Author Topic: Flirt ideas, part two  (Read 96810 times)

Tsuru

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2003, 02:03:45 PM »
Dancer, any contributions are welcome, the more the better on the flirts, cause Wes gets final call on what stays and what goes :) So I want to pack as much quality in as possible.

While it may not work as a repeatable flirt, it could be turned into a Sola-initiated one :) We'll play around with it and see what we can do, but it's a wonderful one as is for sure!

Dancer Fitz

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2003, 02:18:33 PM »
Thanks!  Yeah, thought it was a bit unwieldly in the continual flirt department.  But...Sola standing shirtless in a quiet clearing...wind rustling leaves...warm sun...sweat...private...passion.  Whew.  Enough of that.

Sphira

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2003, 03:29:37 PM »
*applauds* I like it. :D We certianlly need the new blood.

Dancer Fitz

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2003, 09:58:16 AM »
*bows, blushes, shrugs*  I do what I can.  Not much, I think, in the grand scheme of coding and programming.  Cheers for the modders!!(without who my BG experience would be very sad, sitting in a corner of a dark room drawing circles in the dust with a bony, malnourished finger)

Red

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2003, 10:19:31 AM »
I like these new people, can we keep 'em? ;)
Maybe, just maybe all this good work will encourage me to write more Sola stuff, though even  *I* have a limit to the amount of multi tasking I can do :P

Dancer Fitz

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2003, 11:38:47 AM »
For the 'I love you' flirt, wouldn't Sola be inclined to respond with some philosophical dissecting of the concept of platitudes, at least before he'd reached some sort of understanding about what the PC means by 'I love you?'  Is there even room for progression for that flirt, since it's already coming later?  How's about it?  Philosophical rebuttal or clever metaphorical 'I love you too' response?

Riana

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2003, 08:11:17 PM »
Ugh.  Thanks to Dancer Fitz for getting me here.  I haven't been on in a while, so I had NO idea what was happening.  Anyway, now that I've found you all, I will continue to try and help.  (though I'll probably fail miserably) <_<  

Dancer Fitz

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2003, 09:24:14 AM »
Your welcome and, uh...welcome!

Dragon

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2003, 02:23:52 PM »
How about when CHARNAME has the dream about Irenicus on the ToL, she murmurs and wakes to Solaufein watching them, trying to wake them up? then once their awake, comfort them, then kiss CHARNAME? This could lead to a later discussion when Solaufein asks CHARNAME what the dream was about, with Solaufein saying stuff like
Solaufein: I knew that our dealings with that monster was never to bode well for anyone.
CHARNAME:Did you know him, Solaufein?
Solaufein:Aye, I did, much good that it did me. (sigh) It was then when I was no longer welcome to Adalon's lair.
CHARNAME: Adalon? How do you know her name?
Solaufein: Adalon the Bright, she comforted me, suggested that I took solace with Eilistraee(Spelling?) Silverhair.
CHARNAME: Are you alright, Solaufein?
Solaufein: (surprised) well...yes...I am...Why do you ask?
CHARNAME:You aound sad, my love, that is all.
Solaufein: I...see. Adalon was loathe to trust me at first, before she converted me to the worship of Eilistraae, but I proved myself to her; t'was I who brought her news that a certain Veldrin of the House Despana was leaving Ched Nasad.
CHARNAME: (look at Solaufein)Thank you for answering my questions, Solaufein.
Solaufein: Not at all...
                   (END)
I hope that this is not bad for a beginner, yes? <_<                      

Hatred

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2003, 02:26:03 PM »
Wouldn't you rather CHARNAME ask how Solaufein knew Irenicus? I presume ToL is Tree of Life? :rolleyes:  

Dragon

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2003, 09:43:12 AM »
Yes, you're right, Hatred. :D  *Adding on to previous post* Then Solaufein would later tell PC how he knew Veldrin of Cheddy was coming. E.G.-
Solaufein:Would you like me to tell you how I knew of Veldrin's coming?
PC:(1)Yes, please. GO TO EXPLAIN
PC:(2)Not now, my friend. GO TO NOTEXPLAIN(Wayyyy down-near end)
PC:(3)I have been wondering that myself, Solaufein. GO TO EXPLAIN
          EXPLAIN
Solaufein:It was on one of my missions for Matron Ardulace to attack the Kua-Toa for tribute that I heard it. I overheard one of my...underlings tell his friend that a certain (PC's class) was coming to visit the city, because of a hatred for surface elves. We then dealt the annoying Kua a harsh blow for daring to insult the drow. After the battle, I sent the troopers to Ust Natha with the head of a lesser power of the Kua's hierarchy(sp?) and made haste to enter Adalon's Lair.
PC: Go on.
Solaufein:(sigh) Such beauty in such a formidable form. I had not thought  to meet another such being before I met you, (CHARNAME).
PC: You are...rather indulgent with flattery, my love, but I thank you for it. Go on with the story.
             OR
PC: Do not flatter me overmuch, drow.
Solaufein: I bowed before Adalon, and made my report. She looked displeased, but her expression softened when she noticed that I prostrated myself before her. She thanked me for informing her, and sent me away with a small reward from her hoard.
PC: A lovely story, Solaufein. *End*
               OR
PC: I have a question for you, Solaufein. GO TO QUESTY
              QUESTY
PC: Why did you give Adalon such information? GO TO QUETTY
              OR
PC: I have nothing to say.
Solaufein: Thank you for listening, (CHARNAME) *End*            
               QUETTY
Solaufein:I thought I owed her nothing less for her comfort. Eilistraee aided me much and healed my heart. Eilistraee commanded that I served Adalon until her departure.
PC: Thank you. *End*
Is this okay? :(  

Mistress Elysia

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2003, 10:58:37 AM »
Errr... Hi there! Having just discovered this site, I have spent and incredibly informative and amusing afternoon reading these posts :D ! Oddly enough (and yes, I am a little on the odd side..) I had thought about what would happen if Sola could join your group after the whole Ust Natha thing years before I actually found out about the mod (I've now played it thru about 3 times, 5 if you include the NWN conversion), as it appealed, well, to my whole 'Drow' thing (its just better not to ask.. :rolleyes: ). I don't know if you are still considering ideas, but I do have a few; they are mainly on the light side and could be quite amusing (most of them are stolen from my once-weekly role playing sessions, courtesy of my vindictive DM (yes, Mr DM Sir!! Have to defer, otherwise really NASTY things happen... I'm sure he can read our minds!!) and my own flakiness and inability to keep my characters out of trouble..)
One could involve Solas integration into the party, for example they settle down after a hard days evil/good (delete as applicable) smiting to play some cards (or some other game). Sola would not have much of a clue what was going on, so the PC could take his side and teach him, which would be a nice way for them to cooperate and get to know each other. This could then be followed up later, maybe Sola could have practised somewhat and challenge the PC to a game (which they would be confident of winning) only to be beaten soundly by the perceptive drow (OK, so this screams of ham, but it could be rather sweet).
One of my other ideas could also be an early one, consisting of that role playing staple of how to totally embarrass two PCs by telling them that they've been outside talking for so long that there's Only One Room In The Inn Left. Again, slightly cliched, but could be interesting?
Gosh, that was long.  :blink: don't mean to out stay my welcome!!

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2003, 11:20:21 AM »
Yes, you're right, Hatred.  *Adding on to previous post* Then Solaufein would later tell PC how he knew Veldrin of Cheddy was coming. E.G.-

That's a neat hypothesis that it was Solaufein who gave Adalon info that she later used to slip PC into the city  ;) The first conversation though does not look like the usual dialogue format and will require lots of additions to it to provide the PC with enough options at every turn of the conversation and it deals with Irenicus, Adalon and Veldrin at the same time. Maybe it is better as Hatred suggested just to constrict it to discussing Irenicus? I like the second one a lot! Maybe it can be used separately if the first phrase of Solaufein sound something like:

"I was helping you before I knew you, <CHARNAME>. *smiles mysteriously* And it was me who inadvertently gave you your drow name, though if I knew what will come out of it, I would have chosen something much more elaborate to suit you. Do you want to know how it all came to pass?"

Shian

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2003, 07:11:53 PM »
Firstly, Unregistered guest, REGISTER NOW!!! Or I will send my muse after you, and right now she's on a super-duper sugar-high so BEWARE!!!!

Ahem. Anyway, about that comfort after dream flirt, I had thought of something like that for earlier in the relationship during SOA, right after one of those dreams. I came up with something like this.

<You wake from a nightmare drenched in sweat and shaking uncontrollably. Images of your nightmare slowly fade from your mind. You aren't sure what time it is but the moons rays shine gently through your eyelids and the gentle snores of your companions tell you it is far from time to arise.>

<You feel yourself calming down and are vaguely aware of someone stroking your cheek and muttering something to you soothingly in a gentle voice. You open your eyes and person freezes. You recognize a sedentary Solafein staring down at you. His hand, which had frozen mid-stroke on your cheek is quickly recoiled as if he is a child who had been caught doing something wrong.>

A. What are you doing? (A1)
B. <Say nothing, but smile warmly.> (A2)
C. Keep your filthy hands off me, drow! (A3)

A1. <Solafeins face is impassive, yet tense.> You were making a racket in your sleep and disturbing mine.

A. Thank you. (B1)
B. Please don't do that again. (B2)

B1. <Solafein merely nods, a small smile teasing his lips, before leaving to go back to sleep.> end.

B2. <Solafein nods and goes back to his own bed> end [but not end of romance]

A2. <Solafeins expression relaxes a little and he smiles back. He returns to where he had been sleeping and you fall back asleep> end.

A3. <Solafein says nothing but returns to where he had been sleeping.> end romance.

*twitches* . . . Like/Hate? Just a small contribution that I came up with a few weeks ago and am just now editing and displaying. . . *returns to the dark shadows in the back of the modding forum*
« Last Edit: November 05, 2003, 04:11:33 PM by Shian »

Star Dragonmaiden

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2003, 10:22:00 PM »
That was cute. ^_^  

Nirvana

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2003, 04:33:33 AM »
awwww  :wub: that was so swwwwwwweeeeeeeeeet  :P  

Meira

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2003, 06:47:24 AM »
You feel yourself calming down and are vaguely aware of someone stroking your cheek and muttering something to you soothingly in a foreign tongue.

I wonder what language that would be? I mean, I doubt there would be a way to say anything soothingly in the language of the drows.  :( I'm not an expert though.

Maybe it could be something like: "...and muttering something to you soothingly in a quiet/low/gentle voice.", or something else.  

Otherwise very, very sweet.  :wub:

-Meira

Mistress Elysia

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2003, 07:17:45 AM »
That was lovely!  :D I especially like they way that he is unsure of your reaction when you realise what he's doing (touching your cheek). Very sweet, and quite touching (pun not intended!)

Athena

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2003, 12:21:33 PM »
Dragon: I like your idea, though I do agree with Guest that it would require some more options. I think you're both on to something. :)
Mistress Elysia: Welcome. :) You have some good ideas. I'm not sure how well the 'only one room left in the inn' idea would work out, but I'd like to see the cards flirt. Care to try it? :)
Shian: Very nice work. :)
While I know the drow have a few comforting gestures, and presumably a few comforting words (not too many, of course ;) ) I think Meira's revision might be a good one. Just my two cents. :)

Dancer Fitz

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2003, 02:08:38 PM »
*Shian - quite lovely!  I like all the sweet slightly embarrassing moments for early romances, and that fits right in.

I've come up with two ideas that still need some editing, but I wanted feedback to guide the tweaking.  First, how about a "Challenge Sola to a battle of wits" that basically has him asking you a question/riddle/problem, and the winner gets to choose his/her reward?  I've thought of a brainteaser he could ask, that has either you getting it right, wrong, or 'distracting'  ;) Sola because you don't know but don't want him to win.  Another version could also be him quoting a line of poetry and you having 3-4 options of poetry to finish it off(it would work kind of like the last LoveTalk).  For when you lose, Sola makes different requests ranging from very naughty to very sweet.
The second would be Area-oriented, like the 'bathe flirts' for the Bioware 4.  When you're in a tavern/similar area you get the option to dance with Sola.  There can be two scenarios that play in a normal romance mode, but also a third, maybe more, that has some random person getting upset and causing a scene about a surfacer and a drow showing affection in public.  This of course would ruin the moment and also bring up an often overlooked issue in the romance.  Comments/suggestions/critiques?

Meira

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2003, 02:39:46 PM »
I liked your ideas Dancer Fitz, especially the 'battle of wits' one. Would this be an early  or later stage flirt or perhaps different ones for both? There should definitely be multiple question/riddle/problem to be randomly chosen from.

-Meira

Dancer Fitz

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2003, 02:52:09 PM »
Would this be an early  or later stage flirt or perhaps different ones for both? There should definitely be multiple question/riddle/problem to be randomly chosen from.

Danke, Meira!  This could be both early and late.  Right now I'm working on the 'battle of wits' for the mid-later flirts.  I'm setting it up so the PC suggests the game, then Sola chooses the question.  I don't want to do just riddles, since BG has a lot of those; I'll post the ideas for the questions later too.  I haven't worked on the 'dance' flirt yet, though.  

Shian

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2003, 03:07:41 PM »
I wonder what language that would be? I mean, I doubt there would be a way to say anything soothingly in the language of the drows.  I'm not an expert though.
Meira you're right. I didn't think about that when I was writing it, having such little knowledge of the drow or much at all of any of the races, besides what little tidbits I've read here and there.  :(

Maybe it could be something like: "...and muttering something to you soothingly in a quiet/low/gentle voice.", or something else.
Thanks for the idea. I quite agree that would fit better. I knew my flirt idea would need at least a little tweaking. :D There! Edited the post! Enjoy everyone!

Thanks for all the kind words, everyone. However, my muse just went AWOL on me so . . . oh hey! She came back! And she brought a nice flirt idea with her! . . . LOL! I was just going to explain it and let someone else take it, but so many ideas came to me as I did that now I've just gotta write it out! :P

Ohh, good point, Dancer Fitz. I never thought of people getting upset over a drow and surfacer relationship. . . but then again, if some people in R/L can get upset about a black and white relationship, then some NPC's in the game most definitely will hate a drow and surfacer one. (lets not forget that one guy in Waukeen's Promenade who hates elves period and absolutely loathes drow! Though this has nothing to do with the relationship . . . or it could . . .)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2003, 03:22:56 PM by Shian »

Meira

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2003, 03:58:51 PM »
Ohh, good point, Dancer Fitz. I never thought of people getting upset over a drow and surfacer relationship. . . but then again, if some people in R/L can get upset about a black and white relationship, then some NPC's in the game most definitely will hate a drow and surfacer one. (lets not forget that one guy in Waukeen's Promenade who hates elves period and absolutely loathes drow! Though this has nothing to do with the relationship . . . or it could . . .)
With drows it goes a bit further than just skin deep. IMO hating/fearing Drows is at least somewhat more acceptable (at least it keeps you alive) than hating/fearing black people (which is simply absurd). To general observer romancing a drow would be like havin a relationship with know serial killer. Another matter is if they would dare to speak up about it.

There are some good or neutral drows, but in general they're evil, and many of those that are not evil will out of fear act as such in order to blend inn and survive.

I don't actually know that much about drows either - almost all that I know comes from Salvatore's books and it's been years since I've read them.

But after a quick search I found an article outlining some aspects of drow society. I don't know how well it describes them, but it's from the Wizard's of the Coast website so it's at least official.  

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=books...s/fr/drowsocial

-Meira
« Last Edit: November 02, 2003, 04:00:25 PM by Meira »

Shian

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2003, 04:23:19 PM »
With drows it goes a bit further than just skin deep. IMO hating/fearing Drows is at least somewhat more acceptable (at least it keeps you alive) than hating/fearing black people (which is simply absurd). To general observer romancing a drow would be like havin a relationship with know serial killer. Another matter is if they would dare to speak up about it.

Ahh, thanx. Forgot about the cold-blooded killer thing. ^_^0 I tend to forget how the rest of a characters race is supposed to act when that character acts so differently.

But after a quick search I found an article outlining some aspects of drow society. I don't know how well it describes them, but it's from the Wizard's of the Coast website so it's at least official. 

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=books...s/fr/drowsocial

-Meira

Ahh, thanx a lot!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2003, 04:28:56 PM by Shian »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: