Author Topic: Rosenranken: "Adalon's Blood" English Release  (Read 19859 times)

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
Rosenranken: "Adalon's Blood" English Release
« on: December 23, 2008, 03:28:20 PM »
Rosenranken

After several years and thousands of downloads, "Adalon's Blood" (Silberdrachenblutmod) finally is available in English, thanks to Headbanger. The install of the mod was also updated.

Adalon's Blood Modification enables the player to ask Adalon for somewhat of her blood to end the 'skinner' murders in the Bridge District without having to kill her. This is mainly aimed at good aligned characters who want to finish the quest in a good way: to discover and eradicate the clients of the skinner and cleanse the armor in a temple.
Nevertheless, evil characters may also attempt to convince Adalon to sacrifice some of her blood. There is a 25% chance of success for them in deceiving the silver dragon.

You do not have to start a new game to play the mod. However, the modification has to be installed *before* the PC has brought back Adalon's eggs to her.
More content can be seen if the mod is installed before the first meeting with the 'skinner' Fael in the Umar Hills.
If the Mod was installed before the first entering of the Drow city, there is (beside fighting it) an additional possibility to defeat the Aboleth.

Download: Adalon's Blood - Silberdrachenblutmod von Gandalf the white, version 2

Follow the link to find also OSX and Linux versions.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: Rosenranken: "Adalon's Blood" English Release
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 01:01:40 AM »
Nice. And as there's always a good/neutral char in the party, Adalon gives her blood every time. Reminds me of Perumov's "Mage Wars", where a New God had to feed a vampire with his blood - to get her services. If the dialogue is good, it must be a powerful scene.

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 01:53:17 AM »
The check is for the PC's alignment. You tell me whether the dialogue is good; the PC has to fulfill a request before Adalon considers injuring herself.

Offline SixOfSpades

• Planewalker
    • Volothamp's Comeuppance
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2008, 03:00:32 PM »
Goody. I considered doing almost exactly like this myself, so this is essentially a "sincerest form of flattery" comment--good job!

Two minor notes: In my intended version of the mod, Adalon was more likely to give you her blood if you emphasized that you'd be more than willing to heal her of the damage afterward, and if she did give you the blood, it would be in lieu of "an item from her hoard," meaning you could only recieve the blood instead of Necadaran's Crossbow. Is this the case in the completed mod?

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008, 05:11:15 PM »
Thank you for the kind words. This mod is an add-on, so the reward was unchnaged. Having to heal her is a nice idea, but I don't develop this mod (I am sure I could if I ask Gandalf the white, but I didn't intend to right now).
How about you have a look at the mod and then tell me what you'd like better. :)

Dirty Uncle Bertie

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2009, 01:47:48 PM »
As someone who's not too familiar with the game, can anyone tell me how this quest ends in the unmodded game if you are good and don't kill Adalon?  And what then are the benefits of installing this mod?  I thought you just needed the blood to make a human skin armor, which is for evil characters to wear.

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2009, 09:55:09 AM »
A good character can't finish the quest, meaning Fael will be there, offering to finish the skin armour. You can attack him, of course, but it's not a real quest ending (he disappears).
This mod aims to "finish" the quest in a way that the PC has the chance to meet the clients of Fael by playing the game further (i.e. finishing the armour). The good PC has then the possibility to fight and kill the evil mages and give the armour to a temple.

Whether your good character wants the evil armour to be finished at all is another story everyone has to decide for themself. Actually, this is a really good question for a paladin - how far would a paladin go in this case? Finishing the armour is something that could be considered evil.

Dirty Uncle Bertie

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2009, 10:13:20 AM »
Hey, that sounds great.  Thanks a lot!

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2009, 10:35:59 AM »
There is a version 3 that needs testing, btw. See the mod's thread: http://www.rosenranken.org/index.php?topic=8092.0 (download is in the second post, sorry for the German).
The only change is the addition of further triggers: in version 2, the PC can ask Adalon about her blood even if he didn't met Fael beforehand. In version 3, this is no longer possible.

Dirty Uncle Bertie

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2009, 04:42:00 PM »
Thanks again.  I'll download v3 and try it out next time I play.

jastey, I installed v2 and used CLUAConsole to warp to Adalon to see what she had to say.  The mod looks very well written, but I noticed a journal entry said "That should considerable shorten the battle".  And I think the line before that "I should keep my eyes open whether there..." should maybe say "I should keep my eyes open as to whether there...".

If you like, I'll have a look through the rest of it and let you know if I think anything else should be changed.  Will I find all the dialogue and journal entries in silberdrachenblut.tra?

Oh, and while I have your attention, would you be interested in proving a minor hotfix for the Finch mod?  I know you recently updated Sirine's Call, which a lot of people were grateful for.  The details of how to implement one of the bugfixes can be found here (sadly, no-one is actually hosting a hotfix at the mo, which is why I'm asking) - http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,18513.msg315560.html#msg315560

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2009, 04:50:20 AM »
It would be awesome if you would want to proof read. Grammar and typo corrections are always more than welcome!

As for fixing / updating Finch, I have to say I am sorry but I don't think I will spend the time just now. I can imagine it must be frustrating for players to see the knowledge being there but no modder providing an updated version, but the problem is that every update means going through the coding (which I never looked at in case of Finch), testing the install, testing the actual fix, etc. All in all if done correctly keeps you busy for several days, at least (Updating Sirine's Call took me all in all several weeks). Seeing as Taimon already made a fix for BGT and plainab more or less offered a fix for Tutu, (and that the fix is needed for innate abilities, as far as I understand, which I have no experience with,) I'd rather wait for plainab's fix, I am afraid.

Dirty Uncle Bertie

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2009, 05:39:26 AM »
But I don't think plainab is going to provide a fix!  All I want to see are the fixed sufinch1 and sufinch4 files made available. I don't know how to fix them myself, and even if I did, that wouldn't benefit the community.  I would also like to see the "If Finch is in the party when completing the Firebeard book quest in Beregost" bug - http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,25725.0.html - fixed, but no-one has provided a solution to that.

Are you able to change sufinch1 and sufinch4 and upload them somewhere?  If not, I'll ask Taimon if he's able to do it.

And could you please tell me where to find all the dailogue and journal entries for Adalon's Blood?  Is everything in silberdrachenblut.tra?

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2009, 06:47:26 AM »
Yes, it's all in silberdrachenblut.tra.

It shouldn't take too much time to change two cre files, if I know what I am doing (I am not sure I do right now, though). Have patience - I am overloaded with work currently (all added up due to an illness) and a mom of three. I'll have a look at it, but I can't promise I'll do it today.

Dirty Uncle Bertie

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2009, 10:11:36 AM »
Thank you so much!  I don't want you to do it unless you have the time, so please don't worry about it if you end up being too busy with other things.

Dirty Uncle Bertie

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2009, 06:31:18 PM »
jastey, this is probably happening because I've used CLUAConsole to cheat and get to Adalon, then give her the eggs, but I have a problem.  If I agree to kill the Aboleth, talk to Adalon again straight away and tell her I've changed my mind, she offers to transport me out at which point we are teleported and have to fight some drow.  After they're dead she tells me that she can feel the Aboleth's presence still, and I get stuck in a loop.  Do you have a save near Adalon, having got to her without cheating?  If so, can you test this for me?

Just to clarify, agree to kill the Aboleth, talk to her again straight away and tell her you've changed your mind, and see if you get stuck in a loop.

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2009, 06:43:41 AM »
Confirmed. Seems this route nobody ever went. Cheers!

I also spotted some non-translated lines in the script files. I think version 4 will be coming soon...

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2009, 06:54:40 AM »
I could use proof reading for the following lines:

@0    = ~You spot a branch point of piping that seem to supply the tank of the aboleth.~
@1    = ~You spot a branch point of piping that seem to supply the tank of the aboleth. You could destroy the tank connection, if you want.~
@2    = ~You destroy the connection of the pipes to the tank. The piping does no longer support the tank of the aboleth.~
@4    = ~You spot a branch point of piping that seem to supply the tank of the aboleth, but you are too far away to do anything with it.~

@0    = ~The Aboleth lies in his tank, out of reach of your weapons. You have to find a way to destroy his life-supporting supplies.~
@1    = ~The Aboleth lies lifeless in his tank. The fishlike creature seems to be dead.~

erik

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2009, 05:34:21 PM »
Hmm. An aboleth should probably be referred to as it/its, not he/his, if I understand wikipedias aboleth page right. So "its tank", etc.

And you should be consistent referring to it as the Aboleth or the aboleth, not a mix.

The first four lines does sound a little awkward. Any native speakers want to chime in?

Dirty Uncle Bertie

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2009, 06:28:01 PM »
jastey, I'll take a look at those lines for you tomorrow.

jastey*

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2009, 01:22:59 AM »
Giving the aboleth a masculine gender is German, sorry (also to spell it with a capital A).

Thank you, Dirty Uncle Bertie. You can send the corrected files to my usename @web.de.

-jastey

Dirty Uncle Bertie

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2009, 06:39:21 PM »
jastey, are those lines you want proof read new lines?  What file are they in?  I suppose it doesn't really matter.

Anyway, I've been busy today and will be tomorrow, but I promise I'll do two things over the weekend:

• Work on those "You spot a branch point of piping..." lines (I'll post my version here)
  • Go through silberdrachenblut.tra and make changes to that, then email you the changed version

Regarding silberdrachenblut.tra, I noticed that there is a mixture of single and double spaces used.  My experience of double spaces in BG2 is that sometimes they look a bit odd, so I'll change things so that everything is single spaced.  And I'll also make sure that "aboleth" is always lower case, and referred to as "it".  Can you give me the area code for the aboleth so that I can use CLUAConsole to warp to it and see its tank, the piping etc.  It would be useful to see these things when working on the proof reading.

I can't think of anything else I needed to ask you.  If there's anything I've missed, do let me know.  I apologise for the delay in sorting this out for you, but I promise I'll get something posted here and emailed by Sunday evening.

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2009, 11:22:29 AM »
Sounds good! The new lines are in the scripts, in the current version they are still in German. The next version will have all texts translated.

And no worries concerning time frame, really.

Dirty Uncle Bertie

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2009, 02:15:07 PM »
Understood.  Can you give me the code to CLUAConsole to the aboleth?

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2009, 02:46:00 PM »
Sorry, I wanted, but then I forgot.

It's AR2200. The aboleth is in the tank, on the left after entering the drow city on the first round platform. The piping would be somewhere under it where it is not really seen.

Dirty Uncle Bertie

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2009, 03:06:50 PM »
Cool!  I'll take a look tomorrow.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: