Author Topic: Edwin/Edwina - Nether Scroll Quests  (Read 9870 times)

Michel

Edwin/Edwina - Nether Scroll Quests
« on: March 16, 2003, 12:58:30 PM »
So I finally choose to have Edwin in my party. Yay me. Guess again. Edwins' quest must be the most bugged quest in Bg2.

He doesn't talk to me when something happens, I must use the "Force Talk" to get dialogue options. He never told me that he deciphered the first part. How did I found out? Force Talk. Then and only then do the dialogues start. Same with the second part of his decipherring the Nether Scroll.

Finally he changes to Edwina. Again, only via Force Talk. After countless days of waiting for Degardan he finally showed up. I protect Edwina, Degardan leaves. After awhile he shows up again and this time it's battle time. After killing Degardan Edwin doesn't say a word. Nothing! Again only via Force Talk I get dialogue options. And guess what? He still has the female voice set.

And to top it off, Edwin suffers from the Stutter Bug after he changes to Edwina. When Degardan changes him back to his usuall form again he still suffers from the Stutter Bug. Edwin is doing the Moonwalk throughout Faerun. One annoying bug I tell you.

If only there was one modder that would fix Edwins Nether Scroll quest then that would make me a very happy camper                    

Longinus

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2003, 02:10:01 PM »
This is one of the reasons I don't bother with Edwin anymore, and if I do pick him up, I don't bother finding the Nether Scroll.

Baldurdash fixes the animation bug for SOA but not TOB because the process of changing animations was altered or something (people on the tech boards will know). The best way to fix it is to open your game up with Shadow Keeper, and delete the avatar effects placed on him.                    

Sim

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2003, 02:23:48 PM »
From what I gather, the change for Edwin was hardcoded into the EXE in ToB for no readily apparant reason. That would presumably be why it can't be fixed for ToB, although I recall Extremist and Vlad discussing a possible fix for it over at Interplay.                    

Michel

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2003, 03:29:59 PM »
I just reached a point where I was too annoyed with Edwins voiceset (Both Edwin's and Edwina's voicesets where active) that I kicked him out of the party. Now I need to get a new NPC that takes care of the  magic part. Solaufein isn't an option. He's to way to powerfull imo.

Edwin's change to a female isnt bothering  me in the slightest bit, it's the way it works in that game.

His "Moonwalking" affects his spellcasting animations, how he walks, he never initiates a dialogue by himself and if a dialogue happens it's because I force talk him.

His portrait changed to a male again but his voicesets are mixed up. He uses both Edwins and Edwina's voiceset at the same time.

This was also the last time I accepted Edwin in my party. I can live with a quest that is a little bit bugged but this is way to much.

kozand

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2003, 07:23:33 PM »
Wait wait wait! All the bugs u mention are fixed in Baldurdash fixpack over a year ago! Infact I know of those bugs but never had one!                    

Soul Fire

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2003, 09:21:17 AM »
This problem with the dialogue not initiating normally also affects me, although with my game it affects EVERY SINGLE NPC.

I wondered why Minsc never initiated the 'hero' dialogues, then I force-talked him and voila!

The only problem is when your romance npc suffers from the silence.

And also when Mazzy doesn't speak to Surly about Gorf.

NOTHING WORKS PROPERLY!!!                    

Feran

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2003, 11:09:02 AM »
I'm sure you've all tried re-installing BG2 fresh and throwing in the patch directly afterwards.                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: