Author Topic: *spoilers* Sample PC Init Dialog (Romance only) - Edited 10/18/04  (Read 26326 times)

Offline Kismet

• Devil's Minion #5
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Veni; Vidi; Velcro.
    • Pocket Plane Group
Here's an example of one of the flirty dialog options. You'll only be able to ask Cailean this if you're romancing him.

This is an edited version of the dialog originally posted (which follows this version).  Please tell us what you think about the changes.

NOTE: The format is slightly different, as this version had been coded.

--------------------------------------

Color1_2

C:  ~That's a strange question, even for you.  Why do you need to know?~

P1:  ~Just curious.~ + Color1_3

P2:  ~What's the difference?  Just answer the question!~ + Color1_4

P3:  ~I don't *need* to know.  I *want* to know.  There's a difference.~  + Color1_3

Color1_3

C:  ~It's just that... well, it just seems like an odd question to ask someone you're traveling with.~
~ Of course, I've never adventured with anyone but my Aunt so maybe I'm hopelessly backwards. I can't imagine my Aunt ever asking something like that... and she asked some questions that made you think twice. ~
~For instance, she would ask everyone who joined with her what they wanted on her headstone.  At first, it seemed morbid but after a while I thought of it as comforting.  No matter where you fell, you would never be alone since you had words you loved with you always.~

P1:  ~I just want to know your favorite color.  I have no hidden agenda.~  + Color1_4

P2:  ~You find that comforting?  I find it anything but.~  +Color1_11

P3:  ~I wasn't planning on having a deep, meaningful discussion with you but now you've piqued my curiosity.  Why don't you go ahead and tell me what you want on your tombstone.~ +Color1_8

P4:  ~And if she would have asked you your favorite color, it would have been...~  +Color1_4

Color1_4

C:  ~Green.  My favorite color is green.~
  = ~Do I pass the test or do I need to try again?~

P1:  ~Sorry, there's no second chances for you.  You're out of the party.  Just leave your equipment with me and hit the road.  Kidding!~ +Color1_7

P2:  ~I like green, as well.  Do you realize that the green of your eyes put emeralds to shame?~ +Color1_6

P3:  ~Nope.  Green is as good a color as any.~ +Color1_5

Color1_5

C:  ~Well, I'm glad you approve.  I'd hate to get on your bad side.  Who knows what you might demand to know next... you're so unpredictable.~
= ~You really keep me on my toes, <CHARNAME>.~

Color1_6

C:  ~Heh, you flatter me, <CHARNAME>.~

Color1_7

C:  ~Argh!  I *knew* I should have said blue!  Everyone likes blue!~

Color1_8

C:  ~I don't really like to dwell on it but Aunt Leandra always said it was best to be prepared.  I figure I'll be buried back in the little village where I was born.  But I can't decide what I want on my headstone.  I used to think "beloved son of Danica and Idris" was just about all I needed.  Then I figured I could put "archer" there as well... why not?  It's part of who I am.~
   = ~Then I was thinking of a poem but I'm not all that well versed in poetry.  Pretty much the only poem that sticks in my mind is, "let us live suddenly without thinking under honest trees".  I can't remember the rest but it always seemed so beautiful to me.~

P1: ~That's a fine sentiment.~ + Color1_9

P2:~Yuck!  What a load of sentimental pap!  I hate when men show their sensitive sides!~ + Color1_10

P3:  ~(You blink rapidly, overcome by emotion.) Oh... that was beautiful!~ +Color1_12

Color1_9

C:  ~Thank you, <CHARNAME>.~

Color1_10

C:  ~Well, I hate when women show their nasty sides.  So I guess we're even.~

Color1_11

C:  ~Well, everyone dies sometime.  Umm, which I imagine you find even less comforting.  Sorry.~

Color1_12

C:  ~I should have just told you that my favorite color is green.~

--------------------------------------

Original Version

P4: [RA=1] ~What's your favorite color?~ [to block 23]

[Block 23]

C: ~Excuse me? Did I hear you correctly? Did you just ask me what my favorite color is?~ [to block 24]

[BLOCK 24]

C: ~In all my years of adventuring, I have never once had the leader of the party I was in ask me what my favorite color is. Of course, I never adventured with anyone but my Aunt so maybe it is a normal question. But I don't recall her ever asking anyone... I think I would have remembered that. She did ask everyone where they wanted to be buried, though, and what they wanted on their headstone. Is this a roundabout way of asking me that?~

P1: ~No. I want to know what your favorite color is.~ [to block 25]

P2: ~Don't be morbid. I just want to know what your favorite color is.~ [to block 25]

P3: ~Hmm, I really didn't want this to be a heavy conversation but now I'm curious. Go ahead and tell me what you want on your headstone.~ [block 28]

[Block 25]

C: ~Green. Is that okay?~

P1: ~There's no right or wrong answers; you like what you like.~ [to block 26]

P2: ~No, it's not. You're out of the group. I'm just kidding! Green's a good a color as any.~ [to block 26]

P3: ~I like green, as well; did you know you that the green of your eyes puts emeralds to shame?~ [to block 27]

[Block 26]

C: ~Well, that's a relief! Sometimes you are the most unpredictable woman, <CHARNAME>. You really keep me on my toes.~ [END]

[Block 27]

C: ~(Cailean looks embarrassed but you wouldn't want it any other way.) Thank you, <CHARNAME>.~ [END]

[Block 28]

C: ~I don't really like to dwell on it either but Aunt Leandra always said it was best to be prepared. I figure I'll be buried back in the little village where I was born. But I'm undecided about what I want on my headstone. I used to think "beloved son of Danica and Idris" was just about all I needed. Then I figured I could put "archer' there as well. But now, I want something else; maybe a poem that tells something about me. But I haven't been able to think of one.~

C: ~All I can think of are poems of how I want to live, not how I want to remembered. I've always liked this one: "let's live suddenly without thinking under honest trees"; I can't remember the rest but it always seemed so beautiful to me. The only hard part is finding the "us".~

P1: ~(You blink rapidly, overcome by emotion.) Oh... that was beautiful!~ [To block 29]

P2: ~That's a fine sentiment. A statement on how you lived your life is as good as anything to go on a headstone.~ [to block 30]

P3: ~Yuck! What a load of sentimental pap! I hate when men show their sensitive sides!~ [END]

[Block 29]

C: ~(Cailean looks aghast at the tears that have welled in your eyes.) I'm sorry. I should have just told you that my favorite color is green.~ [END]

[Block 30]

C: ~It is nice, but I'd like to have the chance to live my life that way first!~ [END]
« Last Edit: October 18, 2004, 09:53:32 AM by St. Josephine »
Cailean - An archer NPC for the insatiably nosy!  Guaranteed more fun than shampooing cats!

Offline V. Lokai

• Doom Cookie
  • Planewalker
    • BGII NPC - Sudar
Re: *spoilers* Sample PC Init Dialog (Romance only)
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2004, 09:26:46 PM »
Maybe it's just me, but nothing in here would make me tear up in the slightest. O_o I think that's kind of an exaggerated reaction.
When All Else Fails, Play Dead

Offline Kismet

• Devil's Minion #5
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Veni; Vidi; Velcro.
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2004, 09:35:55 PM »
Well, me neither really, but every <CHARNAME> is different. :)
Cailean - An archer NPC for the insatiably nosy!  Guaranteed more fun than shampooing cats!

Offline irenicus

• irenicus
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2004, 01:00:20 PM »
btw isnt green for jelousy?

Offline Kismet

• Devil's Minion #5
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Veni; Vidi; Velcro.
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2004, 01:05:09 PM »
btw isnt green for jelousy?

It can imply jealousy, yes.  However, Cailean just likes green because he's a nature boy.

Offline irenicus

• irenicus
  • Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2004, 01:14:17 PM »
my fave colour is grey, got a right telling of from the harpers when i chose that for my answer, maybe ill choise yellow next time haha

Guest-ish

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2004, 10:24:12 PM »
my fave colour is grey, got a right telling of from the harpers when i chose that for my answer, maybe ill choise yellow next time haha

I remember that... as a matter of fact, I once reloaded that scene over and over again just to see what would happen when you picked different replies to see if Gavalrey (whatever his name is) could still accuse you of evil-ness when you said good things.  Consequently, no matter what color you pick, he's going to accuse you of liking it for bad reasons.  Even for yellow, he says: "Aha!  The color of an infection on an unwashed wound!" (or something like that anyway).  Course, this only tells you that the man has serious problems. :P

Offline irenicus

• irenicus
  • Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2004, 10:11:42 AM »

I remember that... as a matter of fact, I once reloaded that scene over and over again just to see what would happen when you picked different replies to see if Gavalrey (whatever his name is) could still accuse you of evil-ness when you said good things. Consequently, no matter what color you pick, he's going to accuse you of liking it for bad reasons. Even for yellow, he says: "Aha! The color of an infection on an unwashed wound!" (or something like that anyway). Course, this only tells you that the man has serious problems. :P

yeah, he is kinda, well, obsessed with wanting to kill the pc, THE BIG MEANIE

Offline irenicus

• irenicus
  • Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2004, 10:13:14 AM »
this may of been posted but anyway heres my question, except the evil girl one, what quest's dose cail have?

Offline Kismet

• Devil's Minion #5
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Veni; Vidi; Velcro.
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2004, 10:31:13 AM »
The second (optional) quest is to help one of Cailean's childhood friends with an project he's been working on.

Offline KIrving

• Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2004, 07:15:26 PM »
Any chance of some more spoilers?  Pretty please with double chocolate chip icecream with extra chocolate shavings on top! :)  (Or maybe even a sample of some lines that operadragon has voiced.)
Look at the stars.
Listen to the rain.
Walk backwards.
Talk to a rock.

Offline St. Josephine

• Planewalker
  • The Patron Saint of Mediocrity
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2004, 11:04:41 PM »
Oooh, you always know how to tempt us!   :P

Actually, what I was thinking of doing was posting the edited version of this dialogue and asking if it was an improvement.  How does that sound?  It's *kinda* like another spoiler. 

And, sorry, there will be no previews of Cailean's voice.  We want it to be a surprise.   :)
Cailean: An archer NPC for the insatiably nosy!

Despite his heartthrob status in real life, Orlando Bloom has consistently functioned as a node of negative energy onscreen, sucking the life force out of all who surround him. --Dana Stevens, Slate.com

Offline irenicus

• irenicus
  • Planewalker
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2004, 05:31:38 AM »
MEANIE, i want to know what he sounds like
*sobs*

Offline KIrving

• Planewalker
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2004, 10:16:15 PM »
Oooh, you always know how to tempt us!   :P
;D

Thanks, I look forward to seeing the edited version.  I don't know about Cailean's voice being a surprise though, I'm terrible with surprises.  I have a bad habit of persistently interrogating my spouse until he gives up birthday surprise secrets. :)

Look at the stars.
Listen to the rain.
Walk backwards.
Talk to a rock.

Offline irenicus

• irenicus
  • Planewalker
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2004, 03:22:27 AM »
but some how they always manage to make mistakes!! (no offence) weather its a spelling mistake or a quest mistake, somthing always gose wrong

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2004, 04:32:12 AM »
weather its a spelling mistake

:)

-Echon

Offline irenicus

• irenicus
  • Planewalker
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2004, 06:40:01 AM »
well ive got a good exscuse im 13 years old!!! and only had 6 years worth of school, why?, i was expelled 7 times

Offline St. Josephine

• Planewalker
  • The Patron Saint of Mediocrity
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2004, 09:57:16 AM »
I don't know about Cailean's voice being a surprise though, I'm terrible with surprises.  I have a bad habit of persistently interrogating my spouse until he gives up birthday surprise secrets. :)

Heh, is that a threat?  ;)
Cailean: An archer NPC for the insatiably nosy!

Despite his heartthrob status in real life, Orlando Bloom has consistently functioned as a node of negative energy onscreen, sucking the life force out of all who surround him. --Dana Stevens, Slate.com

Offline glain

• Got Shirt?
  • Planewalker
  • "Comptonette #1" and Resident Neurosurgeon
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2004, 06:22:13 PM »
well ive got a good exscuse im 13 years old!!! and only had 6 years worth of school, why?, i was expelled 7 times
Actually, it's not a good excuse and it's just a suggestion, but maybe you should spend a little more time checking your words before you post them and try not to get expelled so you can *learn* how to articulate your thoughts in a more appropriate and readable manner.
Beware the evil behind the smiling eyes...

Offline shnurple

• Planewalker
    • Shnurple.com
Re: *spoilers* Sample PC Init Dialog (Romance only) - Edited 10/18/04
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2004, 10:11:45 PM »
any chance we can keep it on a civil level? that is unless you want to explode over weather or not a person can articulate their own thoughts?  ;) say, speaking of the whether, tis bloody hot today!
http://shnurple.com - save us...

Offline Kismet

• Devil's Minion #5
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Veni; Vidi; Velcro.
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2004, 10:16:40 PM »
any chance we can keep it on a civil level? that is unless you want to explode over weather or not a person can articulate their own thoughts?  ;) say, speaking of the whether, tis bloody hot today!

How about we speak about the dialog instead?  Much more interesting than the weather.

Offline glain

• Got Shirt?
  • Planewalker
  • "Comptonette #1" and Resident Neurosurgeon
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2004, 03:51:39 PM »
How about we speak about the dialog instead?  Much more interesting than the weather.
Hear! Hear! ;D

I've read the original and the edited version and I think the edited one feels more complete than the original.  I like the teasing Cailean gets from the PC about choosing the wrong color and his “blue” response.  The only thing I didn’t see as fitting in smoothly was the line about how his eyes put emeralds to shame. Not because it doesn’t fit, but because my PC would never say it.  ;)   
Beware the evil behind the smiling eyes...

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2004, 02:00:59 AM »
Well, YOUR PC has the right to say whatever she wants.   ;)  But I like that response.  My favorite color is green, and I envy my brother for having the emerald as his birthstone.  I also wish my eyes were greener....

But I'll probably choose that "Sorry!  Gotta kick you outta the party!  ...Just kidding!" one for his 'blue' response.   ;D

Well, I think it goes without saying that I'm eagerly awaiting this mod!  I'd like to thank Kismet, St. Josephine, and Operadragon for taking the time to create such a cool (and cute!) character!  (I'll leave it to you three to divide the thanks evenly...   ;))

Offline irenicus

• irenicus
  • Planewalker
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2004, 04:17:52 AM »
i think cailean is taking to long to be brought to the  realms.... hurry up will ya... i have to go to court soon and that means i wont have any time to play games

Offline fallen demon

• Planewalker
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2004, 09:24:24 AM »
I'm sure this is what your doing already, but take your time, get it done well and ignore whatever irenicus is getting arrested for.
"I choose to believe what I was programed to believe."
Futurama quotes rock

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: