Author Topic: Ascencion (or redemption) gone horribly wrong  (Read 3121 times)

klaussner

Ascencion (or redemption) gone horribly wrong
« on: April 30, 2003, 05:04:07 PM »
I made a fresh installation some time ago, played trough the game, and trough Tob, to end up in the ascencion battle, but I got several problems:  I was playing in Core mode

-undying bosses: this started in Sendai's lair, where I bashed her to death but she would stay on agonizing, because the script for her death would't kick in. I had to battle reload several times to be able to kill her.
Then it got worse in the final battle: I had Balthazar and Sarevok (good) with me, and all of the bhaalspawns would not die, they just stayed at agonizing state; after a while Melissan appeared and had the same problem: she would'nt die; even Cntrl+y on them wouldn't kill them, they took thousands of damages and still stood. I tried lowering the difficulty, and when I turned it on normal, Sendai died, but not the others.
I believe this is a resource problem, since my computer can barely withstand ToB, so I reloaded and went in the battle without any buffs, so I had more framerate, and in easiest difficulty; this time, they still would not die when I bashed them, but Ctrl+Y worked, and I could defeat Melissan; but then I got the second bug:

-Solar dialog loop: (I believe this has to do with Redemption)
I got the Solar dialogs, had the dialog about the Pc's child, dialog with Kelsey romanced, dialog with Sola, Viconia, Sarevok (good) Imoen, Balthazar,  then I got the line:
"Solar is watching you intently, waiting for your answer" the line was in english, when I'm playing in French, which led me to think this is a redemption problem. After that line, the dialog ends, I can't give any answer, and when I talk to the Solar, the dialog starts anew from the beginning (the solar talks about your two options); on another note, Melissan is still alive, agonizing, but she stays unconscious.

Those bugs are pissing; it took me more than two hours to finish the battle, and I couldn't even get the end of the game.

My installation is:
computer barely passable for Tob, can still handle the big battles
latest european patch, no baldurdash patch
all of weimer's mod except spell 50 , and redemption
Kelsey Soa-Tob
Tashia romance, Imoen romance
Flirt packs, Fw item pack
Improved thief stronghold
revised hell tests, rogue and elves rebalancing

-edit- I didn't see this had already happened to someone else, I didn't check the readme; By the way, could it be possible to have the readme file that describes the new powers given trough the bhaal challenges, with the dialog options you should choose to get them?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2003, 05:10:31 PM by klaussner »

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2003, 05:24:37 PM »
Tashia is known to create Solar loops at the end.

Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

dorotea

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2003, 09:19:53 PM »
"Solar is watching you intently, waiting for your answer"

I cannot remember this line being in either Ascension or Redemption mods. I sure did not write it. It must be Tashia.

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2003, 09:47:19 PM »
Could also be Mirrabbo Imoen, I suppose.

Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Slumlord

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2003, 11:24:24 PM »
"Solar is watching you intently, waiting for your answer" the line was in english, when I'm playing in French, which led me to think this is a redemption problem.

No, both Dorotea and Mr. Compton are correct.  That is a line from Tashia.  She does have some looping problems and the only thing I have discovered to correct this is install her first in the WeiDU chain.

Example:

BG2 SoA
BG2 ToB
Official patch
Baldurdash
Tashia
Blah, blah, everything else WeiDU blah

It seems to work for me as I encounter no looping problems.  As far as bosses that will not die.  You're on your own.  I don't use Ascension or Redemption at this time so I can't make a recommendation on how to correct that.  I don't have a problem with destroying boss monsters.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2003, 11:25:11 PM by Slumlord »

klaussner

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2003, 10:14:14 AM »
Bah, I'll make a new install once a few mod updates are out (the rythm for mod updates seems to have slowed down a bit lately.....)

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: