Author Topic: Problem/bug with Item upgrade mod  (Read 1275 times)

Lord of Fire

Problem/bug with Item upgrade mod
« on: April 21, 2003, 06:13:21 PM »
Heya,

sorry to bother you, you may probably have been asked this question before, but I have a serious problem with the Item upgrade mod. I have installed all these things in this order:
BG2 SoA French version
ToB French version
ToB patch european last version
Baldurdash fixes
Freedom's reign
Reign of Virtue
Ascension last version (french specified)
Forgotten Wars Item Pack
and finally Item upgrade mod (french specified)
I have began a normal SoA game, and when I go to Cromwell's, I have a list of choices to upgrade, but all the choices are invisible (no text, but are still "physically" present) apart from the last one (which is numbered 18 in my case), and which is to terminate the dialog. If I press "1", I have the usual thing where Cromwell looks in my inventory to try to create the usual things of SoA. So I assume all the other choices (from 2 to 17) are the new upgrades. Is there a way to fix this? I do not mind pressing 1 to create the usual things of SoA (Dragon scale, Gesen, etc...) but for the other choices, it surely prevents me from creating the new equipment of the mod!
Thank you very much for reading this and answering me quickly if possible.
Thanks again,

Bye

Lord of Fire

klaussner

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2003, 11:25:45 AM »
Freedom's reign and reign of virtue are weidu mods? Do they work well with the french version?

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the upgraded items mod.

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2003, 12:13:59 PM »
Invisible text usually means you installed the mod when the game was running or an editor like Shadowkeeper was running. Reinstall.

Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Sim

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2003, 12:33:51 PM »
Freedom's reign and reign of virtue are weidu mods?
No, IAP-SFX.

Lord of Fire

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2003, 07:31:53 PM »
No, the game was not running nor was Shadowkeeper.
For now, I think I have resolved the bug: :huh: I have deleted (well exactly rename...) the file dialogf.tlk present in the SoA folder, and it seems to work. What is the use of this file then? I thought it was necessary for foreign langages.... :blink:
Any advice on it?
Thanks a lot anyway

Lord of Fire

Caedwyr

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2003, 09:25:39 PM »
Do IAP-SFX mods mess around with the dialog.tlk file, or can you have multiple IAP-SFX mods installed at once (provided their subject matter is different)?

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2003, 03:28:19 AM »
IAP-SFX must be installed before weidu mods. so it stands in the readme of rov and fr. both alter the dialog.

klaussner

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2003, 02:34:33 PM »
Dialogf.tlk is supposed to make it so that languages with much masculine and feminine differenciation, and sentences widely changed if the protagonist is a male or a female, to get the correct grammar.
In practice, that file doesn't work well at all, and instead gets you called Madame when you are a male, or turn NPCs to the opposite gender of the pc: for example, there's a noble in the gov district whose sentences will sound as if he was a female when you are a male. But I don't think this file is necessary for the game to work.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: