Author Topic: Change Sola's avatar  (Read 1851 times)

Chianna

« on: November 14, 2003, 05:01:42 AM »
Hi, Help please,
I cannot seem to get Sola's picture to change in game. It persists in using the original. Renamed my piccies DM041L.bmp (S) for smaller one, replaces the ones in override folder ok but not in the game. What am I doing wrong?  :(  

cirerrek

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2003, 08:55:58 AM »
They would need to be placed in the portraits folder.  If you don't have one, then you will need to create it, as the installation process doesn't create one.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2003, 08:57:02 AM by cirerrek »

Offline Grim Squeaker

• Fallen
  • Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2003, 09:00:45 AM »
No you do want it in your override folder.  Call the file SOLARS.bmp and slap it in your override folder.  Done.
"You alone can make my song take flight..."

Chianna

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2003, 10:29:09 AM »
Hi again,
Tried that still no joy. Let's start from the beginning please;
I have my 2 piccies sitting on my desk top, for want of a better place to put them for now, what do I name them and where do they go? I have done this before with an earlier version of Sola. and had no probs, that is why I cannot understand why it is causing a prob now!
Thanks for any help. ;)  

Offline Grim Squeaker

• Fallen
  • Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2003, 11:44:31 AM »
Ok I am fool!  I put the name for the Solar!  For Solaufein take the larger picture and rename it DM041L.bmp.  For the smaller one rename it DM041S.bmp.  Copy and paste these into your 'override'.  Now if you uninstall Sola or end up reinstalling him then the picture will revert.  If you wish to prevent this then also paste your new portraits into 'solarom' directory.

NB: The picture on your saved game will not change as that is saved into the folder of the particular saved game.  If load that saved game and resave however it will change to your new portrait.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2003, 11:48:28 AM by Grim Squeaker »
"You alone can make my song take flight..."

Chianna

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2003, 09:32:10 AM »
Thank you, thank you Grim Squeaker. Everything A.OK. now. Changed in solarom too just in case.  B)  :D

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: