Author Topic: Problems with setup-tactics.exe  (Read 1077 times)

Bivibob

Problems with setup-tactics.exe
« on: April 25, 2003, 09:22:35 AM »
When I run setup-tactics.exe I get the following error message:

[C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\Setup-Tactics.exe] WeiDU version 104

[SETUP-TACTICS.TP2] PARSE ERROR at line 17 column 1-6
Near Text: ALWAYS
        syntax error

[SETUP-TACTICS.TP2]  ERROR at line 17 column 1-6
Near Text: ALWAYS
        Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: parsing [SETUP-TACTICS.TP2]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: problem parsing TP file [SETUP-TACTICS.TP2]: Parsing.Parse_error

ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error

Press ENTER to exit.

I began to get this error message after trying to uninstall another WEIDU mod, namely NPCFlirt.

What should I do?

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2003, 09:38:13 AM »
The Setup-NPCFlirt.exe replacement I sent you should automatically update the Tactics installer and make this work again.

WeiDU 104 had buggy file-replace code, so some mod you installed that used it overwrote the newer Tactics installer with an older version.

Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

mitchmc

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2003, 04:36:57 PM »
I had a similar error message as posted above (as I recall mine said "Set Up-pell50.tp2 PARSE ERROR AT LINE 1, COLUM 0-1" ect) . and eventually
I had to do a clean reinstall, I did not have the flirt pac installed however.

I have numerous mods of Various versions of WeiDU on disk, Given JCs comments I think the “old” version of WeiDU that caused the problem came from an older version of ease of use that I had used.

Numerous people, including myself have had difficulties with the ease of use/ multiple stronghold mod. This is one of my favorites and I wanted a working version to load with the BP set up I have (I have multiple versions of setups on my PC) to see if there were conflicts

Since previous versions of the multiple stronghold mod had worked for me I thought the error had something to do with the new version of ease of use .So I said to myself "Load an old version and test your theory"

It was a great theory but given my very rudimentary understanding of computers when I got the parse error I was stuck. I posted a question on a thread  but is was probably not the right place. Finally quit and started to
Try out the improved battles mod (it is by the way a lot of fun )

So my questions are 1) do you think the source of the error is the same i.e. v104
                              2) is there a fix so I could try out my ease theory

« Last Edit: July 10, 2005, 11:05:16 AM by jcompton »

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2003, 04:59:48 PM »
There's some mod out there that's being distributed with the bad WeiDU 104 that's screwing people up.

Fix it the old-school way: Go to Wes's site, download WeiDU, rename weidu.exe as Setup- (whatever you need to uninstall) .exe and replace the old setup-blah.exe with that file. Then run it.

Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: