Author Topic: Possible Bug (Or interesting Feature)  (Read 2323 times)

reiella

Possible Bug (Or interesting Feature)
« on: August 13, 2003, 01:11:09 PM »
Something interesting I just noticed, not sure if it is an intentional bug or not.

If you have Valen in your party at all, the Temple of Lathander (And the Radiant Heart) will attack the party regardless of if she actually went with the party into said building.

Hmm, having difficulty phrasing this where it doesn't sound confusing and point at a known feature :).

Situation:
1) Valen is in Party
2) Valen is hanging out in the Temple of Talos, the Temple of Helm, or even just hanging outside in the Temple District.
3) Other members of the party (excluding Valen) go into the Temple of Lathander or the Radiant Heart.
4) Valen comments on not being welcome, and the goodie-goodies attack the party because of the Monster.

It's pretty much caused by the area scripts just checking for InParty("Valen") instead of if Valen is actually in the area.

Anycase, just curious is this is intentional (it's somewhat comical to have the priests want to kill me because of someone they can't see, nor detect as being evil heh).

Brannin Vael

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2003, 02:54:09 AM »
This has always bothered me as well. Hopefully Wes or somebody will feel inclined to change it...

Schatten

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2003, 02:03:46 PM »
Valen needs to be kicked out before you can go in there. if she is in your party they attack you.

reiella

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2003, 07:24:53 PM »
Umm, yes Schatten :).

That's actually what my first post said.

Was mostly curious as to if this was intentional or not.  And if it was intentional, possibly might be necessary to change the script dialog to account for the case where Valen isn't in the Party (After all, Detect Evil and slaughter those who aren't detecting as evil doesn't seem too ... oh 'good' or 'lawful' :P).

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2003, 07:26:38 PM »
Fixed locally.  

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: