Author Topic: cant kill torgal  (Read 10655 times)

wajs

cant kill torgal
« on: March 10, 2008, 07:42:54 PM »
can somebody help me? i cant kill torgal..
he only stay at near death and doesnt collapse..
i even use the cheat to kill him but it dosent work..

can i use shadowkeeper to kill him?
thanks

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
Re: cant kill torgal
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 09:11:51 PM »
First of all, this is not an issue with the de'Arnise Romance mod.

Secondly, are you hitting him with fire or acid when he goes down? Killing trolls with CTRL+Y is tricky, you may need to wait a second or two after he goes to the "down" state to get the kill in.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline Pyromania

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 08:21:20 PM »
That's a common bug. If you want to use Shadowkeeper, get yourself a Hammer named Crom Faeyr. That one will kill a Troll with one hit...

Offline gertjanvh

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008, 10:04:57 PM »
can somebody help me? i cant kill torgal..
he only stay at near death and doesnt collapse..
i even use the cheat to kill him but it dosent work..

can i use shadowkeeper to kill him?
thanks

Are you sure you used acid or fire on the trolls once they reach a vegetable state?

Offline Rodman49

• Excellence Incarnate
  • Planewalker
  • Nietzschean
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2008, 10:50:55 PM »
I seem to remember having something similar to this happen.  Obviously the poster knows how to kill trolls (acid/fire) because he's made it Torgal and past the earlier trolls in the keep.  I believe Torgal may have more past-death HP than other trolls, I remember shooting his body with fire arrows a few times and he wouldn't go down.  I was like "damn, why won't he die" so I eventually got irritated and had Nalia cast a fireball at his body which left him a charred corpse and completely killed him.

Offline Fall-From-Grace

• Drow Scholar
  • Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2008, 02:59:16 AM »
This happens all the time when you try to kill a troll too fast. It happens to me as well. Try waiting a while for Torgal to fall over then shoot him with fire or acid. If it doesn't work, then try healing him with Ctrl-R cheat then hitting him again to Near Death. If THAT doesn't work... well, you're out of luck.  :-\
L'elamshin d'lil Ilythriiri zhah ulu har'luth jal.<br />The destiny of the Drow is to conquer all. - Drow Motto<br /><br />Nindyn vel'uss kyorl nind ratha thalra elghinn dal lil alust.<br />Those who watch their backs meet death from the front. - Drow Proverb

Offline strayshift

• Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2008, 03:26:07 PM »
they have a falling animation during which if you them they go back up - know it to near dead then back off and finish it when down with fire and acid.
Works for me.
G

Offline MrToughGuy

• Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2008, 03:32:42 PM »
This is a problem I'm having as well. It's not just an issue of using fire/acid, or pausing to let him actually fall down into vegetable state, or even just his fast regeneration. Torgal will go down to Almost Dead status, but won't fall unconscious, no matter how much damage you do to him.

Now, I've seen some other forums discussing that it's an old bug dealing with the Bigger Picture mod (something to do with all trolls getting some sort of ring or amulet that conflicts with Torgal's script), however, I'm not using that mod. I am using Tactics, and have the Streamlined Trolls portion of that mod installed as well. There's a .cre file that you can substitute for Torgal's existing one that will make him killable (it also just makes him stand there and take all your hits without attacking after he says his lines). Not very sporting, but I've found no other way around this problem. It could be a conflict with some other mod (not that I can think of any that would mess with his script), as I've been able to kill him with Tactics installed before.

Offline MrToughGuy

• Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2008, 04:01:48 PM »
How about that? Already found the solution. Open Torgal's .cre file with Shadowkeeper and delete the item he has on his neck. You have to do this before entering the D'Arnisse Keep dungeon (ie: before Torgal spawns) for it to work.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: