Author Topic: Require assistance...  (Read 1207 times)

Belgarm

Require assistance...
« on: September 25, 2003, 05:13:04 PM »
Ok, I know this probably shouldn't be here, but you guys seem to know a *lot* more about the mechanics of this game than myself, and this board was the closest to a misc board available. Plus, the BG2 boards aren't working for me.

Viconia just recently seems to have entered a permanent state of refusing to move. No, she's not encumbered, she's at about 100/400. I had just called up the wmart1 and wmart2 people near the Shadow Thieve's guilhall, then when I entered, she started stopping in mid-walk, no matter what I tried. I experimented a bit, and found that she also exits out of looting screens almost immediately. To me, it seems as if she's stuck in a permanent loop of some roll that causes her to stop. Anyone have any idea what to do with this?  :(  

Schatten

Require assistance...
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2003, 07:22:12 AM »
i have no idea how to help you. tried to kill her and raise back? reloaded an old savegame? cast healing spells on her?

Offline Grim Squeaker

• Fallen
  • Planewalker
Require assistance...
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2003, 09:16:41 AM »
Do you have any mods installed on your version of BG2?  You say she is starting to walk and then stopping suddenly?  This could be due to her trying to tell you something but she missed the time when she was meant to do this.  This could be a flirt for example.  I encoutnered this problem in the Underdark where Aerie, Immy, Jaheria and Viccy all want to rant to me about Pheare.  Aerie didn't talk to me at the time and from then on had this walking stutter bug.  I reloaded before the event and made sure that they all had a chance to talk to me.
"You alone can make my song take flight..."

hlidskialf

Require assistance...
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2003, 03:17:43 AM »
Try a search on any BG2 forum on "Stutter bug". It's a well documented ailment.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: