Author Topic: A few random oddities  (Read 1579 times)

FredSRichardson

A few random oddities
« on: September 15, 2003, 08:15:09 PM »
There are a few things I keep noticing but forgetting to ask about (or afraid they've already been discussed at length).  I'd be interested in any insite into these quirks:

[1] Some NPC's that are pegged to one place in BG2 are roaming all over the place in IWD2.
[2] Are the map keys known to be messed up?  I know they are in Irenicus' dungeon (ch1).  I haven't checked the other areas.
[3] The cut-scene on the Waulkeen Prominade takes a really long time.  I'm wondering if this is because the Shadow Theves are too powerful so it takes to long for Irenicus to finish them off.
[4] I was playing around with pickpocketing on the Waukeen Promenade.  I tried picking the guy in the Adventurer's mart and failed, but he never became hostile.  I noticed this with at least one other merchant.

Sound:
--------
[1] There's something odd about the sound quality for voices.  It sounds like the decoding may be slightly off some how.  It sounds "tinny" or something.
[2] The voices are way too quiet for the most part.  I think there's something wrong with the distance effect.  If someone's just a short ways away, their voice is really quite.

CyberSpyder

A few random oddities
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2003, 07:43:52 PM »
I have noticed these bugs as well, especially the whole "Tunnel Effect" with the sound of voices. I adjusted settings in the options menu to lower the music volume and amplify the voices. Not a perfect fix, but it does help. It makes it less annoying. B)  

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: