Author Topic: Flirt ideas, part two  (Read 96815 times)

Tsuru

Flirt ideas, part two
« on: October 12, 2003, 05:33:23 AM »
Time to move the ideas to a new thread, folks :)

Yes, I'm watching, yes, I'm still working on it, no I don't know when it will be out. I've had a lot of RL things going on that took priority to everything else, but things are slowly balancing out again :)

Meira

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2003, 08:18:36 AM »
How about 'Study his features' (or face or hands or whatever). That would be a fine job for someone good in describing stuff, which would not be me, perhaps.  :unsure:

-Meira  

Nirvana

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2003, 09:16:17 AM »
How about 'Study his features' (or face or hands or whatever). That would be a fine job for someone good in describing stuff, which would not be me, perhaps.  :unsure:

-Meira
that sounds rather nice :)  

Jenova

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2003, 08:43:37 AM »
How about 'Study his features' (or face or hands or whatever).
A good idea indeed. I always imagined that all elves have beautiful, long fingers and delicate skin on their hands (not to mention nails that don't break  <_< ) That could be a very intersting and original flirt...

Red

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2003, 05:31:11 AM »
"A small smile creeps over your face as you study Solaufein's slender, elegant hands. Long fingers taper delicately, ending in perfect oval nails that never seem to split or break, despite the hardships of your journey.
As you watch he flexes his supple fingers, the movement changing the play of light on his dark skin.
It almost seems as though he has been carved out of some smooth dark stone, brought to life by some enchantment.
It amazes you that these hands, which you have seen perform the graceful intricate movements required by spell casting, could contain so much strength - and you would scarce believe it had you not seen the deadly accuracy with which he wields his blades.
Suddenly you are almost overwhelmed by a desire to feel those hands caressing your skin."

Nirvana

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2003, 08:42:11 AM »
"A small smile creeps over your face as you study Solaufein's slender, elegant hands. Long fingers taper delicately, ending in perfect oval nails that never seem to split or break, despite the hardships of your journey.
As you watch he flexes his supple fingers, the movement changing the play of light on his dark skin.
It almost seems as though he has been carved out of some smooth dark stone, brought to life by some enchantment.
It amazes you that these hands, which you have seen perform the graceful intricate movements required by spell casting, could contain so much strength - and you would scarce believe it had you not seen the deadly accuracy with which he wields his blades.
Suddenly you are almost overwhelmed by a desire to feel those hands caressing your skin."
woah  :o  thats pretty good  :)  like it very muuuuucccccccccccccch

Jenova

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2003, 08:48:21 AM »
Long fingers taper delicately, ending in perfect oval nails that never seem to split or break, despite the hardships of your journey.
Now I am really envious...  :D

Suddenly you are almost overwhelmed by a desire to feel those hands caressing your skin

:wub: What can I say? Just can't wait to feel that...

You know what Red? I like that flirt very, very much.

Red

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2003, 08:50:39 AM »
Thanks :) I thought I'd better get my finger out and start posting Sola flirts again - though I know a certain bounty hunter who may get jealous ;)

Nirvana

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2003, 09:04:00 AM »
Thanks :) I thought I'd better get my finger out and start posting Sola flirts again - though I know a certain bounty hunter who may get jealous ;)
oh yeeeeeeeeeeees pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaassssssssseeeeeeee  :lol:  pwetty please  :P  

Elianto

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2003, 12:12:40 PM »
*faints*

Wonderfull!
But suddendly I feel the urge to ask him about a manicure...  :P

Little question: Has it already been made a dialogue about his feeling after x time on the surface? (x= a month?)

:(  uf uf, I don't know if the question is written in the right style... damn memory!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2003, 12:18:28 PM by Elianto »

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2003, 01:20:15 PM »
I am wondering, I always thought that a flirt is a PC's actions which triggers an NPC's response. In this case Solaufein does really nothing except providing his hands for examination. Is there any way PC could chose in the end how she feels? IE:

You study Solaufein's slender, elegant hands. Long fingers taper delicately, ending in perfectly oval nails that never seem to split or break.  They look carved out of smooth dark stone, brought to life by an enchantment.

You have seen these hands perform the intricate movements of the spell casting with such a grace that you can almost doubt their strength. But you have seen the sure grip they have on the swords hilt as well. They are...your lover's hands.

PC:
1) Solaufein, I...I was watching your hands and I cannot contain further my desire to feel them caressing my skin*

2) *A small smile creeps over your face* Solaufein, I have a puzzle for you. What is the gentlest thing in the world?

3) *As you watch he flexes his supple fingers, the movement changing the play of light on his dark skin. You give in the temptation and intertvine your fingers with his.*

4) You return back to your chores, an image of Solaufein's hands firmly inprinted in your mind. You promise yourself that you will draw them...one day, when you do not have to fight for your life.

to wich Solaufein responds in kind...

SilverArcher

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2003, 06:33:09 PM »
I am wondering, I always thought that a flirt is a PC's actions which triggers an NPC's response. In this case Solaufein does really nothing except providing his hands for examination. Is there any way PC could chose in the end how she feels? IE:

You study Solaufein's slender, elegant hands. Long fingers taper delicately, ending in perfectly oval nails that never seem to split or break.  They look carved out of smooth dark stone, brought to life by an enchantment.

You have seen these hands perform the intricate movements of the spell casting with such a grace that you can almost doubt their strength. But you have seen the sure grip they have on the swords hilt as well. They are...your lover's hands.

PC:
1) Solaufein, I...I was watching your hands and I cannot contain further my desire to feel them caressing my skin*

2) *A small smile creeps over your face* Solaufein, I have a puzzle for you. What is the gentlest thing in the world?

3) *As you watch he flexes his supple fingers, the movement changing the play of light on his dark skin. You give in the temptation and intertvine your fingers with his.*

4) You return back to your chores, an image of Solaufein's hands firmly inprinted in your mind. You promise yourself that you will draw them...one day, when you do not have to fight for your life.

to wich Solaufein responds in kind...
Solaufien replies how? Oh man thats good =)

Red I also love yours! I hope they both get in the flirt pack=D :looks at awful nails: I need a manicure......

Red

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2003, 07:00:09 AM »
Many thanks but there is no need for both to go in, as essentially they are the same. I was merely suggesting some discriptive prose - as Tsuru will tell you I put ideas out there to be used and modified. I’m not going to throw a hissy fit if someone says ‘well that’s okay, but it would sound better like this’. :)

The suggestions there are, in my opinion, more suited to a late flirt. If it was an early flirt it would perhaps more likely end with Solaufein noticing your attention and being embarassed or uncomfortable.  

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2003, 10:06:43 AM »
Actually I was simply wondering how it is usually done, ie interactively or by adding a piece of descriptive text about PC's state of mind? So I re-arranged Red's description piece into interactive to show what I mean. I am sorry if it did not come clearly enough. Maybe I should have used a separate piece altogether. Let me just replace it with another example and if you could advise me on the preferable way, that would be great! It is something I always wanted to know of flirting.

Descriptive passage:

The night time flirt

You notice that Solaufein’s gaze wonders from the dark sky towards you and his sharp features become pensive. What is it that he saw that made him to do so? Or does your imagination plays tricks on you? Your eyes look at the drow too often. Still, you try to guess if he is thinking about you. It is a dangerous game, for every person’s soul is darkness to another and one can err gravely by presuming too much. Solaufein is a drow at that and your stay in Ust-Natha convinced you that drow see the world very differently from those they call the surfacers. Does he want to kiss you or to kill you?

You notice that Solaufein’s gaze wonders from the dark sky towards you and his sharp features become pensive.

1) So, Solaufein...what’s your conclusion? Is the night sky set with stars prettier than <CHARNAME> of Candlekeep?
2) Our eyes meet far too often, Solaufein. *Sighs*
3) I learned in Ust-Natha  that drow see the world very differently from those they call the surfacers. But what you just did - looking at the night’s sky, sighing and then watching me is so...so familiar, Solaufein. Every person’s soul is darkness to another and one can err gravely by presuming too much. Tell me, my friend, what you were thinking of?
4) The night’s sky must be a new sight for you, my friend. How do you like it?
5) Solaufein, what is the meaning of this looks towards the sky and me? Do you  want to kiss me or to kill me?

Then Solaufein responds in kind and dialogue ends. Basically the way I see the difference between a lovetalk and a flirt is that flirts are packaged and based on an action rather than on discussion. Is it correct?

Nirvana

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2003, 03:10:04 PM »
wow that was really great :) although i'd love to see sola's anwers ;) continue its very sweet  :lol:  

Tsuru

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2003, 03:32:30 PM »
Basically the lt's are set by timers/events. The PC initiated flirts are usually force-talk, whenever you want to set one off. The NPC initiated flirts are on a timer. The PC-initiated flirts can also repeat, the NPC-initiated are one time only.

In your night time flirt example, the proggy would look to be sure it's night time, as well as outside. You can't see the night sky in the day or inside after all :)

Clear as mud?

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2003, 08:49:34 PM »
Thank you, Tsuru, it makes it a bit clearer... I'd finish it off then in some such way, though I think the style suits neutral Solaufein rather than the good one:

You notice that Solaufein’s gaze wonders from the dark sky towards you and his sharp features become pensive. What is it that he saw that made him to do so? Or does your imagination play tricks on you?

1) Q: So, Solaufein...what’s your conclusion? Is the night sky set with stars prettier than <CHARNAME> of Candlekeep?

A: It is not a simple question <CHARNAME>. What I find beautiful tends to attract me. And attraction leads to closeness. In the Underdark I have learned that it is much safer to stand close to the inanimate, than to the animate...yet here, on the surface, every notion I have acquired in my homeland is contested. It is safe for me to admire a woman and it is safe for me to admire a star. The experience of cherishing a woman without fear of retribution is new and... *chuckles* But that's hardly of any interest to you, <CHARNAME>. I wish I could give you a handfull of stars so you could see for yourself that you are much prettier.

2) Q: Our eyes meet far too often, Solaufein. *Sighs*

A: Am I a surface monster called basilisk, that you are afraid to meet my glance?

3) Q: I learned in Ust-Natha that drow see the world very differently from those they call the surfacers. But what you just did - looking at the night’s sky, sighing and then watching me is so...so familiar, Solaufein. Every person’s soul is darkness to another and one can err gravely by presuming too much. Tell me, my friend, what you were thinking of?

A: Of Ellistraae, of eternity and of you. A fool's way to spend time when enemies are abound. I am afraid that my thoughts were too disorderly to convey them without confusing you even more. But I swear to you, that while you might err in your assumptions about me or my feelings, those errors will never cause you any harm.  

4) Q: The night’s sky must be a new sight for you, my friend. How do you like it?

A: How do I like it? The surfacer's poetry developped many subtle ways to describe feelings, but when soul sings the loudest, the tongue rests.  I hope you will not think me uncouth if I tell you that silence is an answer to your question.

5) Q: Solaufein, what is the meaning of this looks towards the sky and me? Do you want to kiss me or to kill me?

A: Presently, neither is an appropriate thing to do. The second never was, and the first... Your question indicates that your suspicions shall make the first one far too wary for me to try.  I am tired of kisses given begrudgingly.

Nirvana

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2003, 07:17:03 AM »
sweet :) i really hope you'll continue posting this wonderful flirts ...

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2003, 10:56:22 AM »
Thank you. I will, if I'll think of anything worth writting down.

Dancer Fitz

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2003, 07:38:44 PM »
All right, I've lurked long enough.  Though I'm not sure how these ideas should be posted, here's a crack at it - this is an outdoors, perhaps one-time(or with updated versions), morning or day-initiated.  Also earlier in the flirting, during the 'getting-used-to-the-over-world' phase.

As your group packs up to leave, you notice Solaufein is not around.  You wander off from the others and stop when you see the drow standing several feet away in the midst of a clearing.  
He is clothed only from the waist down, his dark face upturned to the bright (morning) sky, eyes closed shut.  His black skin shimmers with small beads of sweat from the sun's warm rays, his slender but muscular arms held slightly out from his sides, and you can see the tension in his form as he struggles to bear the unaccustomed heat and light.  
You feel your heart pound a little faster in your chest at the strange look of serene anguish on his handsome features.
  Charname:  A)  (Stand quietly and watch)
                     B)  (Walk up behind Solaufein and gently touch his shoulder)
                     C)  I trust Eiliestraee(slaughtered spelling, sorry) won't be too jealous of her loyal follower's attention to the sun?
                     D)  I should warn you, it's difficult to resist dousing you with water when you leave yourself open like that.
                     E)  Sorry to interrupt, Solaufein, but we need to get going.  Do you mind getting your clothes on so we can head out?

Yeah, there it is! ...so far.  Since this would be an early flirt I'm keeping it not-so-naughty(though there are certainly possibilities for naughtiness with a half-clothed, sweat-drenched drow warrior/mage) ;) .  Obviously, I haven't worked out the threads, but I wanted to throw it out there.  There would be more "I'm getting used to the surface," "wonders of the upper world" sort of talk development too.  Also, I thought maybe Sola could respond to one of charname's comments with something about how unfair it is that charname gets to observe him in his half-nakedness and such...in fairness he/she should join him if he/she is going to stare.  That would probably be a later, naughty flirt version though.  

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2003, 09:23:08 PM »
I like your idea, though knowing Elves, I doubt it will be half-naked  :P
I think should my PC see that she would probably rush forward with wild yells of:
"Madman! You are going to burn, have a sun-stroke, dehydrate...and be kissed..."

Dancer Fitz

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2003, 10:03:34 PM »
Hee hee, yes...I wanted so to give the PC more "outgoing" options, as the situation is certainly ripe for it.  

Charname:  Oh, poor dear, enough standing in the sun!  Here, let's get you bathed off.  Or perhaps you could freeze up some ice with a spell and I could run it over your back...you know, in those hard to reach places.

Solaufein:  Well, if you insist.  I wouldn't want to over-exert myself.

Charname:  No, no, we can't have that.  And what you should do is get your entire body used to the sun, with small doses.  You know, so you don't neglect anything.

Solaufein:  I see.  A wise suggestion.  But what if I was to stay out too long, or too little?

Charname:  Hmm.  Well, I suppose I'll just have to stay with you then...to keep an eye on things.

Solaufein:  Of course.

Mwa ha ha...well, that was fun.  But really, I'll work on the actual stuff, promise.

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2003, 04:20:30 PM »
He-he, yes, one thing I like about flirts is that they often have comical options.  

Dancer Fitz

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2003, 10:49:40 PM »
All right, time to jump start this room.  
This is for Tsuru and the other top-dogs, if you want to use it, your unsolicited, new and improved(hopefully) flirt. Though after I wrote it I realized it plays out more like a banter...ah well.  Maybe it could be under a heading of ‘sun-related flirt’...hee hee.  Accept/reject/critique/edit as you will.  I submit it to the coder gods and their collective judgment.

As your group packs up to leave, you notice Solaufein is not around. You wander off from the others and stop when you see the drow standing several feet away in the midst of a clearing.
He is clothed only from the waist down, his dark face upturned to the bright (morning) sky, eyes closed shut. His black skin shimmers with small beads of sweat from the sun's warm rays, his slender but muscular arms held slightly out from his sides, and you can see the tension in his form as he struggles to bear the unaccustomed heat and light.
You feel your heart pound a little faster in your chest at the strange look of serene anguish on his handsome features.

A:  (Stand quietly and watch.)  -to *A1/*A2
B:  (Sneak up behind Solaufein and whisper:) Enjoying yourself?  -to *B1/*B2
C:  Are you coming, or shall I douse you with water?  -to *C1/*C2

*A1:  (After a few moments of observing the drow’s exquisitely muscular form glisten under the glare of the sun, Solaufein’s stark white eyebrows twitch as he seems to notice your presence.  He turns towards you and squints for a few moments before he recognizes his observer.  An impish smile spreads across his lips.)  Shall I spin for you?  -end

*A2:  (You hungrily take in all the details of the drow’s exposed torso: the slope of his back and chest, the chiseled abdomen, the round of his taut muscles, the veins threading parts of his neck, arms and hands.  You have moved on to watching the undulating motion of his stark white hair in the breeze, glaringly pale under the bright sun, when you hear a soft murmur.)  
   (It takes only a moment to register that Solaufein is casting a spell, and a second later several more Solaufeins pop into view, all identical in dress and posture to the first.  You feel heat spread to your cheeks at the knowing smile on each elf’s face, but enjoy the show for the length of the spell, then head back to the group with a decidedly amused Solaufein.)  -end

*B1:  (You are met with a flailing arm as Solaufein spins around, then stagger unsteadily for a moment before a pair of strong arms encircle your waist to support you.)  <CHARNAME>!  You surprised me.  I thought you knew better than to sneak up on a drow.
   (His tone is teasing, and you realize he has already overcome being startled.  He continues to hold you, one hand resting lightly on the curve of your lower back, the other against your shoulder blade.  It is hard to ignore the intimacy of being so close without his usual attire on.)
   (Solaufein’s eyes search your face.  His voice grows a fraction softer.)  Shall I release you now?  -to G

G1:  Only if you want to.  -to H

H:  (He grins.  You feel his hands press you gently towards him.)  Well then...we will be here for a very long time.  -end

G2:  I think the sun has gotten to your head, dear Solaufein.  (Wink playfully.)  -to I

I:  (He smiles at your banter, but his eyes glimmer with a hesitant intensity.)  It is not the only thing that has, abbil.  -end

G3:  (Slide your hands around to his back and return the embrace.)  -to J

J:  (Solaufein’s eyes darken and he bends his head towards you.  As his lips are about to meet yours, his face so close you can feel his warm breath on your skin, he stops.  He pulls back and holds you out at arms-length, his mouth set in a firm line.)
   No...I do not want to...
   Please forgive me, <CHARNAME>, but there are still demons of the past preying on my mind.  I want to be free of them before...  -to K

K1:  Shh.  You don’t need to explain.  -to L
      K2:  That’s all right, Solaufein.  I understand.  -to L

L:  (Solaufein smiles.  He leans forward and presses his lips lightly against your cheek, lingers a moment, then moves back.)  I will not make you wait long.  -end

*B2:  (Solaufein’s eyes snap open, right into the glare of the sun, and he quickly bends over with an uncharacteristic curse.)  -to O

O1:  Solaufein!  I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to startle you.  -to P

P:  I am fine, abbil.  Living on the surface is just going to take some getting used to.  Your sun is especially unforgiving to untried drow eyes.  -to D(waaaay down)

O2:  Oh, I apologize.  Well, if you were, you aren’t anymore.  -to Q

Q:  Nonsense.  Normally you enhance any experience...though I admit, the sun is much harsher on my senses than Eilistraee’s moon.  -to D(near the bottom)

*C1:  (Solaufein’s eyes remain closed, but the dark pinkish line of his lips turns up in a smile)  Such an experience would not be unwelcome.
   (He turns and the eyes that fix on you hold a devilish glint that sends a tremor of anticipation through your body.)  But as with all actions, I suggest you be prepared for the consequences.  -end

*C2:  (You watch the taut muscles of his torso ripple in a mesmerizing dance as Solaufein twists quickly towards you.  His form loosens and his lips turn in a smile as he recognizes you, waiting expectantly for a response.)  That actually does not sound at all unpleasant, abbil.  I never realized how disorienting your sun can be.  -to D

D:  Yes, it does command a level of respect.  I guess it’s easy for those of us who are accustomed to it to lose our awe of its power.  -to E

E:  Indeed, it is a force of its own.  (His eyes seem to cloud over suddenly and his voice lowers, reflecting a slight retreat into deeper thoughts.)  Still, I am drawn to its warmth, its life, so unlike any I have ever felt in the belly of the Underdark.  It is that life that seeps into my being whenever I stand as I am, consumed in its presence.  
   <CHARNAME>, I do not know why I tell you these things, but, I feel...as though I am reborn with each new dawn, that nothing but possibilities greet me with the sun.  Yet I cannot help but suffer some measure of apprehension under its glare...of what these new sensations foretell.  (His eyes raise to hold your gaze as the last sentence leaves his lips.  For a moment you stand in silence, locked in each others’ stare.)  -to M

M:  Solaufein?  -to N

N:  (Solaufein shakes his head and you fall quiet.  It seems he will say more, but then he smiles amicably, his eyes break from yours and he moves past you without another word.)  -end

Yah, done!  I don't think it's really polished as far as expressing deep, Solaufein-like thoughts/character development, but it's ready for tweaking.  Enjoy!

Nirvana

Flirt ideas, part two
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2003, 03:50:50 AM »
very good :) *dreamy sigh* ...

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: