Author Topic: Flexibility in TP2/WeiDU?  (Read 1791 times)

Alan M.C.

Flexibility in TP2/WeiDU?
« on: June 21, 2003, 10:17:59 AM »
I would like to know whether apart from languages, WeiDU currently offers multiple options for other things, like High Level Abilities.

Here's a concrete example. Since I've developed a new fighter MOD where I copy a new HLA, I'd like to know if I can write a TP2 where people, during installation could choose between either my new HLA (LuNEW.2da) or keeping the game's original HLA (Lufi0.2da).

If WeiDU does it already, I'd appreciate if somebody could give me hints as how it is done. If it doesn't, well..., perhaps an improvement suggestion then...

Alan M.C.

Kismet

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2003, 11:00:19 AM »
I think you could do that if you just made your HLA a separate piece of the mod.   So your .tp2 file would have multiple begin statements.

BEGIN ~MyNPC~
  NPC stuff here

BEGIN ~MY HLA~
  HLA stuff here

That way when people install they'll see: Install MNPC? [Y]es [N]o; Install My HLA [Y]es [N]o.

Alan M.C.

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2003, 01:14:19 PM »
It does work indeed but does not really look *pro*, eg:
"Do you want to uninstall my HLA?"
Y/N/Q
Or is there anyway to skip the uninstall?

I'd have prefered within the same BEGIN ~MyNPC~
Option 1: keep original fighter HLA
Option 2: Install new HLA for fighters

Alan M.C.

Kismet

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2003, 02:36:01 PM »
I suppose you could have a BEGIN for a version of your mod w/ HLA and a version w/out HLA.  You would have to have a check to make sure only one version gets installed though.

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2003, 02:48:38 PM »
Looking "pro" is not a WeiDU concern. :-)

Skip the uninstall? I'm not sure what you're asking here, but if you want to make a mod that cannot be piecewise-uninstalled, don't use WeiDU. TBG/IAP and the mod switcher already have that market sewn up :-).

Here's one possibility: make the mod as Japh suggested, and then install it and uninstall it. Copy the text you see on the screen over here. Then comment on which part of the text you don't like and what you would like to see instead.  

Alan M.C.

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2003, 03:25:04 PM »
*Pro*: we all do modding for free. That said, the nicer it looks, the happier we feel, isn't it? :)

Japher's suggestion works. It's just that making two installs for the same MOD could be resumed in giving people options in my case for original/new HLA. Else, yes, I'll provide my HLA as a separate Install/Uninstall if it can't be an optional choice within the TP2.

Alan M.C.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: