Author Topic: A Familiar for Solafein Poll.....  (Read 29581 times)

Userunfriendly

A Familiar for Solafein Poll.....
« on: April 07, 2003, 10:06:15 PM »
Hi yall,

Sapphiredragon would like your input as to what she should name Solafein's new familiar...

"no way it should be an Elvish name" :P  :D  :rolleyes:  

Elven_vampiress

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2003, 10:09:55 PM »
TURNIP!!! HOW CUTE!!! :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D
Smiley overload

Userunfriendly

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2003, 10:18:54 PM »
AAAAAAAKKKKKK....pffffffffttttttt......(my imitation of bill the cat hacking up a hairball)

turnip was just a joke!!!

oh my god...what have i done... :P  :P  :P  :(  

Elven_vampiress

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2003, 10:22:36 PM »
Created a monster? Wait no that doesn't work, CREATED A TURNIP CALLED CHINCHILLA! No, that's not right either.... :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :, Aha, A CHINCHILLA CALLED TURNIP!!! MWAHAHAHAHAAA

adam_2112

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2003, 11:00:44 PM »
Looks like a certain vampire is getting a bit too looney *pulls out handy M4A1 with under-mounted stake shooter* SETTLE DOWN or this place is going to get pretty dusty :D .
« Last Edit: April 07, 2003, 11:02:22 PM by adam_2112 »

Caedwyr

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2003, 11:04:03 PM »
As adorable as Ryo-Ohki is, I'm afraid that she would be even more unbalancing than Sola's moonblade.  I'm going with TURNIP.

adam_2112

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2003, 11:09:01 PM »
AHHHH it's spreading I just hope I have enough ammo *checks ammo* ALRIGHT WHO TOOK MY AMMO AND SWITCHED IT WITH BLANKS :angry: !!!

Elven_vampiress

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2003, 11:34:36 PM »
wouldn't have a clue
*smiles innocently*
don't make me use my supa dupa rosey magic!

adam_2112

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2003, 11:42:42 PM »
:huh: supa dupa rosey magic?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2003, 12:02:30 AM by adam_2112 »

Elven_vampiress

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2003, 12:32:49 AM »
*big pile of black roses land on top of adam then suddenly all blow up simultaniasly*
Heeheehee

adam_2112

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2003, 01:16:31 AM »
wow exploding roses I'm soooo impressed what's your next trick, pulling a rabbit out of your hat or how about making a elephant disappear *end sarcastic voice* EAT STAKE VAMPIRE WENCH *launchs stake at Elven vampiress*
« Last Edit: April 08, 2003, 01:34:36 AM by adam_2112 »

Sphira

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2003, 01:29:36 AM »
Okay folks, take this to Fridge, please.  [_[  

adam_2112

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2003, 01:33:27 AM »
Spoilsport :rolleyes:  

Sphira

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2003, 01:39:50 AM »
Adam, this is a working forum. You should know better! :P

adam_2112

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2003, 01:51:32 AM »
I know and I promise to stay on topic :D .

Userunfriendly

« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2003, 03:26:15 AM »
Created a monster? Wait no that doesn't work, CREATED A TURNIP CALLED CHINCHILLA! No, that's not right either.... :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :, Aha, A CHINCHILLA CALLED TURNIP!!! MWAHAHAHAHAAA
 :D  :lol:  :rolleyes:  :)  :)  :)  ;)  :lol:  B)

that was quite brillant, and once again this board has aggrivated my incontinence.....(made me laugh so hard i almost wet myself...)

can you say "depends"???

"As adorable as Ryo-Ohki is, I'm afraid that she would be even more unbalancing than Sola's moonblade. I'm going with TURNIP. "

Caedwyr is right tho...the real ryo ohki can turn herself into a powerful space battleship...

can you say airstrike, monkey boy????

Elven_vampiress

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2003, 03:55:20 AM »
*watches as stake bounces of elven armour harmlessly*
bite me adam, or even better, I'll bite you

Note: Sorry Sphira, I can't help it, I just spam and change topics naturally

Caswallon

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2003, 05:12:29 AM »
Before I do the unspeakable and post something on-topic here  :lol: , I'd rather ask to be sure: Is this poll expected to produce a result that eventually might make it into the mod, or is it just for fun?  :D

Cas

Tsuru

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2003, 05:20:40 AM »
It's Wes's decision on this and far as I know, no one has asked him about it.

I do keep trying to make the point that we are just providing additional content, not re-writing the mod totally.

Yes, we do get silly here, at least in Soo, which is our off-topic topic. But the working topics are just that, working topics for serious content. Can we keep that in mind, please? :)

thecursed

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2003, 06:13:26 AM »
saphire for me. why no elven name?

Dashael

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2003, 08:19:21 AM »
Since none of the other NPC rate familiars, with the obvious exception of minsc, why shoul Solaufein have one?

That question aside, I vote for Tsuru, because when there's a choice between Tsuru and anything I always choose Tsuru  :wub:  

thecursed

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2003, 09:27:52 AM »
the idea would be for sola to have his own boo.

Xero

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2003, 01:33:23 PM »
uhh,but what happens to her when he goes vamp on you?
it's not like i need ANOTHER reason to run like a squeeling school girl from this battle. :rolleyes:  

Caswallon

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2003, 04:41:22 PM »
Okay, if it's serious...
Who decides the name of the familiar?
If Solaufein, why not a drow name? I'd be quite odd to choose an *exotic* name for his *familiar*, imho.
The same with names like Ji Ji or Turnip... that would be in character maybe for Jan or Immy, but not for Solaufein. He was once regarded as brooding and melancholic, not silly. (Sorry for the word.)

Or do familiars bring their own name with them? Do they have names at all? (Charname's familiar doesn't, but that may be just the developer's decision not to force one on the player.)

Names with an easily recognizable Japanese touch would be quite unusual in Amn, too; probably if his familiar came from Kara-Tur, but that is probably not the case.

Of the names available in the poll, I'd choose Sphira or Sapphire or maybe Tsuru (which to me sounds sufficiently non-Japanese to be included).

Cas
« Last Edit: April 08, 2003, 04:43:53 PM by Caswallon »

Userunfriendly

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2003, 05:03:43 PM »
uhh,but what happens to her when he goes vamp on you?
it's not like i need ANOTHER reason to run like a squeeling school girl from this battle. :rolleyes:
just click on the link in my signature, and you will become utterly corrupted and your soul will descend into the true dark side of the force....

you can read my infamous and EVIL cheese guide(shameless and nakid self promotion....hehhehheh) and one of the entries includes the EASY way to whack undead sola...come to think of it, large sections include instructions to cheese almost all the nasty encounters in the tactics mod...for example, use sequencial sunfires of utter evil to whack eclipse baddies in one round...

cursed, sapphire had some problems posting her poll, so i did it for her, and she specifically said no elven names...

i am now wishing i had read laufrey's "in the cards" (a novel about edwin, in bg1, and the starter template for the edwin romance mod) before i posted the poll...

i really like the pc familar name..."softpaws" but its for a kitty...meow..

but guys, sapphire just wants to know what you guys think she should write up as the familiar's name in the dialog suggestion to be submitted to wes

"it's not like i need ANOTHER reason to run like a squeeling school girl from this battle. :rolleyes:"

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :lol:  B)  :) read my guide and squeel no more...

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: