Author Topic: Cailean - NPC Reactions Updated 03/31/04  (Read 23354 times)

Offline Kismet

• Devil's Minion #5
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Veni; Vidi; Velcro.
    • Pocket Plane Group
Cailean - NPC Reactions Updated 03/31/04
« on: March 31, 2004, 09:28:07 PM »
Basic Cailean-NPC reactions :

Aerie -- Aerie will be kind of nervous at first with his bad rep. He'd have to work on her a bit and earn her trust. Cailean feels sympathetic towards her and what she's been through. Pre-Cailean quest completion Aerie would tell CharName about how nervous he makes her. ("Even in the circus I heard such horrid things about him.") Post quest they have a talk about how good things can come from bad things.

Anomen -- Cailean finds him arrogant and uptight. Anomen finds Cailean lacking in restraint and somewhat gullible: how could a man be so foolish as to be taken in as Cailean was?  Cailean does respect Anomen's profession even though he may not care for him personally (after all, Cailean's mother is a priest). Anomen could taunt Cailean about getting deceived by Masalina. Cailean could respond truthfully ("I suppose I was just another sucker for a pretty face"/"I suppose I really just wanted to be in love... Masalina made herself convenient and convincing") or snarkily (I suppose YOU cast 'detect evil' on every girl you meet").

Cernd – Finds his nature allusions a tad heavy-handed but will be somewhat respectful on how he deals so calmly with being the victim of a witch-hunt but incredulous on how he can leave his wife. Cernd will see him as young and impulsive. Perhaps they could talk about duty and responsibility towards loved ones vs the world.

Edwin -- Edwin is contemptuous of Cailean and Cailean is amused. Would also be interested in turning him in for a reward (more useful as coin than as adventurer).

Haer'Dalis – Cailean thinks he's out of his mind but hides it under a veneer of polite disbelief. Haer'Dalis is enchanted by Cailean's story; thinks it would make a great play. Late banter... Cailean's father, always wanting to be a bard, scandalized his family by expressing jealousy that some races were able to freely choose their paths in life, unfettered by archaic rules, and that it was no great surprise to them when he left his people to take up with a human.

Imoen – Sees a kindred spirit in her. Both enjoy a good joke. Maybe she sees him as brother-type figure? (minus the Bhaal, of course)

Jaheira – Will respect her abilities, but finds her a bit stiff. Conversations about being a fellow half-elf? Will treat him in manner similar to PC: overbearing but with best interests at heart?

Jan – Cailean is amused by his schemes and curious against his better judgment. Jan will try to lure Cailean into some sort of practical joke against another NPC or PC?

Keldorn -- Keldorn is stuffy but not as much as Anomen...he might give him some fatherly advice about women. Especially seeing that Cailean's whole mess is a result of being manipulated by a woman. Of course, given Keldorn's recent history Cailean would probably be a bit leery of taking it.

Korgan – Cailean would not like his evil, bloodthirsty ways. Korgan might be impressed by his reputation until he learns otherwise or perhaps he’s skeptical of everything that’s been said about Cailean.

Mazzy – Cailean would respect her. He'd give her credit for trying to be halfling paladin sort when everyone says she's not up to it. Mazzy could interject into the Cailean/HD bard banter about being restricted from what you really want to do. Mazzy would think him a little foolish for the trouble he was in and gently lecture him.

Minsc -- Minsc likes to right injustice. Cailean needs to right one. Good hearted, certainly...amusing, maybe...a big lug?

Nalia – Cailean could needle her good-naturedly and she could give it right back. Nalia could also maybe be a little fascinated (the adventure part) yet appalled (all those poor people's lives ruined by drugs) by his story.

Valygar – Will be sympathetic to Cailean and vice versa. He knows what it's like to be hunted and have to hide, not to mention to be accused unfairly.

Viconia – Cailean will not get along with her at all. Although he does not worship Selûne himself, his mother is a priestess of Selûne and has been brought up to revere her. Viconia, besides being at religious odds, will find the fact that Cailean was duped by a woman entertaining. Maybe she'd have a comment during the confrontation to Masalina? Cailean is also wary of her being drow, since his father's elven family has been warring with the drow for generations.

Yoshimo – Cailean is extremely uneasy about Yoshimo seeing as he has had bounty hunters on his trail for the last several months. Yoshimo could suggest to the PC that turning in Cailean could be profitable. We give the PC the option to actually turn Cailean in for the bounty (maybe 2-3k gold) if Yoshimo is in the party. The party is approached by a bounty hunter, that instead of attacking you, has a talk with Yoshimo ("come on, we'll split the profits"). He's already just mused about it you (or not; this could be the first mention of it) and asks you to consider it (again?). If you accept, this guy carts Cailean away after a struggle.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2004, 10:01:15 PM by St. Josephine »
Cailean - An archer NPC for the insatiably nosy!  Guaranteed more fun than shampooing cats!

Offline irenicus

• irenicus
  • Planewalker
Re: Cailean - NPC Reactions Updated 03/31/04
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2004, 02:15:06 PM »
what about kelsey valen and uncle sola???

Offline KissMyBow

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2005, 11:59:07 PM »
Do Cailean and Aiere eventually become friends? Or does she at least get over her nervousness once his name is cleared?
If yes, rock on :)
If no, change to yes.
Please?

Offline Veloxyll

• Seeker of Shiny Things
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2005, 02:04:17 AM »
My vote goes for "snarkily (I suppose YOU cast 'detect evil' on every girl you meet")." :D

And I doubt they're writing anything for Mod NPCs
Shiny things, shiny things, shiny shiny shiny things!

Offline Kismet

• Devil's Minion #5
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Veni; Vidi; Velcro.
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2005, 06:06:23 AM »
Do Cailean and Aiere eventually become friends? Or does she at least get over her nervousness once his name is cleared?
If yes, rock on :)
If no, change to yes.
Please?

Yes, she does get over her nervousness around him, although Cailean can't help but tease her about it.

My vote goes for "snarkily (I suppose YOU cast 'detect evil' on every girl you meet")." :D

And I doubt they're writing anything for Mod NPCs

We will, eventually, write banters for (at least some) mod NPCs, but those are not tops on our list of things to do, currently.

As for how he reacts to Anomen, well he does get a bit snippy with him but Cailean's not totally heartless.  We thought about making them friends, but decided that it was beyond our powers to make Anomen and another romance option into best buds.
Cailean - An archer NPC for the insatiably nosy!  Guaranteed more fun than shampooing cats!

Offline Jon

• I'm not important enough for a last name.
  • Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2005, 12:24:16 AM »
Now that you all have done a significant amount more of Cailean-workTM, maybe it's time for an update NPC reactions/relationship list?
"Puppies do not cause cancer.  Puppies are more fun than weed.
I suggest everyone buy a puppy."

So sayeth the wise Icelus.

Offline Grim Squeaker

• Fallen
  • Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2005, 04:59:41 AM »
Now that you all have done a significant amount more of Cailean-workTM, maybe it's time for an update NPC reactions/relationship list?

Well, they all have stuff filled in.  What more do you want?
"You alone can make my song take flight..."

Offline Caedwyr

• Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2005, 03:16:19 PM »
Sarevok?
"Knowledge is Power.  Power Corrupts.  Study Hard.  Be Evil."  - Mikka

PnP Celestials
Geomantic Sorcerer Kit

Offline St. Josephine

• Planewalker
  • The Patron Saint of Mediocrity
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2005, 05:03:41 PM »
You know, I think someone asked us about Sarevok waaay back when we were still at FWP.  I vaguely remember thinking, "Oh yeah, I suppose we should write up something about the PC's dear brother."  D'oh!

Anyway, we will write something up soon but for now I'll just ruminate on their relationship: I think Cailean will be fascinated by Sarevok and his story yet wary of his current intentions.  I'm sure Sarevok will treat Cailean with the contempt that he has for good-aligned characters, especially ones that squander the opportunities for power, as Cailean has done.

Cailean: An archer NPC for the insatiably nosy!

Despite his heartthrob status in real life, Orlando Bloom has consistently functioned as a node of negative energy onscreen, sucking the life force out of all who surround him. --Dana Stevens, Slate.com

Offline glain

• Got Shirt?
  • Planewalker
  • "Comptonette #1" and Resident Neurosurgeon
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2005, 05:18:38 PM »
I'm sure Sarevok will treat Cailean with the contempt that he has for good-aligned characters, especially ones that squander the opportunities for power, as Cailean has done.
Is it just me or does anyone else think that Sarevok and Masalina would get along quite well?  ;)

I know it isn't gonna happen, but I would love to hear a banter between S/M and Cailean.  :D
Beware the evil behind the smiling eyes...

Offline Kismet

• Devil's Minion #5
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Veni; Vidi; Velcro.
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2005, 06:09:06 PM »
I'm sure Sarevok will treat Cailean with the contempt that he has for good-aligned characters, especially ones that squander the opportunities for power, as Cailean has done.
Is it just me or does anyone else think that Sarevok and Masalina would get along quite well?  ;)

They'd get along in some respects but I imagine that they'd both want to be top dog.

Offline Operadragon

• The Thundering Voice of Ages
  • Planewalker
  • The voice is a truly powerful tool...use it well.
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2005, 08:22:39 PM »
I concur. Masalina doesn't seem to play well with others...:P

Opera
Operadragon

Voice For Hire, LLC

<Operadragon> I think you're cute.
<St. Josephine> I think you're drunk.

Offline St. Josephine

• Planewalker
  • The Patron Saint of Mediocrity
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2005, 09:15:08 PM »
Just as well the mod's about Cailean, then.   ;)
Cailean: An archer NPC for the insatiably nosy!

Despite his heartthrob status in real life, Orlando Bloom has consistently functioned as a node of negative energy onscreen, sucking the life force out of all who surround him. --Dana Stevens, Slate.com

Offline Operadragon

• The Thundering Voice of Ages
  • Planewalker
  • The voice is a truly powerful tool...use it well.
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2005, 09:45:31 PM »
Hey...no complaints here.

:P

Opera
Operadragon

Voice For Hire, LLC

<Operadragon> I think you're cute.
<St. Josephine> I think you're drunk.

Offline Sluagh

• Chaotic Neutral
  • Planewalker
    • Crimes against art
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2005, 06:52:49 AM »
what about kelsey valen and uncle sola???
I agree with before, what about dear Sola? :> it could be really interesting :> ;D
Passion flows from the heart like blood from a wound. Staunch it and it clots and scars. Leave it to run free and it may kill you. RAWR!! FFS! Elves are NOT humans with pointy ears!!!!!11!!one!!

« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2005, 11:12:45 PM »
Sarevok would kill her for even thinking she could be top dog  ;D

Offline irenicus

• irenicus
  • Planewalker
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2005, 04:25:43 AM »
Sarevok would kill her for even thinking she could be top dog  ;D

sarevok would kill her any chance he got... but hey its a good reason to do it i suppose, posseive git! *eyes sarevok*

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: