Author Topic: Sola prevents Re-Install of ToB?  (Read 1245 times)

Glarion

Sola prevents Re-Install of ToB?
« on: September 26, 2003, 01:51:56 AM »
Hi there

Care to help me with a little problem? I had SoA, ToB, ToB-Patch and the Sola-Mod installed. Then I decided to add 'The darkest day'. Knowing that I had to install Sola AFTER TTD I uninstalled all compoments from my harddrive.
I installed SoA anew but when I started to install ToB something odd happens:

The counter goes up to 47% (of ToB loaded onto Hardrive) then the loading stops (no message on the screen, but the counter doesn't go on to 48% and you can hear the harddrive stop working). I tried this 5 times, oddly enough, it always stops at 47% when loading the file BG2\Data\2NpCSo.bif.

I might be wrong but could this mean 2NpCSolaufein.bif?

I un- and reinstalled SoA, then I installed the Sola-Mod and Uninstalled it, fearing, there were some Sola-Remains that I had not properly uninstalled before. This worked smoothly.

Has anyone an idea of what this means? Or can anyone tell me what this 2NpCSo.bif file is that prevents me from reinstalling ToB?

Many thanks in advance!  

Rastor

Sola prevents Re-Install of ToB?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2003, 06:46:55 AM »
Try manually deleting everything in your override folder and then try the install.  You also might have to delete your saved games.  Certain conflicts like that might cause problems.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: