Author Topic: Surayah Bio (and Stats)  (Read 37008 times)

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
Re: Surayah Bio (and Stats)
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2004, 10:55:27 PM »
I bet Surayah likes Pistachio ice cream.
<Moongaze> Luckily BWL has a very understanding and friendly admin.

Offline Bons

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Glad Corvis Isn't Dead Club
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2004, 11:10:11 PM »
Awww, nuts!
Newt had always suspected that people who regularly used the word "community" were using it in a very specific sense that excluded him and everyone he knew.

--Neil Gaiman, Terry Pratchett, "Good Omens"

Offline Rav

• Planewalker
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2005, 08:06:54 AM »
Hi, I have tiny little nitpick and figured that this thread would be okay for it. The correct term for a person from Calimshan is Calishite (without an m), it's just been bugging me for a while.

Anyways, Surayah seems interesting, though I have to admit I've never met her in the game before, my good characters always make Anomen a good guy, bad charas don't bother to take him along in the first place.

Offline Bons

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2005, 08:54:15 AM »
Hi, I have tiny little nitpick and figured that this thread would be okay for it. The correct term for a person from Calimshan is Calishite (without an m), it's just been bugging me for a while.

Yes, I addressed this first thing on Surayah's webpage, back in the day. PnP uses "Calishite." The BG2 writers, however, consistently used the term "Calimshite." I use the latter version for continuity with the game.
Newt had always suspected that people who regularly used the word "community" were using it in a very specific sense that excluded him and everyone he knew.

Offline Rav

• Planewalker
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2005, 09:29:19 AM »

Yes, I addressed this first thing on Surayah's webpage, back in the day. PnP uses "Calishite." The BG2 writers, however, consistently used the term "Calimshite." I use the latter version for continuity with the game.

Okay, I can see that, consistency is good too. Nevermind then, I have to admit I enjoy nitpicking a bit too much.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2005, 09:34:42 AM by Rav »

Offline Aragorn II

• Planewalker
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2006, 02:17:26 PM »
there's a cleric of sune kit?

Not in the standard game, but one of the features of this mod will be to add a Cleric of Sune kit for PCs to play, the chance to take the Sune Temple area I'm adding as a stronghold, and some related quests, one which will involve a new dungeon area.

Bons, in case you didn't know, there is a Heartwarder of Sune kit in Divine Remix.  Using that kit could save you some time.

Offline Grim Squeaker

• Fallen
  • Planewalker
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2006, 02:35:17 PM »
there's a cleric of sune kit?

Not in the standard game, but one of the features of this mod will be to add a Cleric of Sune kit for PCs to play, the chance to take the Sune Temple area I'm adding as a stronghold, and some related quests, one which will involve a new dungeon area.

Bons, in case you didn't know, there is a Heartwarder of Sune kit in Divine Remix.  Using that kit could save you some time.

Heh, it's not quite that simple.  I'm sure we could come to some agreement on what to do if both are installed, however, the Divine Remix kits are very specific to that mod (because of the entire revamp of the spell system) so just randomly sticking one kit into another mod would be very tricky.
"You alone can make my song take flight..."

Offline Bons

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2006, 05:43:53 PM »
Yeah, and my intentions for the scope of a Heartwarder Kit don't match Divine Remix. I wanted features that were between the unmodded game's lame excuse for specialized priests and Divine Remix's detailed focus on spheres. Plus, I did 90% of the work I planned for the kit itself back in 2004, so it wouldn't save me much time now beyond testing. :) The more time consuming portion for the Cleric of Sune in Surayah is the Stronghold quests.

Depending on how many kit slots Divine Remix fills, the Heartwarder kit in Surayah may be inherently incompatible with it, like it will be with Ashes of Embers. You can have only so many kits per class at a time. My theory is to make kit-related content a separate component, the Stronghold quests potentially a separate component as well with lots of OR(2) checks, so players could still take advantage of that even if they're playing with the Divine Remix kit, especially if DR is installed after and the Disable Mod Kits component is used. That's the theory. Eventually, I will pick Andyr and CamDawg's brains about compatibility and steal their fame.  ;)

Surayah herself, though, will be using Song & Silence's Chorister kit, since this was exactly what I wanted to do with her in the first place and the Gibberlings thoughtfully provided all the work.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: