Author Topic: Bug Reports - v7  (Read 15538 times)

Offline Ascension64

• Planewalker
Bug Reports - v7
« on: February 02, 2009, 10:40:55 PM »
Roll.

The sooner that someone can test an installation on Mac (get the Mac WeiDU and a .command file, or just PM me and I'll send you that extra stuff), the sooner a Mac version can be released. Linux testing still required.

Could a moderator please sticky this thread and unsticky the v6 Bug Reports thread?

unreserved_Steve

Re: Bug Reports - v7
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 03:06:59 AM »
Loaded OK and seems to work on the Mac under BGT.

Offline Ascension64

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 06:18:46 AM »
Do you use one of the Windows emulators, or is this straight Mac, or does it not matter? AFAIK, BGT doesn't install on a Mac without some Windows emulator of some kind.

unreserved_Steve

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 10:38:56 AM »
> Do you use one of the Windows emulators, or is this straight Mac...
Straight Mac.

> AFAIK, BGT doesn't install on a Mac without some Windows emulator of some kind.
Where there's a programmer, there's a way.

Offline Ascension64

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 04:18:49 PM »
Well, I would be interested in seeing what you've worked out on the Mac side, since it would be good to have an official BGT release that works on a straight Mac.
And just to confirm, the tisunpack and sox stuff works OK for the BG1UB install? If so, that should be enough to release the Mac version of BG1UB v7.

unreserved_Steve

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 01:25:52 AM »
http://home.comcast.net/~shorter18/Install-tools.zip

> the tisunpack and sox stuff works OK for the BG1UB install?
Um, (mumbles sheepishly) good catch.  I used Install-tools which translates Windows .BAT files and AT_NOW commands, so I never actually tested the Mac-specific code.  A couple of problems:

- Assuming tisunpack and sox will come with the Mac distribution, the path to the programs needs to be given just like in the Windows version: bg1ub/tis/tisunpack instead of just tisunpack.

- there's a mistake on line 3 of bg1ub-audio-osx.sh:
ogg_files="ogg_files=`cd bg1ub; ls *.ogg;`"
should be:
ogg_files=`cd bg1ub; ls *.ogg`

Offline Ascension64

• Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009, 03:08:30 AM »
Can you give this for an installation without using Install-tools, particularly checking if I've fixed the tisunpack and sox issues?

unreserved_Steve

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2009, 09:51:13 AM »
A couple of things with bg1ub-audio-osx.sh .
- the path to it is missing in the AT_NOW directive:
     AT_NOW ~bg1ub-audio-osx.sh~
  should be:
     AT_NOW ~bg1ub/bg1ub-audio-osx.sh~
Some de-archivers don't correctly set the execute permission on files.  You can bypass this by specifying the interpreter:
    AT_NOW ~sh bg1ub/bg1ub-audio-osx.sh~

- bg1ub-audio-osx.sh is a DOS format file (\r\n line endings, no line ending at EOF).  You can use this to do on-the-fly conversion:
    AT_NOW ~tr -d \\r < bg1ub/bg1ub-audio-osx.sh | sh~
Or of course make it a Unix format file.

Offline Ascension64

• Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2009, 05:20:32 PM »
OK, give it another shot. I have a little utility that can go DOS->Unix for files so there shouldn't be a problem there.

unreserved_Steve

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2009, 01:54:21 AM »
It loaded perfectly.  DEBUG file is here: http://home.comcast.net/~shorter18/SETUP-BG1UB.DEBUG.zip

Offline Darvon

• Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2009, 02:56:11 AM »
Coran and the Wyverns is completely broken as far as I can tell.  I've played through cloakwood 4 times now with different combinations of variables and I've never been able to get the reward from Kelddath or get Coran's quest complete.

The last attempt which I just finished then I got Coran first, went to the cave, killed both wyverns and took both their heads back and still nothing. :/

Anyone experienced this also?  Any known workarounds?

Mods installed:
EasyTutu
TutuGUI
UB

Offline Ascension64

• Planewalker
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2009, 05:55:50 PM »
OK, makes sense, the coding doesn't account for Tutu.
Trying going to CLUAConsole and setting

SetGlobal("SPRITE_IS_DEADX#CoranWyvern","GLOBAL",1)

Red Hawk

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2009, 05:02:20 PM »
Minor issue with a BGT run-through.  I'm fighting Tranzig at Feldepost's Inn with Branwen in my party, and their dialogue isn't happening.

Unfinished Business is the only BG1 mod I'm running, and I don't think that BGT would interfere too badly.

Any ideas?

Offline Leomar

• Planewalker
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2009, 07:00:42 PM »
Minor issue with a BGT run-through.  I'm fighting Tranzig at Feldepost's Inn with Branwen in my party, and their dialogue isn't happening.

Unfinished Business is the only BG1 mod I'm running, and I don't think that BGT would interfere too badly.

Any ideas?
Can you post your WeiDU.log?

Greetings Leomar

temujin_

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2009, 10:04:01 PM »
a minor bug in the Creature Corrections component (specifically in the "fixes due to Cam's Inventory Checker" section):

for a few creatures (take ANDRIS.CRE for instance), the mod attempts to fix/reassign incorrect item reference slots (armors in this case) but doesn't make sure the armor slot entry isn't already occupied, thereby leaving any existing armor added in by another mod (DSotSC) to just "float" without any link/reference - which only leads to NI reporting one more Creature Inventory Check error.

Sakul.CRE has an item SCRL1R in his inventory; looks like a typo as it doesn't exist.

Lizzah

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2009, 07:54:30 AM »
OK, makes sense, the coding doesn't account for Tutu.
Trying going to CLUAConsole and setting

SetGlobal("SPRITE_IS_DEADX#CoranWyvern","GLOBAL",1)

Hi I'm currently having this problem with Coran and the Wyverns,

I have BGTutu, BG2 Tweaks, Tutufix, Finch NPC, Murneth NPC, Indi NPC, Gavin NPC, The Grey Clan, Siren's Call, Unfinished Business, BG1 NPC project and widescreen mod.

I've tried the above CLUA console code but all I get is this..

lua: call expression is not a function
active stack
active stack

I still can't get the priest to recognise that I've got the wyvern heads.

What am I doing wrong?

Offline Mike1072

• Planewalker
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2009, 11:19:13 AM »
I've tried the above CLUA console code but all I get is this..

lua: call expression is not a function
active stack
active stack

I still can't get the priest to recognise that I've got the wyvern heads.

What am I doing wrong?
That message means there was a typo in the command that you entered in the console.  Did you include the CLUAConsole: prefix?

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("SPRITE_IS_DEADX#CoranWyvern","GLOBAL",1)

Offline Leomar

• Planewalker
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2009, 10:13:17 PM »
Mysterious Vial

A German gamer reported that Thalantyr not recognizes the vial and Taerom not recognizes the ore. Berrun should mention this, but he doesn't. After the gamer played further, the dialogues about the items showed up and all is working fine.

Taimon said the following to the situation in the German forum:
It looks like it is a problem with BG1UB. There is a SetGlobal("D0TaintedOreQuest","GLOBAL",1) in the Success5 and Success6 states of Berrun missing (only in the BGT-specific ubvial.d).  Therefore Thalantyr don't recognize the vial, but it could be that it work if you visit Taerom first. Additional you have only one chance to talk with Berrun about the problem. Perhaps this could be programmed a little bit more rubust.   

Greetings Leomar

Offline Ascension64

• Planewalker
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2009, 03:06:31 AM »

Any ideas?
Checked this in-game, and seems to work OK. Is Tranzig having difficulty initiating dialogue when he is hurt? Sometimes that happens. There is a chain dialogue when you first talk to Tranzig where Branwen talks, and Branwen interjects when Tranzig starts dialogue after he is hurt, which forces you to kill him rather than allowing him to surrender.

for a few creatures (take ANDRIS.CRE for instance), the mod attempts to fix/reassign incorrect item reference slots (armors in this case) but doesn't make sure the armor slot entry isn't already occupied, thereby leaving any existing armor added in by another mod (DSotSC) to just "float" without any link/reference - which only leads to NI reporting one more Creature Inventory Check error.
I'll modify so that no item slot re-assignation occurs if slot is taken up by another item (which would only occur if another mod changes it).

Sakul.CRE has an item SCRL1R in his inventory; looks like a typo as it doesn't exist.
This one is dud? BG1UB changes SCRL1J to SCRL1I. So, if you haven't made a typo, another mod is doing this.

It looks like it is a problem with BG1UB. There is a SetGlobal("D0TaintedOreQuest","GLOBAL",1) in the Success5 and Success6 states of Berrun missing (only in the BGT-specific ubvial.d).  Therefore Thalantyr don't recognize the vial, but it could be that it work if you visit Taerom first. Additional you have only one chance to talk with Berrun about the problem. Perhaps this could be programmed a little bit more rubust.
Fixed for next version.

temujin_

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2009, 11:06:36 AM »
This one is dud? BG1UB changes SCRL1J to SCRL1I. So, if you haven't made a typo, another mod is doing this.

pretty sure i didn't make a typo, so if there is any other mod that's doing this, then it's likely BGT.

this is what Sakul's inventory looks like in NI with just BGT 1.07 installed.  maybe this resource isn't being copied over from BG1?

a couple more minor questions/typos while i'm at it:

1.  bg1ub/dialogues/u!minor1.d

Code: [Select]
REPLACE_TRIGGER_TEXT %JAHEIRA_BANTER% ~"Kahlid"~ ~"Khalid"~ //5, 8      (line 17)

%JAHEIRA_BANTER% evaluates to BJAHEIR (according to g3_bgt_cpmvars.tpa) but the misspelled "Kahlid" appears in BJAHEI.dlg, not BJAHEIR.dlg

2.  bg1ub/BGT/baf/act13.baf

CreateCreature("_HALFEN2",[-1.-1],0)     // (line 11)

creature doesn't exist.  even if %tutu_var% was placed in front, there is still no HALFEN2.cre

3.  bg1ub/BGT/spl/bgwi924.spl

the 'play sound' effect looks for a missing sound file WERE_01 (at 0x10E).  maybe it's WEREG_01?

Offline Mike1072

• Planewalker
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2009, 04:02:04 PM »

pretty sure i didn't make a typo, so if there is any other mod that's doing this, then it's likely BGT.

this is what Sakul's inventory looks like in NI with just BGT 1.07 installed.  maybe this resource isn't being copied over from BG1?
This looks like the same inventory from BG1, where he has SCRL1R on his .cre, but not in any item slot.  It's the unused Wraithform scroll.

Offline Ascension64

• Planewalker
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2009, 07:51:45 PM »
[quote]%JAHEIRA_BANTER% evaluates to BJAHEIR (according to g3_bgt_cpmvars.tpa) but the misspelled "Kahlid" appears in BJAHEI.dlg, not BJAHEIR.dlgThis is fine, since BGT doesn't use BJAHEI.dlg.

creature doesn't exist.  even if %tutu_var% was placed in front, there is still no HALFEN2.cre
the 'play sound' effect looks for a missing sound file WERE_01 (at 0x10E).  maybe it's WEREG_01?
Fixed, thanks.

temujin_

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2009, 12:33:03 AM »
This is fine, since BGT doesn't use BJAHEI.dlg.
so how exactly does fixing a nonexistent spelling error in a different, unrelated file supposed to help?  ???

Offline Ascension64

• Planewalker
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2009, 03:45:56 AM »
This is a combined BG/BGT/Tutu installation. It's a catch-all line of code.

temujin_

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2009, 07:20:11 AM »
i can see that, but the error is already corrected on the BGT side so that line wouldn't have any effect.  so what's the harm in fixing the mixspelling on the other file (even if it's not used by BGT)?

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: