Author Topic: Balthazar has been level drained  (Read 2162 times)

Caedwyr

Balthazar has been level drained
« on: April 05, 2003, 03:55:54 PM »
In the Ascension fight, Balthazar is immune to level drain.  However, when Bodhi attacks him, the message that he has been level drained is reported.  I've also noticed this problem with pretty much all player made items that protect from level drain.  The player is protected, but the message still plays.  

While this is mostly a cosmetic problem, it'd be nice to have it fixed in the next update.

T.G.Maestro

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2003, 04:46:59 PM »
Hmmm... I have to check this.
I'm positive I had killed Balthazar with Bodhis level draining attack in 6 hits... and he was at injured when the last hit destroyed him... :unsure:  

Seifer

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2003, 07:08:30 PM »
This is an old problem I seem to recall.  He has level drain immunity through his ring I seem to recall but this is an error in which text is reported BUT there is no actual level drain.

I think its one of the next to be amended.

T.G.Maestro

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2003, 02:14:12 AM »
Seif: there SHOULD be a bug too, because I double checked it, and I was able to kill him with Bodhis attacks. And it wasn't the low HP that killed him. As I've said, he was at Injured when he fell into tiny pieces (level drained to death).

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2003, 10:21:35 PM »
There is a special opcode "disable display string" that you can use to suppress the "X levels drained" text messages. Most Weimeric items that prevent level drain (e.g., Valen's armor, Lilith amulet) have all five suppressed (or they should). If Balth really should be immune to level drain, we just need to copy the effects from one of those (or any other place) to the item that is giving him negative plane protection.  

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: