Author Topic: APPENDing spell.ids  (Read 1362 times)

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • PPG
  • Planewalker
    • The Gibberlings Three IE mod community
APPENDing spell.ids
« on: July 21, 2003, 09:17:49 AM »
Heya,

Is it possible to APPEND spell.ids with custom spells?

The spells in it are named WIZARD_MAGIC_MISSILE or whatever, rather than by their .spl filename.

The reason I'm asking is that the RemoveSpell() scripting command can be used to remove spells in spell.ids, and in the Veronna mod we want to be able to use it to remove a custom spell.

Thanks!
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

Sim

APPENDing spell.ids
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2003, 09:24:26 AM »
If you're using the action only from compiled scripts, you don't actually need to bother appending the IDS, since it's only used when compiling and decompiling. If you're using it in dialog or compiling scripts at install time, then while I would personally suggest using numbers instead of custom IDS entries, it is possible, yes.

Something like:

APPEND ~spell.ids~ ~2999 MY_SPELL~ UNLESS ~2999 MY_SPELL~

This will also avoid repeating the entry if it is already there.

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • PPG
  • Planewalker
    • The Gibberlings Three IE mod community
APPENDing spell.ids
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2003, 09:27:24 AM »
Righty ho, I'll tell those concerned and see if that works.

Though won't this cause a problem since we're writing the .BAF then compiling it, won't we need the APPENDed spell.ids for that?

Thanks Sim!
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: