Author Topic: Undead Sola Cheese  (Read 5596 times)

Seifer

Undead Sola Cheese
« on: April 15, 2003, 10:53:42 AM »
This has probably been done a million times but here is one anywayz;
Cast Protrection from magic on Undead Sola and pummel him with normal weapons!

Worked wonders for me!

Userunfriendly

Undead Sola Cheese
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2003, 12:57:57 PM »
oh yeah. forgot that one...is also a completely viable kangy tactic...

can i add to cheese guide???

:lol:  

Seifer

Undead Sola Cheese
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2003, 12:59:03 PM »
Put me in the credits and fire away!

Userunfriendly

Undead Sola Cheese
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2003, 01:07:21 PM »
thank you...oh, here is a little twist...

open the door, do not let any party members into the little room, cast simmy or project image, with scroll in quickslot, then send image into room...the image will NOT trigger dialog, and use farsight to target, then the image bops into the room, casts the scroll, so you do not lose the scroll...

for those of you who dont know cheese that well....casting prot from magic on an ENEMY will render them completely UNABLE to cast any spells, scripted or forcespell, (actually the enemy can cast the spell, but they are immune to magic so autobuffs, like the infamous impr inv and spell immunities undead sola uses to make himself outrageously hard to handle simply fizzle and do no good) and makes him easy...

now i think undead sola is immune to normal weapons...was he hittable with normal weapons, or did you have to use enchanted?

good one!!!

this is one of the few tricks that probably will completely survive the new balderdash patch...hehhehehhehhe :D  :P  

Seifer

Undead Sola Cheese
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2003, 01:11:55 PM »
It's nothing peirce magic wont cater for.  I was playtesting a monk for my mod and who took Sola down in about 6 seconds.

Normals were fine buit I'll go and check that later on.

Userunfriendly

Undead Sola Cheese
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2003, 05:27:50 PM »
i betya you're using wands of spell strike...

undead sola has both spell immunity abjuration and spell shield...which version are you using???

spell immunity and spell shield will stop pierce magic cold, if cast, but it looks like not even spell shield stops wand of spell strike...

even tho wand of spell strike should be stopped by spell immunity abjuration and spell shield, the fact that it does not cast the spell makes it

able to target imp invisible creatures...
is not stopped by spell immunity abjuration
and it looks like not even spell shield stops it..

i will have to test later, but this is a great discovery...

:lol:  :)  

Seifer

Undead Sola Cheese
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2003, 07:18:29 PM »
V96

Didnt use wands, just took him down with the weapons.  I can get a full breakdown of my teams armoury if need be but he just burnt out I guess.  I sent a Solar and a few swords to take care of Bohdi and the gang before closing the door.

I also set a time trap and waited for Sola to DD in.  It gets activated and my monk (Lunar Stance) and assassin take him out.
However, I tested this minus the time trap and still took him down.

Userunfriendly

Undead Sola Cheese
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2003, 07:36:49 PM »
lunar stance is the special ability that casts pierce magic???

did you get this ability by sk hacking or is there a mod that gives you balthazar powers???

i would be interested in reading the readme for such a mod, since i know little about balthazar powers... :P  

Seifer

Undead Sola Cheese
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2003, 07:41:54 PM »
Lunar Stance is immunity to timestop, hence the oppurtunity for evilness..!  Combine that with hands of murder and hey....!

The mod is in production and I'm the fella making it!  Monks got a raw deal in BG II so I'm gonna play around with that.  I've altered the ToB abilities for monks when they level up for Balthazars ability.

Their ability Tiger Strike I think it was it supposed to penetrate magic but I'm not sure how it does that exactly.

Userunfriendly

Undead Sola Cheese
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2003, 07:58:26 PM »
Time Stop Immunity
Type: 0x00000136
Param1: 0
Param2: 1
Flags: 0x00000001
Time: 0
Prob: 100
Target: 0x00000002

leave all other fields in the affects tab blank, and reload game, have a npc mage cast timestop, and gloat...

cool...i did not know that about lunar stance...monks did indeed get a raw deal in soa/tob...and they are a cool class to play.... :)  :)  :)  

Seifer

Undead Sola Cheese
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2003, 08:01:55 PM »
That level of editing might not be in the average players ability!
I'm sure it opens some amazing chanve though...!

Userunfriendly

Undead Sola Cheese
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2003, 08:35:03 PM »
let me put it this way...where wes or jason or someone else would open up near infinity, and create or edit an item with uber powers, i can duplicate on a cre file using shadowkeeper, a simple saved game editor....

some things i can do...

immune to breach, remove dispell magic, like boots of preservation...

x9 backstab

perminent absolute immunity...

perminent improved haste...

immunity to imprison

perminent spell turning...

perminent g acuity...that one is fun if your whole party has it...

kensai bonuses for any npc, even aerie is a kensai in my game...

and many more....
 :rolleyes:  

Paul

Re: Undead Sola Cheese
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2005, 07:21:47 PM »
Undead Sola is completely overpowered by a summoned Deva, or Planetar,which you should haste. They see through Imp. inv. and Sola has no chance. After the dialogue you should run back to the corridor,where you left your party and shut the door. Before you triggered the dialogue with Bodhi, you can pour some holy water in the pools while you are out of her sight. Leave Drizzt, the Shadow Thief and your ally from the Radiant Heart in the Chamber to do battle and gain some time, so you won`t have to fight Sola and Bodhi both at the same time. When Sola is really dead, you can invite her politely in the corridor to play and shut the door to keep it a private party. Just run when she uses her special. She tended to aim for one party member in particulair, so it was easy to block and slow her and eventually get her down with help of ranged weapons. After these two stages of the battle I had more problems with the mages that where left in the Chamber. Of course even Drizzt died in this battle....

Offline Rodman49

• Excellence Incarnate
  • Planewalker
  • Nietzschean
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2006, 09:28:42 PM »
Where can I get Protection from Magic?  Undead Sola has been molesting me hardcore, I've managed to hit him a few times in the 23 times I've tried beating him, but other than that its been complete and utter ownage.

Offline Princeps

• Planewalker
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2006, 06:09:42 AM »
Where can I get Protection from Magic?  Undead Sola has been molesting me hardcore, I've managed to hit him a few times in the 23 times I've tried beating him, but other than that its been complete and utter ownage.

From Ribald in the Adventurers' Mart

Offline Rodman49

• Excellence Incarnate
  • Planewalker
  • Nietzschean
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2006, 06:16:48 PM »
Thanks, finally beat him, he's by far the hardest person in SoA.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: