problem.

² = Possible incompatibility with the Gnome Illusionist and Improved Random Encounters components of Tactics.  Issues should be resolved beginning with Tactics v17.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2005, 04:02:08 AM by SimDing0™ »