Author Topic: Another problems with Solaufein -- sheala  (Read 5778 times)

Offline Kismet

• Devil's Minion #5
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Veni; Vidi; Velcro.
    • Pocket Plane Group
Another problems with Solaufein -- sheala
« on: May 20, 2004, 10:02:24 PM »
Can you please help me ? My Solaufein crashes after he has second level up, or after progressing the romance to killing the spiders ... some time after it game crashes. Another problem is that I cant get him back after battle with undead Solaufein I didnt think he is ment to vanish from game after it!

He 's a great characeter and I absolutely love him to have in my party, so I am very dissapointed with it. And of course my game is patched with official patch and with baldurdash .

If you have a look around the rooms near where you confronted Bodhi and Solaufein you should find some clues about how to get sola back.

Spoilers Below

You must take Bodhi's black heart and Solaufein's body to the ruined temple of Amaunator, the sun god. If you haven't already started or completed the Umar Hills quest, talk to Delon in the Government district (he should be outside the council building). Inside the temple you will find a statue of Amaunator, and the description says that it looks as if it is waiting for something to be put in its arms. Place Bodhi's heart and Sola's body in its arms, and you will be reuinted with your drow buddy.

weimer
Can you tell me a little bit more about this crashing?

sheala
Game crashes some time after solafein has level up and I "level up" him (second level up I think, his first level up is after he meets the party) . It crashes everytime in this situation. (First i thought that my CDs are scratched but they arent. ) It also crashes some time after killing the revenge spiders and after the "walking under leaves" speech. (but i am not sure with it. ) It crashes at every location
My patches are offfiicial BG II patch and baldurdash.
no other mods, but there is a porting into Czech language which i dont use but my room mate did (sola mod dont work with it for obvious reasons), there is a option use Cech language or uninstall it so I play with uninistalled Czech.
Well one thing i can do .. reinstall game again maybe the Czech language porting, even not active, may do such problems.

weimer
You are the only one to report that particular problem, and it does sound like a game file corruption thing.

Some others do occasionally report a "the game crashes when Solaufein is about to banter with someone" ... but I've never heard of the game crashing when you try to level him up (which is under the control of the game engine, not the mod).

I'm loathe to do it, but here it is:

http://weidu.org/ultimate-solution.html

I'll be quite surprised if it doesn't solve your problem. Keep us posted.
Cailean - An archer NPC for the insatiably nosy!  Guaranteed more fun than shampooing cats!

Phantazm

Re: Another problems with Solaufein -- sheala
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2005, 09:07:24 AM »
Heh, it's kinda funny. I ran into that same problem. Not the level up one, but after I beat the Revenge spiders, my game kept crashing. It's good that I've finally found a way to fix it, 'cause I didn't want to get rid of Salaufein. He's a sweet character, and I was looking forward to how it would turn out. Hopefully, this solution will work. XD

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: