Author Topic: She's fallen and she can't get up!  (Read 3707 times)

Alexander

She's fallen and she can't get up!
« on: December 19, 2003, 10:46:23 AM »
Hey, this is my first post as a registered member. Whoot!

Erm, anyway, to the problem. I've just reached the end of ToB and have fought my way through the ascension and redemption mods and finally managed to wipe out the Five. Mellisan's on the ropes but mysteriously won't die. she just falls to the ground and keeps taking a pounding  :angry:. Obviously I'm none too happy about this, so if anyone can tell me how to stop this it would be greatly appreciated. I'm just about to try reinstalling both mods. Thanx.

P.S. If the only answer is to CLUA her ass into submission then an explanation of how to do that would be appreciated as I don't know that much about how to do that. :)  

Kish

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2003, 11:32:59 AM »
Make sure all the Bhaalspawn who entered battle at Melissan's side are dead--it sounds like Illasera might be hanging around invisibly still.

Failing that, this may be the same bug that sometimes keeps trolls from falling down.  Back off a bit and let her catch her breath, then hit her again if she doesn't fall on her own.

Btw, something about your post tries to sign me in to www.kirith.com whenever I view this thread.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2003, 11:33:19 AM by Kish »

T.G.Maestro

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2003, 01:37:46 PM »
Btw, something about your post tries to sign me in to www.kirith.com whenever I view this thread
The same here.

Sillara of the Tamari

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2003, 03:36:20 AM »
I had that problem before with Shadowcat's posts.  She had to change her avatar.  It was from kirith, too, apparently.  That is probably the problem here.  And, yes, I get that in this thread, too.

Alexander

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2003, 08:42:43 AM »
My avatar did come from Kirith, so I'll just change it to one from a different site. Anyway, thanks for the advice, I'm fairly sure the five were all dead. Illasera was definitely dead as I targeted her first because of her annoying arrows. I did kind of try letting Melissan rest for a while, but I think a lot of that time Immy was bombarding her with arrows. I'll try it again after a reinstall and keep you posted. Now I've just got to kill the Five again :angry: .

Alexander

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2003, 09:54:14 AM »
Update: I reinstalled and played again. This time I killed Illasera straight out using a time trap and whirlwind(my PC was a swashbuckler) and didn't seriously attack Mel until all of the Five were dead. This time it worked fine and I finally got to see Solaufein and Tashia's epilogues. Originally I didn't get the dialogue when all the Five are dead where Mel says she's almost mortal, so I was actually quite shocked when that happened. But anyway, all is well and the bitch is dead whilst my chaotic neutral pirate is going about being all immortal and omnipotent. Thanks for offering tips and advice on the problem, I was afraid I'd have to reinstall everything!

P.S. Uploaded a new avatar from Havak's portraits. Seems to work fine.

jegan

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2004, 01:39:03 AM »
:angry:

I have not found this bug reported yet, maybe it is not even a bug.  Finished off Mellisan, jaheira does her dialogue, then the solar ends hers with something along the lines of 'awaiting my answer'.  At this point, the game exits dialogue mode, and just stays that way.  Mellisan s is just lying there Near Death, and nothing happens.  Even tried attacking the Solar, which just made her mad.  I got her Near Death also, but she would not die.  

Not sure what to do.

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
Re: She's fallen and she can't get up!
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2004, 10:18:05 PM »
Lightning round catch-up. 60 seconds on the clock...GO!

Bookwyrme     
Posted: May 9 2004, 03:13 PM

QUOTE (Kish @ Dec 19 2003, 05:22 PM)
Make sure all the Bhaalspawn who entered battle at Melissan's side are dead--it sounds like Illasera might be hanging around invisibly still.

Failing that, this may be the same bug that sometimes keeps trolls from falling down. Back off a bit and let her catch her breath, then hit her again if she doesn't fall on her own.

Btw, something about your post tries to sign me in to www.kirith.com whenever I view this thread.

I'm having the same problem. Ilessera is around, but she won't die, either. It's driving me nuts!

Suggestions?

Kish    
Posted: May 9 2004, 07:49 PM

Check the ReadMe, it tells you what to do about that bug.

Posted: May 10 2004, 03:19 PM

QUOTE (Kish @ May 9 2004, 07:49 PM)
Check the ReadMe, it tells you what to do about that bug.

Read the instructions that came with the mod? What an odd idea

I ended up using the old stand by of a previous savegame, but--maybe I'll actually go look at more than the "this is how to get started" bit
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: