Author Topic: Paladin quest in EOU  (Read 1123 times)

Immortality

Paladin quest in EOU
« on: July 13, 2003, 04:47:07 AM »
I'm a big fan of Ease of Use, I cant even imagine how could I play before without it, but thereĀ“s something in it I dont really understand.

I'm a paladin, but I found the paladin quest for Firkaag had been changed, and now I cant get the rest of the quests to join the Order.

When I get to Windspear everything appears to be normal, until the bad guys kidnap Garren's child. Then Garren dissapears and you find him again in the entrance of the dungeon where he asks for help. I say yes, I go kill Firkaag and rescue his child, then I go outside again and he says thanks, but the journal never gets updated, nor my reputation increased. This prevented me from getting the rest of the quests for the Order, and now I cant join it.

What gives? Isnt there some way to finish the paladin stronghold with EoU then?

Thanks.

Moonfruit

Paladin quest in EOU
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2003, 06:59:35 AM »
I may be under correction since I've never played as a Paladin before, but did the order ask you to kill the dragon, or did you do it without talking to them first.

If I'm not mistaken, they give you two or three quests, of which killing Firky is the last.

Seifer

Paladin quest in EOU
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2003, 07:09:44 AM »
You are entirely correct Moonfruit.  The Paladin stronghold quests are given to you once you have rescued Garren's child.  Overall there are four quests once you have done this.
1) Saving three initiates from a calimshite (I think) invasion
2) Settling a land dispute between a Baron and some local farmers
3) Protecting a witness to a brutal murder as her family had been killed
4) Killing Firkaag for the Holy Avenger

HOWEVER, if you kill him before the quest is offered, you'll get no EXP for him.

Immortality

Paladin quest in EOU
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2003, 08:09:34 AM »
Weird indeed, Seifer.
I always kill Firkaag 1st, or 2nd.

1- Fallen paladins
2- Firkaag
3- The rest

and I never had a problem before installing EoU. Thats why I assumed it has a bug, because when I get out of the dungeon and speak to Garren, he doesnt give me exp, nor update the journal, nor raises my reputation. He used to do that before.

Also, the quest is offered, because I speak to Garren and he asks me to go save his child, I say yes, he says he'll wait for my return.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2003, 08:10:39 AM by Immortality »

Moonfruit

Paladin quest in EOU
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2003, 10:25:03 AM »
Also, the quest is offered, because I speak to Garren and he asks me to go save his child, I say yes, he says he'll wait for my return.
Yes, but at this point you must NOT kill the dragon. This is part of the original game, and EoU doesn't change that.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: