Author Topic: How do you defeat Vampire Soluafien  (Read 4814 times)

SilverFox

How do you defeat Vampire Soluafien
« on: March 24, 2003, 09:17:12 PM »
How on earth are you suppossed To kill Vampire Soluafien? He is so hard!   :angry:  :blink:  ;)                    

Hendryk

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2003, 10:15:12 PM »
Actually, this board is for future dialogues, flirts and so on.  We're not into violence here.  The board you want is the one above this, the Solaufein Mod board where, I believe, there's already a bunch of advice on this subject.

Since you ask, however, the cheesiest technique I recall is to retreat back upstairs.  Sola will use his teleport power to follow but no one else will, so you can kill him in the ways you'd normally use on a buffed mage.  Then wait until the revenge spiders' webs lapse (send one free-actioned character in to trigger them if need be), then barge in and blast away.                    

Caedwyr

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2003, 10:52:53 PM »
Check out the following cheese guide by Userunfriendly.  http://gamebanshee.com/forums/attachment.p...c&postid=396257

It contains several solutions to getting around the spell immunities and invis.  One of the common solutions is to use a chain contingency set to fire off 2 ruby rays of reversal and a remove magic/breach.  The chain contigency allows the invis to be bypassed, and the ruby rays should take down the spell immunities.  Once those are down, the invis can be dispelled, and the PFMW & stoneskins can be breached.  Once those buffs are gone, he dies fast.                    

SilverFox

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2003, 08:20:33 PM »
oh! :blink:  Im sorry :D  Well thankyou for telling me :lol:                    

Userunfriendly

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2003, 12:40:32 AM »
actually someone presented me with an even easier and evil alternate way to defeat undead sola...

cast simmy, using the helm or spell, and the simmy casts protection from magic on undead solafein...(this way you keep the scroll)...slice and dice...since its a device, it can target improved invisible creatures...pure elegance...much like the easy way to defeat kangy...cast protection from magic on him... :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

you see, the scroll makes you immune to magic, including being able to cast spells, and immunity to your own magic protecions...

note, this technique allows you to disable any spell caster in the game, including eclipse sorceror, the kangaxx guardians and the lich near the thieves guild in the docks... ;)  

Paul

Re: How do you defeat Vampire Soluafien
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2005, 07:26:18 PM »
Isolate him in the corridor with a hasted summoned Deva. This monster is to much for him.

Offline Rodman49

• Excellence Incarnate
  • Planewalker
  • Nietzschean
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2006, 08:15:14 PM »
Ok, I'm having huge problems against him, I can decimate everything else in the room but he still owns my party, my slayer form, and my non-controllable pals.  How do I get past his invisibility/sanctuary status, its kicking my ass, I tried casting True Sight with my PC and then piercing/breaching with Edwin/Imoen but it still says I can't attack him, heck, I can't even attack him in melee either, so he just runs around killing my party with total immunity, any tips?  My party is fairly low level, but I have access to level 7 spells.

DalreiDal

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2006, 02:18:57 PM »
You know, there's a really, REALLY cheesy way to get rid of Solaufein: go through Watcher's Keep or somesuch until you have a single-classed cleric (oh, I DO love Anomen) like lvl 20 or something like that.  Give him Shield of Harmony, Amulet of Power and Free Action and send him in on Repulse undead (or whatever the name of his ability is in English).  See, every vampire but Bohdi dies now.  And I mean, yes, yes, even Solaufein and his ANNOYING spell immunities... no use now planning carefully retreats and counterspells and contingencies and spell triggers... just let Anomen walk in and blow him to DUST!!! MWAHAHAHA!!!!  (ahem, I did say I had a lot of trouble with Undead Solaufein before I inadvertly found this tactic, and so was evilishly delighted to see my personal favorite Anomen defeat him without even a single hit, didn't I? ;))

Offline Rodman49

• Excellence Incarnate
  • Planewalker
  • Nietzschean
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2006, 06:52:54 PM »
Wow, you have just made me want to play single class cleric, just to smoke Sola's sorry ass.

DalreiDal

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2006, 06:57:33 PM »
Oh, and, believe me, smoke him you would ;)  Glad I could contribute some lousy tactics eheh

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: