Author Topic: Shameless Hype: GIRLAMATIC  (Read 1335 times)

L_Jonté

Shameless Hype: GIRLAMATIC
« on: April 02, 2003, 09:46:45 AM »
Girlamatic.com: The New Mainstream

As some of you are already aware, my hermit-like behavior of the past few months has finally produced results.  At long last, the comics website over which many a talent has slavishly labored is finally live!  Ladies and gents, Girlamatic is here at last!

A sister site to the wildly popular Modern Tales.com, Girlamatic features (mostly) female creators producing work that is aimed at a (mostly) female audience.  (Though, to be honest, I doubt there are many guys who wouldn't be entertained by the fantastic group of talent we've assembled.)

Like othe MT sites, Girlamatic offers free weekely updates but requires a subscription for access to the full archives.  So it is quite possible to enjoy all that w have to offer without spending a dime, however, the nominal* subscription rate is well worth the spending.

And what do you get for your few, paltry coins of the realm?  What indeed!  To quote our Editor...

"I tried to make sure the site had a good mix of kinds of art and story, but I blew it. The comics all look different, there's science fiction and fantasy and horror and shoujo and comedy, but every GirlAMatic.com comic and creator is damn sassy. Check out Spike's website sometime after you read "Lucas and Odessa", and realize what an ass-kicking you got waiting. Layla Lawlor's sharp writing in KISMET. Lisa Jonte' gets straight to the point with Spring Rites in all their chocolate bunny-less adult glory. Kris Dresen is going to spend the next six months saying nothing aloud until we all hear voices in our head. Donna Barr. That's all I need to say about Donna Barr: "Donna. Barr." Shaenon Garrity and Vera dish up the school days of a world-class henchminion. Dylan Meconis has made vampires and beheadings funny, and completely on purpose. Harley Sparx is taking on Dante, tackling the poor bugger and putting ice down his back. Andre Richard and Jason Thompson, have, respectively, taken cute animals and high school romance and made them appealingly weird. Jenn Manley Lee has a sass not often seen in print comics: the slow build story in posh color."

Soooo...?  What are you waing for!  Click the link!  CLICK THE LINK!

*The fantastically low charter subscription rate ($1.95/month or $19.95/year) is good through the end of April, 2003. After that, the price goes up to $2.95/month or $29.95/year for new subscribers.  But if you subscribe now, your lower charter subscription rate will apply for the lifetime of your subscription, as long as you don't let it lapse, no matter how high the price goes in the future!  

Kiki

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2003, 11:47:21 AM »
All the cool kids are subscribing. Come on, you can stop whenever you want. Whassamatter, your mommy won't let you?

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2003, 05:28:36 AM »
Actually, it's my wife who won't let me :( She contols the purse strings and says we have to save money for a new apartment, and we diapers, an food...ahhh, the dreariness of day-to-day living. That and last time I used our credit card to subscribe to something, they continued to charge me for months after I unsubscribed with rapidly increasing rates, quite nasty, and now my card is useless for online purchases. I kinda like it that way tho...

L_Jonté

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2003, 01:25:27 PM »
Well, I certainly understand the reality of "broke."  However, if you can squeeze out a bit of fun money, you can get an entire YEAR of Girlamatic for $19.95.  One charge, one time.  A whole year for under $20!  I'm just sayin'...   B)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2003, 01:25:43 PM by L_Jonté »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: