Author Topic: Flirt ideas, part two  (Read 96820 times)

Dancer Fitz

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2003, 06:40:56 PM »
My drow knowledge comes for the Salvatore books mostly, esp. Dark Elf trilogy, so any relationship conflict expressed in the flirts would be based on that.  Still, I would only just graze it in the flirt since the assumption seems to be that big issues like that are known but not a point of make-or-break, like in the original bioware romances where if your male PC was human, the long-lived girls didn't bring it up.  It would just add character to the flirt repertoire, not a whole new dimension.

Mistress Elysia

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2003, 07:00:28 PM »
Evenin' all!
OK, this is really rough, I have never written dialogue quite like this and I am likely to get confused, so please be patient (and gentle!). I have actually had 2 ideas for light / early flirts, one around the card game concept, and something a bit more playful.
OK, deep breath!  :unsure:

Like I said before, the card (or what ever) game would probably be a before sleep / relaxing with the rest of the party situation. It would probably be initiated by another NPC (I thought Imoen might be a nice idea, but that's just because I never have the heart to kick her out).

(OK, time to stop babbling!!)

Imoen: Ok, whos up for a game of cards? How about you, <charname>? Solaufein?

Sola: I am...unsure. I do not know how to play any surfacer games.

PC:
1) That's OK, we'll help you pick it up. (see response A1)
2) That's OK, I can teach you how to play, just watch me. (see response A2)
3) Not a good idea. I'm really tired. Maybe Imoen could show you for the future (end).

Sola A1): Are you sure? I do wish to learn more about your customs.
A2 (same as above except..) I won't put you off, will I?

PC:
A*) *laugh* It's not really a custom, just a game. Something to do for fun.
B*) It's not a custom, just a pass-time. Mostly its about learning the rules with a huge measure of luck thrown in. A bit like real life, really *grin*.

<Imoen deals the cards, and in order for him to see your hand, Solaufein settles himself behind and just to the right of you.>
1) <show him your cards, leaning towards him to explain their significance> (see 1a)
2) <lean back slightly so that your back is lightly touching his chest, and then explain your hand to him.> (see 2a)
3) <Lean forward slightly and tell him just to watch.> (see 3a)

Sola:
1a) <sola leans a little close to you and listens. He doesn't interrupt you, but you can tell by his expression that you are commanding all of his attention.> (see 1b)
2a) <You feel sola tense slightly, obviously unsure how to react to your close proximity in a group setting. He does not move away, however.>(see 1b and 2b)
3a) <Sola sits back slightly and just watches, only asking questions if they are directly relevant to something you have done.> (see 3b)

PC
1b) <Keep close, keeping him up to date with what you are doing, answering his questions. He seems genuinely interested in learning how to play, and as he starts to relax, you feel him move his arm behind you. A few moments later, you feel a tentative arm snake loosely around you waist.> (see 1c and 2c)
2b) <move away from him. He is obviously uncomfortable> (see 3c)
3b) <Play a few more hands, and then make up an excuse to leave.> (end).

1c) <accept his proto-embrace, blushing ever so slightly!> "See it's not hard, is it. Maybe you should have a go?" *smile*. (see 1d)
2c) <shift your weight slightly to shrug off the slightly too-intimate gesture> (see above 3b to end).
3c) <you feel a light, almost imperceptable tug on you arm, obviously indicating that your initial position was, in fact, acceptable. You turn your head slightly to regard Solaufein, who just smiles back and immediately asks you to re-iterate a point you have already been over once before. (see 1b above, continue that thread).

1d
Sola: No, my Lady / Lord. You continue. I am learning a great deal from where I am. You seem to enjoy this... game quite a lot.

PC: <tilt head up and to one side slightly, so to see Solaufein more easily>. "Yes, I do rather enjoy this game. It's a... nice way to pass the time. If you want, I could teach you some more of the rules later, so you can join in a little more next time we play?"

Sola: <holds your gaze for a while> "..... I should like that, <charname>.

Whew! Sorry, it really goes on for a bit, doesn't it?! It's only a work in progress, and if any one feels that can improve, feel free. I wanted it to be a "testing the water" kind of flirt, if you get my meaning, more about little gestures than conversation. I've got another one thats a little more playful, but again would be more for the "still feeling slightly awkward" phase of the relationship. So I'll stop babbling again.

SETTING: Walking thru a woodland area (ie, one with trees!")

PC: Oh, look, apples! They'd certainly make a welcome change from trail rations. I hope they're ripe. Solaufein, give me a boost.

Sola: *looks slightly confused* A 'boost', <charname>?

PC
1) yes, a boost. Ypu know, help me get up into those branches? They're just a little out of reach. The best apples tend to be higher up, where passing wildlife can't.. (notices Solaufein smiling)...I'm babbling, aren't I? (see a1)
2) Yes, a boost. To help me reach the apples.*smile* (see b1)
3) *rolls eyes* yes, a boost. don't you know anything? To help me reach those branches. *points them out* (see c1)

Sola:
a1) *smiles* yes, a little. But I have a lot to learn, so I don't mind. So you wish me to lift you to those branches above us? (see desc 1)
b1) So you wish me to lift you to those branches above us. Hmm, alright. (see desc 1)
c1) As you wish *looks slightly hurt*. (see c2 and c3

PC:
c2) *looking apologetic*. I'm so sorry, Solaufein. I keep forgetting. * smile encouragingly* will you help me? please? (see desc 1)
c3) Oh, forget it. I'll get someone else to help. <leave> (end)

Desc 1
<Solaufein braces himself against the trunk of the tree as you remove your boots. Using him as an impromptu ladder, Solaufein helps you up into the branches of the tree. The apples look ripe and sweet, so you gather as many as you can fit into your belt pouch. Only then do you realise that the branch you climbed up on to is much higher up than you had anticipated>.

PC: Uh, Solaufein....

Sola: Yes, <charname>? Are you alright? *looks slightly concerned*.

PC: It's OK, I just might need some help, err, getting out of this, um, tree. It's just a bit higher that I had originally thought...

<Solaufein raises one eyebrow questioningly, and then smiles in a slighty wicked way....>
Sola: Afraid of heights, My Lady / Lord?

PC: NO! Well, maybe just a little....look, are you going to help me or not?

<Solaufein gives you a slight bow, still smiling rather wickedly. His eyes haven't left you.>

Sola: As you wish. Can a expect a reward for such a gallant gesture?

PC: *blushes slighty* That depends...

<He stretches his hands up towards you, so that if you lean forward over the branch on your stomach, you can just about reach them. This, however, is not going to help you get down.>

Sola: *laughs* This really isn't going to work, My Lady / Lord. Try feet first, and I will endeavour to catch you.

PC: Endeavour?! *looks slightly worried*

Sola: "Trust me".

<You turn around and carefully lower yourself feet first over the branch. You feel Solaufein catch them>.

Sola: Alright, I have you. Now push off, and I shall catch you.

PC: Y..you sure? Okay, here I go...

< You close your eyes and push off the branch. For a split second you are in free fall, which unnerves you considerably. Then you feel a pair of strong arms envelope you, breaking your fall. You open your eyes, and are met by Solaufeins. He is still smiling, and holds you for just a little longer than absolutely necessary. You try to supress a shiver, and the beginnings of a blush make you feel hot and slightly uncomfortable. It is not, however, an unpleasant feeling.>

Sola: See? Safe and sound. * grins*.

<you swat Solaufeins shoulder playfully in mock indignation, but he easily catches your hand, laughing. Rolling your eyes, you take an apple out of your belt pouch, buff it on the front of your tunic and take a bite. It is sweet and tart at the same time, and incredibly juicy.>

Sola: <leans in closer to you> Does it taste as good as looks?

<you nod, and offer him the apple. Rather than taking it from you, he leans even closer, gently holds your wrist and takes a bite, but never takes his eyes off you. After savouring the taste, he nods thoughtfully.>

PC: Good, no?

Sola: <he is still looking at you intently. Just as the pause starts to become unbearable, he answers>."....Definitely."

:P Well, they went on forever! I'm really sorry for taking up what seems like way too much space! Again, if anyone can improve, great. I never realised how hard these were!!

Umm, I'll go now and hide. And stop babbling.

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2003, 07:14:35 PM »
Firstly, Unregistered guest, REGISTER NOW!!! Or I will send my muse after you, and right now she's on a super-duper sugar-high so BEWARE!!!!

Shian, I do so enjoy a degree of anonimity sometimes, though I would love to see a muse high on sugar... and a very good muse at that! The consolation flirt is very sweet. No pun intended, lol.

this card flirt is really interesting, but what about those of us, who have no idea how to play cards ourselves? Maybe an option when the "third party" can teach both Sola and PC? Then they will be both novices...Just a thought.

And to end this windy post on something creative...This may have been done already, but just for the pleasure of it and it goes well with the drow-specific stuff. It is a rather early flirt, and I tried to give a few more answers to each option, though I do not know if it works good as a repetitive flirt. But after all, if there are a few options at least one should not suck too badly, right? Any opinions and critique are welcome of course:

The other day someone yelled “A drow!” after the group. There was hatred and fear in this voice and in many muffled whispers that followed. The mob was perhaps discouraged by the dangerous look inherent to your companions or perhaps you have passed out of sight quickly enough. You were not attacked and not a single word was spoken about the incident. Yet, since that happened you have noticed that Solaufein pulls the hood of his cloak lower. His face is hidden, so it is difficult to know if sadness in his eyes is imaginary or real.

PC:

1)   Q: *You place you palm on Solaufein’s shoulder * My friend, let me share a tale with you. Once, I have fought a perilous battle. I stopped a war between two nations. Alas, in the course of the encounter I found out that I fought my own brother, and that we both were sired by an accursed god – Bhaal.  The mob fears me now, and most probably hates me to no lesser degree than my former foe, my brother. And I…

A1: And you…You do what you need to do and what you want to do, and you do not care of the snake’s hiss in the tall grass. Indeed, <CHARNAME>, that sounds like the only way. You are a very sensitive person to notice what I was thinking of and to what conclusion I came.
A2: *Solaufein places his narrow palm over yours and says quietly, only for your ears to hear * <CHARNAME>, I know that there is at least one person who will never judge me a murderer of the worst kind on sight. While this holds true, while you trust me, I can ignore the enmity of others.
A3: My friend, you have noticed my unease, but you have assigned it to the wrong source. I am worried that an alliance with me will add to the list of the imaginary sins the world assigns you. <CHARNAME>, I…I treasure your company, but I will part with you because I treasure it so. I am afraid that makes little sense.

2)   Q: You know, Solaufein, I was thinking about drow, and about you…and I concluded that “drow” does not describe you. I would rather call you Ilythiri, my friend.

A1: Ilythiri does not describe me either, <CHARNAME>. An Elf of the South I am not. I was born after Lloth seduced my people, and my life was a search for the way to the surface, to the light, while Ilythiri in their last days looked for the darkness and the way down. You can call me a “drow”, my friend, just do not hate me simply for being one.
A2: Too many lies are between Ilythiri and me. I do not know anything about what the ancestors of my people were and if they believed in things, I believe in. I wish I knew more. Mayhap, one day when I will have time on my hands and welcome from the surfacers I could search their libraries for clues and answers.
A3: Call me Solaufein, my friend. There was time, when I tried to be a proper drow, and I could not. There were times when I had to become a weapon master in order to survive, I achieved it, and then I threw it away. There were times when all I wanted to be was a lover, but it was taken from me. But I always was Solaufein.
A4: * Solaufein kisses <CHARNAME>’s check lightly * It is a sweet thought my friend, but I am one of my people. I am a drow, if of a different sort, unknown yet to the surfacers, but existing. I am proud to belong to that kind.

3)   Q: * On impulse, you walk briskly toward Solaufein and draw his hood down. The snow-white hair cascade down your fingers, and the tilted eyes look at you with a mixture of wander and joy. * I will not have my companions hiding their faces. We answer for our deeds, not for the way we look! I am * proud * that you are in * my * group, and I want the whole world to know it! Do you hear me?
A1: Yes, my friend, but the sun can still hurt my eyes and… * Solaufein smiles tryingly at <CHARNAME>. * I can stand a bit of a sun of course. As you wish…And thank you, my friend.
A2: And I am proud to be your companion, my amazing <CHARNAME>.
A3: I do not want the shadows of my people to extinguish the light in your eyes, <CHARNAME>. I can take much shame and pain, but I will not have it reflect on you.

4)   Q: Solaufein…it is not my business, and you may think me an awfully nosy sort, but…there is a weight on your brow. If you share your sorrow with me, I will gladly take some away from you.

A1: * Solaufein traces your brow gently * There is too much on this brow already. I rather will make it arch in pleasant surprise than furrow because I have been weak of heart.
A2: My gentle friend, you already took away all my sorrows. I meditated on whether I will ever be able to arise trust in a surfacer, and your concern answers “yes” to this question.
A3: * Solaufein’s arms ring your shoulders, not quite touching you. * Stay here for a moment, <CHARNAME >. I want to imagine that the whole world is only you, me and nothing else.
A4: An angry word wounded me, <CHARNAME>, and I am a fool for that. Hatred and fear, which exists toward my people, saved many lives, lives of good men, women and children. I should be grateful that it exists. I  find it hard to face the spear point of  it all alone. Your attention and your kind words are what I need and I drink of them thirstily.

Dancer Fitz

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2003, 08:48:09 PM »
Elysia: Ooh, I like the cards flirt.  Makes me tingly.  I know Weimer wrote Sola different from most drow, but should he be making a blatant early move like holding the PC, or would he just stare intently at the PC; maybe only put his arm around him/her once he/she has made first contact?
   The apple flirt is good, but probably not repeatable; more one-time, Sola-initiated flirt.  Also seems too PC personality-specific: Cute responses, general uncertainty about being stuck in tree, where some PCs may be b**a**'s who say, "Screw this, I'm jumpin!"  I think your dialogue is fine, but it needs more options for less playful PCs.  I liked reading it, so keep it up! :D (starting to sound like Tsuru...)
Guest:  Yah!  There's some great dialogue in there! *I will not have companions hiding faces..too much on this brow already..one person who will never judge me..etc* Seems like a timed flirt, to pop up only once in the relationship(so you're right, not repeatable).  Some of it might clash with Weimer's original dialogue/Sola's 'philosophizing' about who he is, like what to call Sola, but the assertion of trust and friendship, info on Sola's background/group, so on is nice.
That's all my comments.  Any refute/agree/new stuff?

Shian

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2003, 08:51:03 PM »
Shian, I do so enjoy a degree of anonimity sometimes, though I would love to see a muse high on sugar... and a very good muse at that! The consolation flirt is very sweet. No pun intended, lol.

Fine then, sign up as "Unregistered User" or "Guest" or maybe "Anonymous" :P

*high fives muse* Awesome, people are coming with ideas now! My muse musta bugged everyone else's into action! :P j/k

Gonna read the card flirt as soon as I have the time, (never procrastinate your homework on a Sunday! :blink:) but I'm sure it's cute.

~Edited~ Moved the flirt I had posted here to the Sola initiated topic thingy . . .
« Last Edit: November 05, 2003, 04:15:47 PM by Shian »

Mistress Elysia

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2003, 05:47:29 AM »
Mornin'

*Big sigh of relief*. You have no idea how nervous I was when I posted that! I thought I'd be totally panned and told never to darken your doors again! Like I said, both flirts are really basic. Unfortunatly, being a hopeless romantic, completely flakey and absolutely terrified of heights, I do tend to initially write how I would possibly respond. I suppose for the 'jumpers' out there, Sola could respond with concern. Could then go for cocky "see? Nothin' wrong with me!" act, or even a devious "ouch, seemed to have hurt my ankle, could you rub it better for me....." (oh, I've NEVER tried that one on before....).

With the cards one, I did come up with some more PC initiated stuff, where Sola is the one who is playing, and the PC helps him. Sort of reverses the roles, really, which might be a better idea. The PC doesn't actually have to be any good at the game, as it's all meant to be just a bit of fun. Let me work on it a bit more an see what my muse can come up with (ha ha!! I could listen to Muse at the same time!! (*groan* ;) ...sorry, not very funny....)

I do like Anonymous, mystery person, guest (It is a lot easier with a signature!!!) ideas about prejudice, and how to cope with them. I just wondered what would happen if any hot-headed Bhaalspawn out there would do the "whats your problem??" and deck them response!! (hey, it's a staple response where I live...unfortunately). I don't imagine Sola would be very grateful, and could lead to some interesting tension. I don't know. Thinking out loud again, ignore me!  :)

I have actually had another game idea (I like games..) something again for quite early on (look, I have to approach the heavy stuff at an oblique angle, so I don't possibly realise that I'm doing it!! In my (as of yet unpublished, but we shall see...) I have written extreme violence, torture and even birth (!) scenes, but all that hot 'n' heavy innuendo needs about a half bottle of scotchs' worth of help to come out!). In my 'real life' (err, Sunday afternoon) party, we play silly games like word association and eye spy to REALLY annoy our DM (y'know, "I spy with my little eye, something beginning with ...S! Err, Sword!!! Yep! Your turn..." you have no idea how irritating this can be after about 10 mins 'cos our DM hasn't organised himself properly...he he he) Now where was I?? (Note to self..stop meandering!!) ANYWAY, (slaps own face repeatedly) I would imagine that close parties would play little games whilst on the road, and this could be an "NPC (most likely to be Imoen, if shes in your party) slightly teasing PC about obvious Drow facsination by playing word association games." I wouldn't intend Sola to get it initially, but it could be progressed over time. Dunno. Have to work on it some more.
*trundles off, picks up blue ideas book*. Be back in a mo!! (You have been warned.... :( )
(Edited due to complete inability to spell correctly  :lol: )
« Last Edit: November 03, 2003, 05:49:19 AM by Mistress Elysia »

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2003, 09:13:09 AM »
Seems like a timed flirt, to pop up only once in the relationship(so you're right, not repeatable). Some of it might clash with Weimer's original dialogue/Sola's 'philosophizing' about who he is, like what to call Sola...

Yes, I know, that's a part of the reason why so many options for a one-time flirt - easy come, easy go. I tend to imagine Solaufein slightly more drow than he comes across in the mod. Maybe because his in-game version reminds me of Zaknafein and I like this association.

I just wondered what would happen if any hot-headed Bhaalspawn out there would do the "whats your problem??" and deck them response!!

Well, I sort of intended pull the hood down" response in that way, but of course much more forward options can be added  :D

an "NPC (most likely to be Imoen, if shes in your party) slightly teasing PC about obvious Drow facsination by playing word association games." I wouldn't intend Sola to get it initially, but it could be progressed over time. Dunno. Have to work on it some more.

It will be a tough one to do, but maybe you want to involve more party members into it? You can transfer the same answers, only making them speak "in character"... I guess I guard my own selfish interest here, since the flirt sounds interesting, but I never have Imoen in my parties.

Mistress Elysia

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2003, 09:52:11 AM »
OK. Me again, this time with the new and (hopefully improved) card flirt. I've swopped it about a bit and changed roles etc. Could be integrated into the original flirt, but I'm a lazy, lazy person sometimes. See what you think...

Imoen: Ok, whos up for a game of cards? How about you, <charname>? Solaufein?

Sola: I am...unsure. I do not know how to play any surfacer games.

PC:
1) That's OK, we'll help you pick it up. (see response A1)
2) That's OK, I can teach you how to play. (see response A2)
3) Not a good idea. I'm really tired. Maybe Imoen could show you for the future (end).

Sola A1): Are you sure? I do wish to learn more about your customs.
A2 (same as above except..) Do you think I'll be able to master it?

PC:
A*) *laugh* It's not really a custom, just a game. Something to do for fun.
B*) It's not a custom, just a pass-time. Mostly its about learning the rules with a huge measure of luck thrown in. A bit like real life, really *grin*.

<Imoen deals the cards, Solaufein settles himself behind and just to the right of you in order to see your cards.>

PC: Oh no you don't. You're playing the hand; it's the only way to learn. I'll watch and help you
<He show you his hands, and starts to ask questions out loud about the individual cards significance.>
1) <frown ever so slightly and shake your head> Shhh! the others aren't supposed to know what you've got! <lean towards him to explain their significance> (see 1a)
2) <Lean towards him, and brush his hair behind his ear so that you can whisper and explaination of the hand he has been dealt.> (see 2a)
3) <ask the others to block their ears whilst you explain each cards significance and keep your distance>(see 3a)

Sola:
1a) <sola leans a little closer to you and listens. He doesn't interrupt you, but you can tell by his expression that you are commanding all of his attention.> (see 1b)
2a) <You feel sola tense slightly, obviously unsure how to react to your close proximity in a group setting. He does not move away, however.>(see 1b and 2b)
3a) <Sola listens intently, but does not move any closer to you, only asking questions if they are directly relevant to what is happening.> (see 3b)

PC
1b) <Keep close, keeping him up to date with what you are doing, answering his questions. He seems genuinely interested in learning how to play, and as he starts to relax, you gently twist the ends of his long white hair around your finger tips. (see 1c)
2b) <Take your hand off of his shoulder. He is obviously uncomfortable> (see 2c)
3b) <Play a few more hands, and then make up an excuse to leave.> (end).

1c) <Again he tenses ever so slightly, but when he turns to you, he is smiling.> How do you think I am doing? Would you like to take over? (see 1d)
2c) <Solaufein turns to you, giving you an almost imperceptably smile, and then shifts his weight ever so slightly towards you.>(see above 1b).

1d
PC: No, Solaufein, you are doing fine. (Choose outcomes either 1e or 2e yourself)

1e)<It is the end of that particular round, and you have won.>
Sola: You are quite the teacher, <charname>. It seems you help me through most of my...quandries.

2e) <It is the end of that particular round, and you have lost.>
PC: *lauging* I said I'd help you, not that I was any good at this game!
Sola: *smiles back* Even in defeat, you laugh. *continues looking at you*. That is certainly...refreshing.

<A new hand is dealt, and you are surprised at how quickly Solaufein seems to have picked up the basics of the game. You settle behind him again, resting your hand on his shoulder again. This time he does not tense, so after a little while you gently and slowly snake your arm down his back and around his waist. At this proto-embrace you feel and hear him take a short, sharp intake of breath.>

PC:
1f) <Back off. You are sure you have over stepped the mark this time.> (see 1g).
2f) *whisper* Are you alright? <but do not move.> (see 2g).
3f) <Just smile, and gently trace your fingers up the curve of his waist, and back down again.> (see 3g).

Sola:
1g) <Solaufein turns to you again and smiles, albeit a little nervously>. "I am unsure of what to do with this card, My Lady/Lord." (see 1h)
2g) <He turns and smiles, albeit a little nervously, and nods.> *whispers* "I am ...fine." (see above 3f)
3g) < You feel him shiver, and his breathing quickens again. He turns to you with a strange half smile and holds your gaze for a long moment. He then raises one eyebrow at you and goes back to concentrating on his game. He is still trembling ever so slightly, however.> (see 2h)

PC:
1h) <You answer his query to the best of your ability and stay close but do not touch him again.> (see 1j)
2h) <keeping your arm where it is, you gently rest your chin on his shoulder.>*whisper* "I would have played the seven". (see 2j)

<Keep on playing until the end of the round. This time Solaufein wins>

Sola:
1j) *smiles* "That was enjoyable. Maybe you would allow me to practise with you so you can play next time, if you so wish?
2j) <Solaufein turns to you, still smiling his strange, half-smile. There is a hint of huskiness to his voice> "Well, My Lady/Lord, that was most...instructive. I feel that I have mastered to basics of your... game, but I will need to practise a little more until I feel confident enough to play alone."

PC: *smiles* My pleasure, Solaufein.

Okay, so it was much longer than the original. And possibly a touch more predatory. Too predatory :o? I kinda feel sorry for him now....

Dancer Fitz

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2003, 11:12:43 AM »
Elysia:  Don't worry about ideas bombing - sometimes they will, sometimes not, but this is a brainstorming forum, so throw it out there.  You never know what it will inspire.  :D   I'm with Guest: I would just suggest keeping in mind the technical side of coding and gameplay, and make multi-player flirts(cards) realistic/doable by providing options for all NPC's other than Sola and PC, if a 3rd party is needed for the flirt - let the coders determine if they can make it happen.  
The card flirt:
*<A new hand is dealt, and you are surprised at how quickly Solaufein seems to have picked up the basics of the game.  If modified, this could be the start of a second session to make it a theme flirt.  Also, Sola should probably be aloof, but not nervous(*turns to you and smiles, a little nervously,* *he is obviously uncomfortable,* etc.) - just my take on Weimer's ReadMe about Sola's personality.  But the top dogs will probably take care of that stuff, so I wouldn't worry about it.  ;) It's an original flirt and has that nice, mellow quality for us to see the relaxed side of all that hack-&-slash adventuring.  

Shian

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2003, 11:18:09 AM »
Okay, so it was much longer than the original. And possibly a touch more predatory. Too predatory ? I kinda feel sorry for him now....

LOL! Nothing wrong with predatory! :D  B) My Sola-initiated wrestling flirt turned out longer than I expected it to as well . . . and I also wish I’d let it rot a few days before posting it, I usually do that so if I still like the idea later then it should be safe to post it. :P

My muse has come out of hibernation (gee, just as it’s getting cold outside too . . . <_< go figure.) but I’ve suddenly got flirt ideas coming out of my ears . . . I even came up with a flirt for Valygar . . . though I haven't finished it yet. If only I had more time to write them all down . . . GRR! Oh well. . . ^_^ Keep up the good work Mistress Elysia.  ;)  
« Last Edit: November 05, 2003, 04:17:14 PM by Shian »

Meira

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2003, 11:21:21 AM »
I like the card flirt better this way. However, I have to admit that I'm oddly fascinated by Sola getting carried away by the charname's charms and maybe crossing the line accidentally there. Something I tried to capture earlier with Sola initiated hair brushing flirt. But this one definitely works better this way.

-Meira

Mistress Elysia

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2003, 11:34:56 AM »
Like I said, could be too predatory. I'm unsure....Oh well!! :D Problem is, every single source I go to regarding the Drow is different, even within the 'official' stuff!! (Ever read Salvatore and then Elaine Cunningham?? I know that Drizzt and Liriel are VERY different characters, but blimey!!! Complex is not the word!) I suppose Drow society is so complex and so totally, well, alien. And also just ever so slightly insane.....if's amazing just how stable Solaufein is, really. I suppose I just want to be sweet to him, really. Awww, fictional characters rule, don't they? (hey, look, I 'adopted' to young mages during my regualr role playing session yesterday, because they were hopeless and I felt sorry for them. I don't know if my DM will allow me to keep them, tho...) I suppose I meant nervous in a different kind of way...he would know you well enough now that (I was going to say "your intentions are pure", but, hey...you know what I mean!!) your not mean (lame, I know..), but you have no idea how the priestesses would have 'seduced' (and I mean this only in the loosest possible sense!!) their chosen males. He could be, well, a bit worried, y'know, once bitten, twice shy and all of that gumpf. He might enjoy the attention that the PC is giving him, even feel a bit flattered, but he's been treated really badly in the past, so thats bound to come out in some way or another. I suppose nervous was not a brilliant word to use (when I start writing, I tend to get a little carried away....hmmm, not that isn't obvious or anything!!!!!) I also don't want treat him with kid gloves either. 'Tis very difficult...
« Last Edit: November 03, 2003, 11:44:44 AM by Mistress Elysia »

Meira

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2003, 11:54:57 AM »
Ah, but fantasy writers employed by TSR (now WotC) are notorious for not following the 'official' facts, facts made by their fellow writers or often not even facts made by themselves.  :lol: So, no wonder it might seem confusing. ;)

-Meira  

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #63 on: November 03, 2003, 12:21:49 PM »
No worries, Elysia.  Just nitpicking on my part, on a subjective area, no less!  *Muse rolls eyes at rational Ego, coughs loudly, Ego starts and mutters, backs away to give Muse room*  Crank out flirts, let Weimer decide on details.  Got it.  I think I'm supposed to be working on a 'wits battle' flirt.  It's here somewhere...    

Mistress Elysia

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #64 on: November 03, 2003, 01:18:28 PM »
:lol: Hey, it's what we're all here for!  :lol: (You ever read the submission guidlines for sending WotC a potential story? They're hideous! I was writing a (totally and completely unendorsed, naughty me!!) story set in the Forgotten Realms about a Fey'ri elf of House Dlardraegeth, and thought (stupidly) 'hey! why not actually send it to them and see what they say!!' Then I saw the submission details...uh, possibly NOT!! Funny thing was, I used my Forgotten Realms campaign setting book and the Monsters of Faerun book to get some kind of back story (one of the criteria is to know their world scarily well) and even these two rule books didn't tally up!!!
Anyway, thats MAJORLY off topic, so I'll shut up now. Oh, and word association dealie? unless I have some kind of major, possibly divine, inspiration, it's OFF! WAAAAAAAYYYYYY to much like hard work. It's easy to tease and be teased when there are 6 of you round a table. Not so easy to write, tho. Got an idea for a filthy one (well, it's not, y'know FILTH in big letters. Just some major innuendo), but I need to get the courage 'up', as they say. *snigger*.  :blink:  <_<
NOOOOO!!! Nothing like that, look, you'll see once I decide to be brave.

Sorry. I will apologise now  :D  :D

Ok, Simpsons time. Need my daily dose of the yellow ones!!

Dancer Fitz

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #65 on: November 06, 2003, 12:15:46 AM »
Alrighty...get ready for a long-a** piece of flirt.  This is but one installment of the proposed 'battle of wits' repeatable flirt, and it's one of the longer ones.  Focus is on the flirt, not so much the riddle, but I am shooting for a variety overall.  Here it is(it should be noted this is likely post-nookie*nod to Sphira*):

(As a way to liven the duller moments of your journey you propose to Solaufein that the two of you try a game of some sort to match thinking skills.  To make things interesting, you add with a sly smile and none-too-subtle wink, the stakes shall be determined by the winner, after the fact.)

(The smile Solaufein normally greets you with, widening as you spoke, breaks in an amused guffaw as you conclude your proposal.)  An intriguing idea, <CHARNAME>.  All right, let me see...ah, yes.  I fear I cannot sincerely wish you luck, <endearment>.

**A:  I have a rational query for you.  What is the number that is one-half of one-quarter of one-tenth of one-half of 2,400? --to B1/2/3/4/5

B1:  Fifteen, my dear Solaufein.  --to *C
        B2:  (Stare hard at Solaufein and pout playfully.)  --to *D
        B3:  One-fifth of Eilistraee’s left pinkie toe.  How am I supposed to know that?  --to *E
        B4:  Twenty-two, of course. --to *F
        B5:  Well, of course, the answer could only be-(pounce Solaufein and smother him in a kiss)  --to *G1/*G2

*C:  Ah, so it is!  You are as sharp as you are stunning, my <LORDLADY>.  So, what will you have this servant drow do?  --to H1/H2/H3
              H1:  Continue as you are, of course.  I could not improve upon you. --to I
              H2:  Pleasure me.  -- to J1/J2
              H3:  Do something nice for me.  It doesn’t have to be now, but this should give you some practice with all these surface courting rituals.(Wink.)  --to K

I:  (Solaufein blinks and seems a little stunned by your response.)  I...thank you, my love.  --end, possible trigger for Sola-initiated flirt

J1:  (Solaufein’s face drops and you can sense his retreat into himself.)  You...would demand that of me?  --to L1/L2

L1: Oh, Solaufein, I’m sorry.  I wasn’t thinking about...no, I was only being playful.  Forgive my callousness.  --to M
                            L2:  Gods, if you’re going to be touchy about it, nevermind!  --to N

M:  (Solaufein shakes his head.  You can almost feel his mind sighing with understanding and relief.)  No, forgive me.  I...can sometimes forget how different you are from the drow (females?-should I note gender, since he’s uni-sex?) I have known.  (The awkwardness has passed and he sends you a knowing smile.)  Pleasure you, then?  Very well...I shall do as my mistress bids.  Your reward awaits the setting of the sun. --end

N:  (Solaufein nods wordlessly and stares at you a long moment before turning away.)  It seems we still misunderstand each other sometimes.  Perhaps we should speak when we have had some time to cool down.  --end (romance ok)

K:  Hm...a sound suggestion.  Very well, <CHARNAME>.  Await your prize with bated breath.  I shall not disappoint.  --end, trigger future Sola-in. flirt

*D:  Ha!  I take it you are not pleased with my choice.
      (He begins to move towards you, slowly, his eyes holding yours, and reaches out to lightly grasp your shoulders.  The dark slender fingers slide down your arms to your hands, and the sensation tickling your stomach leaps as the same fingers move purposefully between yours in a firm clasp.  You can tell from his twinkling eyes and half-smile that he is enjoying the game, almost as much as he is enjoying touching you.)
       I should remind you, my <LORDLADY>, that this WAS your idea.  This time, I think I will spare you my demands...for a little while.  I shall keep you in my debt for now. (smile)  -- end, trigger for later Sola-initiated flirt

*E:  (Solaufein laughs and lifts your hands, brushing his lips across the knuckles of each in a kiss so light it feels like a warm breeze running over your skin.)  Not quite, <endearment>, though it was an inspired attempt.  Alas, now I must bring up the matter of my reward.  --to O

*F:  No, <endearment>, the answer is fifteen.  (Solaufein smiles as you sigh and shrug resignedly.)  Perhaps next time you could test me, but for now I will accept the spoils.  
     (He tilts his head to the side, a roguish crook to his grin that sends warning bells off in your head.)  I think perhaps I will keep a favor from you on hand, as my reward.  I will let you know when I want to call it in, but do not worry.  I promise not to abuse my power...too much.  -end, trigger for future Sola-initiated flirt

*G1:  (Solaufein falls back a step from the passionate force of your unexpected assault.  After a brief disorienting moment he seems to gather himself and is drawn into your continued advances.  He meets your eager mouth with an enthusiasm that threatens to surpass your own, and it does not take long for you both to forget what you were doing.)
       (Finally you pull apart to take a much-needed breath.  Solaufein regards you with a slightly flustered expression.  You stifle laughter at the image of his mussed hair and the almost imperceptible flush of his dusky cheeks.)  I...what?  Hm...you are very convincing, <CHARNAME>.  I can do no other but call this round a draw.  Until next time?  --end, or edit to make a trigger for later Sola flirt

*G2:  (The elf anticipates the plot and catches you, using the force of your attack to crush you quite securely against him.  He responds in kind to your aggressive kiss, exploring your mouth with an experienced tongue, matching your roving hands with his own as they knead your back muscles.  You are lost in the moment, and quickly forget the game, those around you, and your current troubles in the face of Solaufein’s affections.)
       (Finally the drow allows you to pull away and draw a much-needed breath.  Solaufein regards you with focused eyes that glitter with mischief.)  Alas, <endearment>, the correct answer was fifteen.  Though admittedly, your persuasive attempt had me questioning the basic laws of nature.  Now, to the matter of your payment.  --to O

O:          (Solaufein moves closer to you to whisper his orders.  His breath tickles the skin of your ear as he speaks in a low, soft voice.  Solaufein’s words soon gain precedence over the sensations caused by his physical proximity, and as the blood rushes to your face you question the wisdom of having allowed open-ended terms with a man who is no stranger to unique forms of punishment.)
          (He finishes his detailed request and steps away, surprising you further with a wink that deepens the flush of your hot cheeks, then leaves you to ponder your folly, effective though it was - at least tonight, the journey will not be dull.)  --end

Mistress Elysia

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #66 on: November 06, 2003, 03:56:38 AM »
Bloody hell, you're better at this game thing than me!! Whew!!! :wub: That was good, Dancer.

"I...can sometimes forget how different you are from the drow (females?-should I note gender, since he’s uni-sex?) I have known."[/QUOTE]

Maybe you could just say "my people"?  

Meira

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #67 on: November 06, 2003, 10:36:54 AM »
Hey this game is a win-win kind of game. Almost no matter what you do you get some sweet loving. I like.

-Meira  

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #68 on: November 06, 2003, 11:03:37 AM »
Ah, I like these game flirts, they will surely be very entertaing ones to see amongst the regular doings. My tiny request will be "dark elf" instead of an elf - it is a matter of taste really, so nevermind if you think it is pretencious or too detailed- I just always find it more dramatic, expecially under the described circumstances.  

Shian

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #69 on: November 06, 2003, 03:38:20 PM »
Wow, Dancer Ritz, great job! MY, that was lovely! You're almost as good as I am at this! ;) :P j/k! :lol: IMHO my own usually seem extremely lame . . .

O: (Solaufein moves closer to you to whisper his orders. His breath tickles the skin of your ear as he speaks in a low, soft voice. Solaufein’s words soon gain precedence over the sensations caused by his physical proximity, and as the blood rushes to your face you question the wisdom of having allowed open-ended terms with a man who is no stranger to unique forms of punishment.)
(He finishes his detailed request and steps away, surprising you further with a wink that deepens the flush of your hot cheeks, then leaves you to ponder your folly, effective though it was - at least tonight, the journey will not be dull.) --end

I will not let my imagination run away with me. I will not let my- *watches imaginated skip away*

:rolleyes:  Whoops. Too late. :P
« Last Edit: November 06, 2003, 03:38:49 PM by Shian »

Meira

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #70 on: November 06, 2003, 04:00:26 PM »
I will not let my imagination run away with me. I will not let my- *watches imaginated skip away*

:rolleyes:  Whoops. Too late. :P
Well, if your imagination sees mine, tell it to come back to me immediately. Seems like it's having fun where ever it is however... Has anybody seen the fan? :lol:

-Meira  

Star Dragonmaiden

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #71 on: November 06, 2003, 08:46:05 PM »
Forget a fan; this place is gonna need an AIR CONDITIONER!  :lol:  
« Last Edit: November 06, 2003, 09:05:31 PM by Star Dragonmaiden »

Dancer Fitz

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #72 on: November 06, 2003, 09:50:49 PM »
Hm...we must have some dirty minds in here... ;)

I didn't mention this, but some of the choices would lead to a trigger for a Sola-initiated flirt, related to said choice - like him bringing up that you owe him a favor, if you lost the 'battle.'  I'll write and organize them all first, of course, and even try to code them myself if they have potential to make a cut, and Tsuru gives me the okay.

But we'll see, since I need to finish them, then see what triggers go where, then see if it all works in the context of repeated flirts... :wacko:  Coding....yesh.

Edit:  Wait, I remember something about Sola-flirts happening only once...so I'm not sure how a repeatable PC flirt that can trigger a Sola flirt would work out...I'll work on it.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2003, 10:25:18 PM by Dancer Fitz »

Tsuru

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #73 on: November 07, 2003, 05:15:00 AM »
D'Fitz, I *think* it could be done, with setting a variable so the Sola intiated flirt would only come up once. Argh.. but that would mean removing it from the player initiated flirts. Something like this might be better worked as a banter, rather than a flirt, since you don't want it repeated over and over. Feh, I need some sleep :)

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #74 on: November 07, 2003, 11:11:46 AM »
Feh, I need some sleep

:lol:

Nice to see you around at least. Wait, you need MORE sleep? You mean you haven’t just been sleeping this whole time while we run around like chickens with our heads cut off without our great omnipotent authority figure? :P j/k R/L is stopping me from typing any of my flirts
lately . . . :rolleyes: Or really much of anything at all. Bah, school bites.  

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: