Author Topic: What's the problem?  (Read 2192 times)

Elihice

What's the problem?
« on: August 09, 2003, 10:53:12 AM »
If someone could please help... :unsure:
At first the game crashed whenever I tried to force-talk sola. So I stop doing it. Then when Jan Jansen joined. I may love Jan, but Soulafein is waaaay better... so it was off with the gnome. But when Archisa appears (and I've tried this twenty times...) two things happen: 1) she slaughters me 2) the game crashes
And he hasn't talked to ANYONE in the party, ever. I've installed baldurash, but it's the same. Maybe the game is already wrong and I should start another one (to see all the missing things...)
Help, please?

What's the problem?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2003, 11:53:06 AM »
Mmmm.. well it's probably MY fault for istalling the official patch AFTER the mod. Aparently it's a "recipe for a bad game" as some say. Well, I guess I'll just go back to the beginning...

(because Soulafein is worth playing again.... :D .... I just love this mod!)

Offline red*eyes

• Planewalker
Re: What's the problem?
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2005, 03:40:17 AM »
Same problem here. I have no idea what's causing this, since even re-installing didn't help.

---
Edit:

Hmmm. I've spent the last few days pondering on what to do, reinstalling the game and checking my system-settings. Since none of that helped but the thought of having to just abandon playing that mod half-way through drove me mad, I finally decided that it couldn't be too bad to read any walk-throughs and whatever now. Spoilers won't really affect me if I'll never be able to play it anyway... soo. Here's what I did to make things work. (Yes, I myself would call it cheating, yes, it makes you miss that challenging yet somehow fun-to-play Achryssa-fight and yes, it also makes you miss the dialoge at the end of that fight. But no one forces you to do it. I just thought some people might find it helpful, since - in my book - it's still better than being stuck forever.)

1. Enable the cheating-mode.
2. Use the cluaconsole:
CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("SolaFoeSpawn","GLOBAL","6")
CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("SolaTalk","GLOBAL","10")

Then the romance should continue as if you had had the Archryssa-fight already and Sola should now talk about traps you set for your enemies.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2005, 02:14:16 PM by red*eyes »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: