Author Topic: Problems with Jan...  (Read 2335 times)

Andaar Amberfire

Problems with Jan...
« on: November 04, 2003, 03:10:17 AM »
I'll start of by setting the scene...

So anyway, there I was, running away from the dead bodies of Phaere and Matron Mother Ardulace  :o with my party consisting of:

- Andaar (Lawful Good Cavalier, Male)
- Minsc and Boo
- Viconia (Romantic Interest :wub:)
- Kelsey
- Imoen
- Jan

As I leave the city, Solaufein confronts me about joining the party BEFORE THE DROW ILLUSION SPELL ON MY PARTY CAST BY ADALON HAS DISPELLED due to the fact that his dialogue starts *on sight*.

So I accept Sola into my party and tell Jan to stay put, since that's all he can do in the Underdark. The illusion Adalon had cast on my party is dispelled after I have gone through all the dialogues...problem is that Jan is not in my party when that happens.

After deciding Jan was to endearing to ditch at the gates of Ust Natha, I go back to have him rejoin my party. He joins my party and still looks like a drow. I have tried everything I can think of to fix this including:

- Resting
- Changing areas
- Having him killed and Rezzing him
- Kicking him out of the party to return to the slums and going to collect him again

Even when I check his appearance in ShadowKeeper, he's meant to look like normal Jan. So I suspect that there must be some sort of variable that determines whether your party still has the illusion cast on them, and since he wasn't in the party after doing all the dialogue, the variable didn't tick over for him like it did with the rest of my party... :blink:

Is there anything I can do to fix this? While not debilitating to the game, it's certainly irritating...I prefer Jan's big Gnomish nose to his current brooding Drow features :D

Anyways, sorry about the long-winded post, its a habit of mine.
Ciao
Andaar Amberfire :blink:

Offline Grim Squeaker

• Fallen
  • Planewalker
Problems with Jan...
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2003, 03:15:29 AM »
You want to use the CLUA console to do the following:

ActionOverride("Jan",ApplySpell(Myself,UNDER_NORM))

I can't remember off the top of my head how you do that with the console (as I very rarely use it).
"You alone can make my song take flight..."

Andaar Amberfire

Problems with Jan...
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2003, 04:00:52 AM »
Thank you very much!

I *did* think that peddling turnips was a rather odd profession for a drow.

Toodles
Andaar :blink:

Andaar Amberfire

Problems with Jan...
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2003, 04:50:19 AM »
Oooookay then, I tried that in clua, i think i did it right...but didn't work...not valid lua expression or something i think it was.......Active Stack ()

I typed in exactly:

CLUAConsole:ActionOverride("Jan",ApplySpell(Myself,UNDER_NORM))

No problems with that is there?

Kismet

Problems with Jan...
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2003, 09:08:31 AM »
CLUAConsole:ActionOverride("Jan",ApplySpell(Myself,UNDER_NORM))

That's a script command and not a CLUAConsole command.  I don't think there's a CLUAConsole command for applying a spell (although I'm sure someone will be along really shortly to correct me.)

Andaar Amberfire

Problems with Jan...
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2003, 06:50:08 PM »
Hmm, after some searching of the forums for "drow illusion" I found some old posts on problems with regeneration and drow avatars "stuttering", which was fixed by installing the Ease-Of-Use fix that got rid of the drow avatars.

Maybe installing this could fix it? Oh well, I'll give it a go...

PetiteAngel2

Problems with Jan...
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2003, 07:48:20 PM »
lol that or create the girdle of sex change! :P trust me I did that two cept with Minsc. All you do to get him looking the same is put the girdle on and then get it removed by a priest and he'll be good old Jan in no time :)  

Andaar Amberfire

Problems with Jan...
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2003, 10:40:45 PM »
As Mr Burns says in The Simpsons in Mexico: "Excellente..."

Good thing about putting it on Jan is at least female gnomes have beards too...

As for Minsc, well...I kind of shudder to think of what he would be like as a female...blond jokes anyone? :)

Does Boo get a sex change too? :D

Adios

SilverHuntress

Problems with Jan...
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2003, 02:12:39 PM »
As Mr Burns says in The Simpsons in Mexico: "Excellente..."

Good thing about putting it on Jan is at least female gnomes have beards too...

As for Minsc, well...I kind of shudder to think of what he would be like as a female...blond jokes anyone? :)

Does Boo get a sex change too? :D

Adios
lol that would be good! but no sadly he didnt and just to let you know you can still get Jan to be a guy just get the girdle removed by a priest :P  

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: