Author Topic: Valen ideas  (Read 2068 times)

Auvrin

Valen ideas
« on: September 18, 2003, 04:14:03 AM »
Considering there haven't really been a great deal of actual ideas offered aside from romance or redemption, I thought I would toss some of my ideas out to you Wes.

The issue of having Valen react to Bodhi's death has been brought up.  Her perhaps Valen should become a bit unstable when her Mistress first tosses her aside like garbage in Spellhold.  Random banters between her and the other characters, as they would no doubt become a bit more uneasy around a crazed vampire.  Perhaps having the PC take note of her growing condition and question the safety of him/her self while they sleep.  

All in all Valen would hold a deep grudge for the PC, possibly thinking it was all their fault for her Mistress to toss her aside as she had.  When it came time for the final battle with her Mistress, perhaps having Valen go out of control and aim to show her Mistress just how powerful she had become, in some twisted attempt at convincing her to take her back.

When her Mistress rests in her final death, and her heart being removed, Valen would be devastated.  She would more then likely leave the group in shock and mixed within her own insanity, causing the party yet another delay in their course.(if they so choose to keep Valen in the group.)  Upon finding Valen, the PC would be promptly assaulted by the crazed Vampire forcing them to strike her down and bringing her back to some level of sanity and realization of her new freedom before allowing the PC to deliver the killing blow.    This would give Valen the chance to pledge an oath to the PC, agreeing to follow him/her through the rest of their travels.   Valen would become more self dependant, though it would create a sort of hatred and at the same time respect for the PC, because of what happened to her Mistress.  She would drive herself to gain power, as nothing else mattered anymore.  Perhaps later down the road, she would take a small amount of revenge upon the PC by killing their romance interest or Imoen, if either were present in the group claiming they had attempted the PC's death while they slept.

Just a few ideas I thought would be interesting.

Thorium Dragon

Valen ideas
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2003, 11:03:17 AM »
Those are all very good ideas.

Another possibility is to have some dialog with Valen after Spellhold but before the final battle with Bohdi addressing her abandonment by her mistress.

Depending on how the PC handles this, she can either side with Bohdi or remain with the PC in Bohdi’s final battle.

Your post in the romance thread gives me another idea: You mentioned that Valen was hand-picked by Bohdi to be a killing machine. Maybe we can have some dialog that explores this in greater detail. What qualities did she have that made Bohdi chose her, specifically, for all of this extra attention? What sort of "training" did she go through?

Also, this begs another question. Why go through all this trouble of grooming an obedient, motivated killer only to put her into the PCs care? Assist in taking out the Shadow Thieves, yes, but maybe that could be a cover story.

Maybe Valen is showing a little too much ability and Bohdi wants to get rid of Valen but doesn't want to kill her outright as that would be a waste of all the effort she put into training her. Perhaps she put Valen in the PC's care hoping her impulsive nature will get herself killed, but not before wreaking a lot of havoc on a lot of people.

Imagine her annoyance when Valen not only survives, but grows into a stronger vampire- the very thing she feared most.

I think the above scenario makes a bit more sense than the "I've got better things to do now" explanation in Spellhold. After all, she still has a bunch of other vampires in her company in the final raid on her tomb. Why wouldn't she keep her star pupil around too?

« Last Edit: September 21, 2003, 01:48:54 PM by Thorium Dragon »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: