Author Topic: Installation Problems  (Read 3892 times)

Fennek

Installation Problems
« on: December 21, 2009, 09:17:23 AM »
I installed Questpack as part of a megamod installation and then went through the debug. That's what I found:

Installing [Nazariel The Lich]
Checking for forbidden files ...
Copying and patching 21 files ...
Copying and patching 5 files ...
Copying and patching 1 file ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...

[action list near line 5641, column 2 of jaheiraj.dlg] PARSE WARNING at line 5646 column 1-39
Near Text: )
   [Shout] argument [ATTACK1] not found in [SHOUTIDS.IDS]

[action list near line 5675, column 2 of jaheiraj.dlg] PARSE WARNING at line 5680 column 1-39

[action list near line 5717, column 2 of jaheiraj.dlg] PARSE WARNING at line 5722 column 1-39

[action list near line 5751, column 2 of jaheiraj.dlg] PARSE WARNING at line 5756 column 1-39

[action list near line 10478, column 2 of jaheiraj.dlg] PARSE WARNING at line 10479 column 1-14

[action list near line 10490, column 2 of jaheiraj.dlg] PARSE WARNING at line 10491 column 1-14

[action list near line 10502, column 2 of jaheiraj.dlg] PARSE WARNING at line 10503 column 1-14

[action list near line 10514, column 2 of jaheiraj.dlg] PARSE WARNING at line 10515 column 1-14

[action list near line 10526, column 2 of jaheiraj.dlg] PARSE WARNING at line 10527 column 1-14

[action list near line 10538, column 2 of jaheiraj.dlg] PARSE WARNING at line 10539 column 1-14

[action list near line 10550, column 2 of jaheiraj.dlg] PARSE WARNING at line 10551 column 1-20
   [Shout] argument [ESCAPE_AREA_2] not found in [SHOUTIDS.IDS]

[action list near line 10562, column 2 of jaheiraj.dlg] PARSE WARNING at line 10563 column 1-20

[action list near line 10574, column 2 of jaheiraj.dlg] PARSE WARNING at line 10575 column 1-20

[action list near line 10586, column 2 of jaheiraj.dlg] PARSE WARNING at line 10587 column 1-14

[action list near line 10598, column 2 of jaheiraj.dlg] PARSE WARNING at line 10599 column 1-14

[action list near line 10610, column 2 of jaheiraj.dlg] PARSE WARNING at line 10611 column 1-14

[action list near line 10622, column 2 of jaheiraj.dlg] PARSE WARNING at line 10623 column 1-14

[action list near line 10634, column 2 of jaheiraj.dlg] PARSE WARNING at line 10635 column 1-14

[action list near line 10646, column 2 of jaheiraj.dlg] PARSE WARNING at line 10647 column 1-14

[action list near line 10658, column 2 of jaheiraj.dlg] PARSE WARNING at line 10659 column 1-14

[action list near line 10670, column 2 of jaheiraj.dlg] PARSE WARNING at line 10671 column 1-14

[action list near line 10682, column 2 of jaheiraj.dlg] PARSE WARNING at line 10683 column 1-14

[action list near line 10694, column 2 of jaheiraj.dlg] PARSE WARNING at line 10695 column 1-14

[action list near line 10706, column 2 of jaheiraj.dlg] PARSE WARNING at line 10707 column 1-14

[action list near line 10718, column 2 of jaheiraj.dlg] PARSE WARNING at line 10719 column 1-14

[action list near line 2121, column 2 of viconij.dlg] PARSE WARNING at line 2127 column 1-19
   [Shout] argument [INCOMING_111] not found in [SHOUTIDS.IDS]

[action list near line 3913, column 2 of viconij.dlg] PARSE WARNING at line 3914 column 1-14
Compiling 1 dialogue file ...
Copying 1 file ...
Extending game scripts ...
Copying and patching 2 files ...
Compiling 4 scripts ...
Appending to files ...
Copying 1 file ...

I am not quite sure what happened. I also got this problem with Ninde and Xulaye NPCs before.

I can provide my weidu.log if this is a problem not yet known.

Offline Jarno Mikkola

• The Imp.
  • Planewalker
    • website jocuri
Re: Installation Problems
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 06:33:18 PM »
The problem is actually not such a big one, the creature will maybe act in a none standard stupid way if you attack him before he gets to speak or the like, as the scripting triggers are not totally complete... as something has overwritten the shoutids.ids file.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 05:13:29 AM by Jarno Mikkola »

Offline cmorgan

• Planewalker
  • Searcher of Bugs
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 10:01:41 AM »
QUICK FIXES:

either

1. roll back your install to Fixpack, and install the Super Happy Fun Lucky Modder Pack component,

or

2. add the lines in there manually

The thing to check is which mod is actually adding these calls - my check of the files does not show these calls actually being used in this mod. My bet is that you will find a bunch of these errors scattered about on multiple mod debugs, because once the calls are integrated into the files (in this case, jaheiraj.dlg) they will show up every time a mod rereads that file.

LONG ANSWER:

I think these result from modders using the Fixpack's optional

Super Happy Fun Lucky Modder Pack
This component is designed to add changes to make life easier for modders. Players should not see any differences in game, though some mods may begin requiring this component in the future. IDS files are expanded to provide additional symbolic lookups, areas without scripts get one assigned and several DLTCEP and Near Infinity error messages are cleaned up (many from leftover BG resources). Once the new schema is finalized, this component will also include Detectable Spells.

The other mods you quoted also have the expectation that folks will do a "blanket" install of the fixpack, including that optional Modder pack. Modders like them, because they add functionality, but everyone forgets that some folks only install core fixes from BG2 Fixpack; the best way to ensure this stuff is to set up a warning to players as they install, failing the install if they do not have that set up. Even better, if someone has not installed it, snag the component and install the .ids changes, using that format

BG2_Fixpack-v8\bg2fixpack\lib\ids_entries_shoutids.tph holds all the entries missing here - a quick fix is to add the individual entries required to the mod just as a doublecheck. In this case, at the beginning of the component,

Code: [Select]
APPEND ~shoutids.ids~ ~151 HELP_ME_GROUP151~ UNLESS ~^151 HELP_ME_GROUP151~

( from example, http://www.shsforums.net/index.php?showtopic=39615 for xulae )

Or, modders, DevSin has long said that skipping the .ids is the way to go (but even I don't follow his recommendation :) )  The install supposedly would not fail a parse error if in the example above it just used 151. So the big Mega folks patch could either reinforce Super Fun Lucky Pack, or it could search mods for the usage and switch them to the numbers, replacing HELP_ME_GROUP151 with 151.

Fennek

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 11:34:02 AM »
Got it, thanks guys. :) I'll find out which other mods have the problem and post it in their forums or will directly do the necessary changes for my installation.

Fennek

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2009, 04:33:33 AM »
Actually, who ist responsible for QuestPack? Will he change the component?

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: