Author Topic: INTERJECT_COPY_TRANS  (Read 1203 times)

Krondor

INTERJECT_COPY_TRANS
« on: April 09, 2003, 05:58:02 AM »
Is this the best option to add an NPC interjection into a dlg node that includes an "Enemy()" action?
For example, Captain Heagan's dlg (the Slaver Captain in the slums) includes interjections from a number of NPCs after which the captain turns hostile via the Enemy action.
If I use Interject_Copy_trans the interjection is made as intended but WeiDU copies the actions including the Enemy() action with the obvious result that the interjecting NPC turns hostile and fights the party.

Options to fix / work around this? Maybe Append instead?

Cheers

Mike

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
INTERJECT_COPY_TRANS
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2003, 12:44:53 PM »
The best way to avoid that sort of problem is to give the proper scenery NPC a line at the end of the I_C_T.

For example, if the slaver captain would normally say "Now you die, yankee dog!" and end the conversation and go Enemy(), and you want Minsc to interject, just make sure you go back to the slaver captain at the end, as in

== MINSC ~Boo will kick your butt, you bad man!~
== SLAVER ~No, I will eat your hamster instead!~
END

That way, the slaver is still inheriting the Enemy() at the end.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2003, 12:45:40 PM by jcompton »
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Krondor

INTERJECT_COPY_TRANS
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2003, 05:40:27 PM »
Ahhh hehe I see

maus

INTERJECT_COPY_TRANS
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2003, 12:51:27 PM »
My Question: Can I add a dialog-line without reply? Referring to the Readme, can I onyl let Aqualung say his words without the reply from Tolgerias?

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
INTERJECT_COPY_TRANS
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2003, 01:13:32 PM »
Yes, you can have a one-line interject, that's fine.

If the COPY_TRANS includes PC replies, though, you may WANT to have the original speaker have a line in there so that the PC replies actually appear to address the proper speaker, rather than the interjecter. But it's a question of style.

Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: