Author Topic: FIXED: Items have no use restrictions  (Read 1240 times)

Riklaunim

FIXED: Items have no use restrictions
« on: March 07, 2003, 06:56:37 PM »
All items except scrolls have no use restrictions. I can use carsomir not being a Paladin, etc.                    

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2003, 07:33:56 PM »
Don't expect IWG2 to perfectly mimic BG2's overly-complicated usability system. If I'm really lucky I'll be able to get class and alignment restrictions working.                    

Offline weimer

• Planewalker
    • WeiDU and Weimer Mods
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2003, 03:05:54 PM »
Fixed. IWG2 now has class-based item usability restrictions.

Paladin-only items can only be used if you have at leasat one level of Paladin, etc. (druid, rogue, bard, monk, yada). Most items (like swords) are still usable by everyone (even clerics!). Most "generic magic items" (wands, that kind of thing) have the same usability as IWD2 wands: bard/wiz/sorc/dru/cleric or (rogue with use-item).

In general, almost everything is useable by almost everyone (e.g., rings that grant bonuses to hide in shadows can be used by anyone because anyone can hide in shadows). I am not particularly interested in spending any more time reverse engineering the usability bitmasks to fix minor details (e.g., moondog figureine can be used by anyone, no race-based restrictions, etc).

In my opinion this successfully captures the character of major items (like bard instruments, holy avengers, staves of the woodlands, etc.) while keeping the 3E spirit.                    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: