Author Topic: 1 quick (and to me important) question  (Read 1602 times)

Orange Devil

1 quick (and to me important) question
« on: March 21, 2003, 12:06:16 PM »
Well first off i wanna complement you all with this great work, im *really* looking forward to this mod.

Quite recently (mayb a month ago at max) i decided to go pursue an old thingie i had going for the BG series. IE create a char in BG1 and complete the entire series upto ToB with it. This is going quite well for now but, since i dont play fast at the moment (hey, playing alot of other games as well) and i really like this project, i was thinking about using the Icewind Gate project thing in my quest to play the entire BG series.

Bottomline is: Is Icewind Gate compatible with BG1 and BG:ToB, IE will i be able to import BG1 characters and import Icewind Gate chars in ToB?                    

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2003, 03:05:55 PM »
At the moment IWG2 is for BG2: SOA only--not BG1, not TOB. IWD2 cannot import BG1 characters, therefore, you cannot import your BG1 character.

Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Riklaunim

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2003, 03:05:56 PM »
As for the character – it isn’t possible. IWG 2 is just a IWD2 mod and he has all IWD2 restrictions.                    

Orange Devil

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2003, 03:40:56 PM »
aw ok thats to bad.

I look forward to playing this mod anyways though.                    

Hitman

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2003, 04:40:25 PM »
well if bg1 was ported to IWD2, you could techincally export a character, then mod it back to bg2, and import that character, i think.                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: