Author Topic: Progress? Drow?  (Read 3303 times)

Valheru

Progress? Drow?
« on: January 19, 2004, 06:20:29 AM »
How is Icewind Gate2 Progressing? is it yet complete or near completion I look foreward to seeing it inaction. is there going to be Drow kits in this conversion will people actually act like you are a Drow including Adalon and the Ust Natha quest and the Viconia and Aerie romance should be affetcted well avery character would have to be affected so it is a lot of work if you are including the kit I can help with dialogue.

Trouveur

Progress? Drow?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2004, 03:39:09 PM »
First drow is a subrace not a kit.
Second kits no longer exist in IWD2.
Third this mod only change the engine, it doesn't modify the banters or quests.

Mike

Progress? Drow?
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2004, 09:06:08 AM »
I guess there will be an "Drow character" mod to add those banters. Oddly enought evan IWD2:s original story lacks terribly in this area. It is way to easy to get away with using an drow character. Npc's accept you to easy, this buggs me since I want to have the challange of everyone hating me until I prove to them that I am not there to kill them. Imagine talking a stroll in Jerusalem dressed up an gestapo uniform and you get a hint of what I expect for reaction. The madman in the gestapo uniform can just change clothes to fit in but a drow don't have that option.

Valheru

Progress? Drow?
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2004, 11:34:12 AM »
well I agree but thee is no point in a drow SUBRACE if the world sees you as an elf

James

Progress? Drow?
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2004, 12:39:59 AM »
Well theres hardly a point to removing it either, it'd be a whole lot of trouble I'm sure and a whole waste of time

Valheru

Progress? Drow?
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2004, 07:46:47 AM »
Perhaps not one could change it to another elf kit

Gherald

Progress? Drow?
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2004, 11:44:31 AM »
wrt how development is progressing, I guess I'll ask here rather than start a new thread:

a.) Who is actually working on this project?  (Weimer appears gone, though he still posts to forums like Weidu...)

b.) % done?

c.) I know its next to impossible to estimate a release date (hence the whole "when its done" thing), but when do you suppose things will be far enough along for a public beta (open to all, no email request required) ?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2004, 11:45:27 AM by Gherald »

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • PPG
  • Planewalker
    • The Gibberlings Three IE mod community
Progress? Drow?
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2004, 12:38:50 PM »
a.) Weimer. :)
b.) You can see most of the bugs posted in the forum here. The other issues are balancing.
c.) You'd have to ask him.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2004, 12:40:31 PM by Andyr »
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

Jerr Bear

Progress? Drow?
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2004, 12:53:12 PM »
I guess there will be an "Drow character" mod to add those banters. Oddly enought evan IWD2:s original story lacks terribly in this area. It is way to easy to get away with using an drow character. Npc's accept you to easy, this buggs me since I want to have the challange of everyone hating me until I prove to them that I am not there to kill them. Imagine talking a stroll in Jerusalem dressed up an gestapo uniform and you get a hint of what I expect for reaction. The madman in the gestapo uniform can just change clothes to fit in but a drow don't have that option.
Well, the only reason they accept the Drow Characters so fast is simple, they're in a war.

They need all of the help they can get, after all! Sure, there is prejudice, especially at the begginning if the soldiers outside the boat encounter a Drow PC first out of all of the PCs in a party, but desperate times call to put aside all differences to work toward a more favorable future. Sure, it doesn't always happen, but most people do put aside their differences.

We're also assuming that the Drow PC has his or her head hooded from view.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: